Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heath doing a nice job

Started by Razorod, August 09, 2005, 08:27:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorod

It looks like Heath has been a busy man this summer and it may pay dividends with Stefan Welsh. He would be a nice pick-up in my opinion. Doesn't look like we're in the running for his friend Macklin.

I think a backcourt of Kemp and Welsh would be very good.

Does anyone know if Heath is recruiting Sonny Weems at UAFS? If Brewer is going after next season and with Modica graduating--suddenly an overstocked position becomes rather thin.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: Razorod on August 09, 2005, 08:27:12 am
Does anyone know if Heath is recruiting Sonny Weems at UAFS? If Brewer is going after next season and with Modica graduating--suddenly an overstocked position becomes rather thin.

here's his HIGH list:
Baylor
Cincinnati
Kansas
Memphis
Oklahoma
Oklahoma State

and his MEDIUM list
Arkansas
Tennessee
UAB
Washington

hopefully we can get Thad Young since they play the same spot
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

bigred7987

Thad Young over anyone right now.  Him and Kemp need to be our biggest priorities

Razorod

is that he is looking at other options rather than college. From what little conversations I've gathered from him, he may go prep, developmental league or some other option. I don't know if I'd count on him too much. He'd be a great get--even for just one year. You could follow up with the kid from Springdale in the 07 class.

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

The Coletrain

Point guard and shooting guard are definitely the top priorities right now with the depth we'll have down low (Townes, Hill, Thomas, Hunter, McGowan).  We could probably use a combo guy as well with the real possibility of losing Brewer to go along with Ferguson, Modica, and the recent loss of Famutimi.  But assuming Washington can play the three, I'd still really like to see us add one more post player that can be a go-to scorer (ala Chism, Niles, or Mayfield).  Nothing against the crop we have right now - I think there's a ton of young potential there - but none of those guys outside of Townes has proven to be a scorers.  I'm still holding out for Thomas to emerge as a threat on the block, but Hill, Hunter, and McGowan all have the reputation of defensive players with limited offensive skills at this point. 

FYI:  Armon Bassett commitmed to Quinn Snyder and Missouri today, so we can scratch him off the combo list along with Ramar Smith.  But it's looking good for Stefan Welsh.
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

yraciv

I've got a pretty good source, and I hear Brewer will stay through his senior season.  I know things can change, but he's hearing top 5 pick if he stays and that interests him.  Plus his parents want him to graduate.

pioneerhog

Quote from: yraciv on August 11, 2005, 11:09:30 am
I've got a pretty good source, and I hear Brewer will stay through his senior season. I know things can change, but he's hearing top 5 pick if he stays and that interests him. Plus his parents want him to graduate.
I heard him say his freshman year that one of his goals was to break his dad's records and I think he is going to try and do that.

sowsbury steak

Weems has dropped us from consideration.  He is down to Cincy, Memphis, and Oklahoma.