Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What are our chances of landing DE Chase Nelson.........

Started by Hollywood_HOGan, August 11, 2005, 06:16:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan

Im a Union HS grad and was wondering if we had a good chance of getting Chase Nelson.

Saw him in the championship game and he was all over the field making plays.

We really need DEs in this class and he would be a very very good pickup.

Bomis Hawg

Not sure they are that good.  Arkansas has nabbed a few from the Tulsa, so I wouldn't rule it out.  He has a lot of offers, ranging from Tennessee to UCLA.  Looks like they might or might not be in the top 3, definitely top 5.  You see Minnesota, UCLA, Tennessee, OU (hasn't offered), and Arkansas surface with him.

Link: UCLA tops list for Tulsa DE

Besides UCLA, Nelson has offers from Minnesota, Kansas, Missouri and Arkansas.

Nelson is being recruited by every team in the Big 12 except Baylor. Stanford has sent letters.

"UCLA is one of my top three schools," Nelson said. "Minnesota and Oklahoma are the other two. Oklahoma hasn't offered yet but they are recruiting me."

"UCLA is one of those very prestigious Universities and it's out west," Nelson said. "I have family that lives in Pasadena so I have been in the area before."

Bruin defensive line Thurmond Moore had the inside knowledge of Nelson's skills since he coached at Tulsa University last season and knows all about Nelson and Union's program.

Moore is already making his presence felt on the recruiting trail for the Bruins and is doing an excellent job recruiting Nelson for UCLA.

Nelson plays for one of the State of Oklahoma's best programs and was one of the reasons that Union won the state championship in 2004.

The scouting report on Nelson plays hard whistle-to-whistle. He uses hands well and gets off blocks. He has the ability to play inside or outside on the collegiate level. Nelson also has the frame that D-I schools like. He could add weight without losing any quickness.

Nelson is also a good student who carries a 3.5 GPA.

Wouldn't shock me if he and his teammate (Dominique Franks) both end up at Tennessee. 

CarolinaHog1176

I'm guessing if we land E. Norwood at DE, then if we do get C. Nelson he'd be moved to DT.  sounds like he's a lock for UCLA though (or a west coast team).  who knows though, HDN and his staff have done a good job of getting into Oklahoma and pulling out some excellent talent as of late
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on August 12, 2005, 10:02:09 am
I'm guessing if we land E. Norwood at DE, then if we do get C. Nelson he'd be moved to DT. sounds like he's a lock for UCLA though (or a west coast team). who knows though, HDN and his staff have done a good job of getting into Oklahoma and pulling out some excellent talent as of late

Depending on when he verbals, we would look much more inviting if Arkansas competes well against defending champ USC.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

TulsaHogFan

We will..........Defense keeps us in the game, Herring has his work cut out for him.  I would not want anyone else recruiting this kid.

We do well in Tulsa, Jones proves this.  I can not remember who i talked to but a woman who was interested in buying a house from us, (kid goes to Union) saw my bosses U of A diploma and said yea few kids on my sons team (Union) are very high on the hogs.