Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mustain and future commits

Started by Cresthog, August 10, 2005, 01:32:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cresthog

Okay...IF Mustain commits to the hogs. Which top name recruit will be the next to pull the trigger? Norwood? Brown? And what about Aleric Mullins or that safety Rashard or Rashad Jones??

TX HOG

What about Andre Smith, that would be nice.  The above mentioned would be great also.

CarolinaHog1176

Rashad Jones has Miami on top of his list.... we'll have to wait and see on him
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Bomis Hawg

I've got a feeling Andre Smith won't get "wooed" that much.

Look for a guy like Terrell Reese or Larry Kendricks to take an even harder look.  Norwood might comimit to Arkansas the day (or two) after a Mustain commit.  Chris Brown might do something similar, or put Arkansas back on top.

Mullins and Jones probably won't go that far, but probably will look at Arkansas more.  I'd like to get Andre Smith, but a guy like Lionel Mapp might be a decent guy out of Ga.

Cresthog

Any chance Damien Williams changes his mind? I sure as heck wouldnt mind that.

The_Bionic_Pig

Zhamal Thomas & his teamate Jared Mitchell both from New Iberia (LA).   Also Chris Brown & Will Coppage.   if not Coppage then Lance Kendricks.  I base this on nothing other than Offensive minded players always want to be linked to the best.   If no Chris Brown then Jocques Crawford.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

3kgthog

Screw Damian Williams. I don't want anyone on the team that didn't pick the Hogs the first go round.  As Chris Rock would say, that's kinda like your uncle (that molested you) paying for your college education. 

Who are the guys that have actually told the media they were waiting on MM's decision?  Too bad Andre Smith wasn't one of them.  That guy would eat some people alive next year. 

tophawg19

i would rather have coppage over williams the ability is close and coppage seems to want to be a hog .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Bomis Hawg

I wouldn't put Coppage in the same spot as Williams.  I'd take Lance Kendricks over all of the WR prospects.  Coppage will be a plus for the track team, though.

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on August 10, 2005, 05:37:46 pmCoppage will be a plus for the track team, though.

I don't know if he can affort to split time between football and track since he's only played 1 year of high school football
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

The Coletrain

I'd love to see the Hawgs sign the big Thomas kid from LA.  He looks like a horse.  If we get a couple more big boys to go with the pair we have commited now (Hart and McKinney) and the four big fellas we signed in the '05 class, we should have the makings of a very nice line for years to come.
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

Bomis Hawg

If I am not mistaken, Freddie Fairchild didn't spend much time playing football in HS.  Some have labeled him a natural though.  I hope Coppage has some serious upside potential, might be why some are a little hesisitant about pulling the strings and offering.

I think Brown is a gem to have, he or Crawford. 

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on August 10, 2005, 08:05:08 pm
If I am not mistaken, Freddie Fairchild didn't spend much time playing football in HS. Some have labeled him a natural though. I hope Coppage has some serious upside potential, might be why some are a little hesisitant about pulling the strings and offering.

that would be great!  not objeciting to that at all
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

The Coletrain

I'd like to see Coppage in red and white, but I think the coaches are being very picky about who they offer until MM makes his decision.  There may be a couple more highly regarded WRs that jump into the picture once we get MM and when HDN shows his commitment to throw the ball and run a more pro-style offense this fall.

tophawg19

coppages speed and the fact that he is supposed to have good hands make him attractive
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

The Coletrain

Coppage must have definite upside or else A&M wouldn't have already offered the kid with just one year of high school football under his belt.  I won't be disappointed if we land him.  I think he would be a great complement to Norman.  Big, rangy and fast WR to stretch the field and make the big play alongside a quick, sure-handed possession receiver to move the chains. 

Bomis Hawg

I'll take Lance Kendricks over all of the WR prospects!

Here is a post I made, couple of track stuff for those are interested.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=22967.0

Oklahawg

Coppage has only one year of organized FB. He didn't have the best hands at the UA camp in July and that means he'll have to show that he can hold onto the ball this fall if he wants an offer.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra