Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone know about the so-called "big news"

Started by TX HOG, August 06, 2005, 12:18:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TX HOG

On the hawgsports board, the premium side, "big news" is being discussed.  I don't know if this information is only for paying customers, I thought rumors were avaliable for eveyone.

TX HOG

Funny, watch out Dane Cook, HoopHog's on the scene  :)

JackJohnson

Quote from: TX HOG on August 06, 2005, 12:18:13 pm
On the hawgsports board, the premium side, "big news" is being discussed. I don't know if this information is only for paying customers, I thought rumors were avaliable for eveyone.

appearently mustain has decided on a school, but has not made it public yet.  this comes from dottie, so i would assume that means he is coming to Ark??

TX HOG

Is it known how/when he will make this appearant news public?

Bomis Hawg

Wow, Hoop, go figure someone actually KEEPING news to themself. :D

Maybe its Mustain.   I don't think its a hoopster right now.  Unless its breaking news that Thad Young is coming and bring a couple with him. 

What if it is Ryan Mallett saying he's committing now? ;D

JZ22

Can I assume good news for the Hogs? Or am I just being to optomistic?

Bomis Hawg

From what I heard, its good news.  So, we'll just have to wait and see.

DisplacedHogFan

Guess we'll all just have to sit and wait...... ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bomis Hawg

Mustain probably won't commit until early next week or the week after.  Due to the ESPN deal, it'll come at the start of the week, I think, on their recruiting blurb on ESPNEWS.

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on August 06, 2005, 12:53:43 pm
What if it is Ryan Mallett saying he's committing now? ;D

Quote from: HoopHog on August 06, 2005, 01:24:32 pm
DAMN Bomis...you know...that would be awesome. I'm sure Ryan is keeping an eye on all this tornadic activity surrounding Mustain. Wouldn't he be a HUGE hero if he stepped out and did that? Holy cow that would put the Razorback Nation on it's ear! :D

that would be a pretty good "rebound", but of course to rebound you have to get knocked down first (i.e. MM committing to someone else), and I don't think that's going to happen
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Oklahawg

News is supposed to be positive (isn't that refreshing!). And, any commit at this point is very good news. We've been so selective in offers thus far Hog fans can feel good about any commit that comes our way. Won't keep us from ritualistic suicide if the BIG recruit announces elsewhere....
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

DisplacedHogFan

Would suck if he chose Notre Dame and their hot girls:

[attachment deleted by admin]

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: ScottFaldon on August 06, 2005, 03:39:10 pm
Is it possible this "big news" is the announcement about the Emfinger All-Star game being played at RRS?

No....that has actually been discussed already last week. Pretty sure they are referring to Mustain's announcement.

Bomis Hawg

Well, hopefully ESPN didn't give MM anything....definately wouldn't want the NCAA calling for taking "gifts." :D

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: HoopHog on August 06, 2005, 03:46:42 pm
Quote from: ScottFaldon on August 06, 2005, 03:39:10 pm
Is it possible this "big news" is the announcement about the Emfinger All-Star game being played at RRS?

Very possible. It was already news on our board, but there has been no mention of this on HawgSports.

That's because every bit of relevant news from 3 days ago is off that board with Damian committing and Mitch about to. There's only like 3 days worth of posts on 15 pages (it cuts everything off after it rolls off page 15)...

bigred7987

Ramar Smith committed to UConn so theres one highly touted bball recruit that had some big news to report im praying its Mustain though

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: bigred7987 on August 06, 2005, 05:02:28 pm
Ramar Smith committed to UConn so theres one highly touted bball recruit that had some big news to report im praying its Mustain though

It's Mustain folks. Now it's just a matter of figuring out whether the news is good or bad (personally I'm going with good). WPS!

CorningHog

HoopHog, I loved the Geico thing!  Funny, very good!

I hope it is MM coming to Ark too!

GO HOGS GO !!!!!!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

PecosHog

August 06, 2005, 08:55:19 pm #18 Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 09:27:46 pm by PecosHog
Dottie is a he not a she and has been a reliable source for Razorback recruiting for many years.

Bomis Hawg

You don't believe it, but you just happened to post it on your lame board?  Good call.

CarolinaHog1176

WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

pioneerhog

Smite me if you want Oklahawg but I went over there and looked at what he was saying, just for kicks, and it amazed me how many of their threads was something to the effect of " I got this off Hogville" or " Acording to Hogville", truely funny stuff. If so much of their stuff is from here it makes you wonder why anyone would join their site instead of ours, might be why they have less than 100 members.

Golfer

August 06, 2005, 11:32:31 pm #23 Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 11:34:38 pm by Golfer
Quote from: on the brazos on August 06, 2005, 08:00:48 pm
i hate to dump cold water on you guys and my dreams, but i think mitch mustain is going to ND. i hope im wrong about this. i will believe mustain is coming to arkansas when he reports next fall. and whoever Dottie is, i dont believe a word she says.

The only reason you don't believe Dotte (whomever he is), is because that he disagrees with your thinking.  Everyone that doesn't agree with you about anything concerning the Razorback program, is wrong, according to you.  In case you didn't know, everyone's opinion counts as much as yours, right?

SGH2244

I just got off the phone with a very realiable source reguarding Mitch and Andrew's decision.  Mitch has narrowed his final two down to Miami and Arkansas while Andrew is down to Arkansas and Louisville.  Neither will give a favorite but Andrew has said that if Mitch goes to the U of A he will come, if not then they will both go their separate ways.  Basically we're looking at an all or nothing situation.  Both also acknowledged that if Arkansas were to enlist the coaching services of Coach Gus then their decision would be extremly favored towards Arkansas.  However, should that not happen it appears that we are in a coin flip kind of situation. 

TX HOG

Mitch has said, if news doesn't come out of his mouth, it's not true.  I hope you just got off the phone with Mitch.

hog_fan

I can't see Miami. They have two solid QB's on campus and signed one of top QB's out there and are in the running for another one. I'm guessing it's Notre Dame and Arkansas hes deciding between and maybe Florida.

Bomis Hawg

I think the Andrew Norman info is definately true.  Louisville is probably a choice of his.  But, its been said numerous times that Miami is no longer in his top two, ND and Arkansas.  It might've changed, not slighting your opinion.  If it is those two schools, I like Arkansas chances.

Mitch will make his decision.  I think any source, regardless of how accurate it is or people think it is, should be taken as face value -- not the Gospel.  He'll probably name the winner for his service soon and we'll see the backlash, positive or negative, soon.  I know nothing from the inside of his camp or Springdale, and know no one, but I'll stand by the angle that if he would've announced earlier it would not have been in Arkansas' favor.   

SGH2244

August 08, 2005, 01:10:04 pm #28 Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 01:11:47 pm by SGH2244
Well as of Sunday Mitch was at two, atleast that was the impression I was given from inside the walls of Springdale High.  I won't say how I found out about Miami but I was shocked to hear it, knowing that they did have a comitment from another top recruit and even questioned my source, but it is defintly between Miami and Arkansas.  Mitch said his final two are Miami and Arkansas and Andrew said his final two are Louisville and Arkansas.  No hint to the choice but if ones a Hog they are both Hogs.  If not, re-start firehoustonnutt.com.....

WilsonHog

This thing has taken on a life of it's own.

Two days ago I was told that Miami was definitely out.

This morning I was told the exact opposite. 

_Collin1

Quote from: DisplacedHogFan on August 06, 2005, 02:11:49 pm
Guess we'll all just have to sit and wait...... ;D

Lets sign her up at Tackle on Goaline situations.  Gotta love the snoopy socks.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

_Collin1

Quote from: WilsonHog on August 08, 2005, 01:10:19 pm
This thing has taken on a life of it's own.

Two days ago I was told that Miami was definitely out.

This morning I was told the exact opposite.

Personally my boss is asking Mitch to make a decision so I am not checking hogville every 20 minutes in my cube. :)

mossfan3

Who told you the opposite? Did you hear it or just read it on here?

BigHawg

What other schools are in the running besides Miami?

_Collin1

Quote from: BigHawg on August 08, 2005, 02:05:15 pm
What other schools are in the running besides Miami?
Big Hawg...  go to the recruiting forum, there is a post on OFFENSIVE and DEFENSIVE players that hands down ANSWERS ALL questions.  Very well put together...

Enjoy it and welcome.

hog_fan

When and where did Mitch say he had it down to one school?

akp4105

MUSTAIN WILL ANNOUNCE ON ESPN THAT HE IS IN FACT GOING TO SPEND HIS COLLEGE YEARS IN A RAZORBACK UNIFORM..THATS THE NEWS FROM ME

Boared

GREAT. THE NEWS FROM ME IS THAT HE'S STILL TRYING TO DECIDE.

garagephilosopher

August 08, 2005, 03:24:36 pm #38 Last Edit: August 08, 2005, 03:26:09 pm by garagephilosopher
Quote from: Oklahawg on August 06, 2005, 11:25:26 pm
Smites to anyone who clicks the link...

Sorry, had to do it.  I am a web developer and that might be ugliest and most elementary web design I've ever seen.

SGH2244

If he had any desire to A:) win a national championship B:) play at a school thats a regular in the top 10 and consistantly in a major bowl or C:) Have his best shot at national recognitation then he will attend Miami. If he wants to be the glorified leader of a program that will be consistantly 8-3, 7-4, 6-5 and go to medicore bowls than he will attend the University of Arkansas.  Its just the facts, we all would love to see him in a Razorback Uni but I suspect that because of H-Nutt's track record for spectacular seasons, realistically its just not going to happen unless Nutt gives the offensive reins to Malzon. 

BigHawg

Does anyone know what MM is waiting on?  By the way, this is addictive. 

Big Pig

SGH...you said you just got off the phone with a source and now you are saying that as of Sunday....get your story right.

Go HOGS

HogFanLR

Quote from: SGH2244 on August 08, 2005, 03:27:17 pm
If he had any desire to A:) win a national championship B:) play at a school thats a regular in the top 10 and consistantly in a major bowl or C:) Have his best shot at national recognitation then he will attend Miami. If he wants to be the glorified leader of a program that will be consistantly 8-3, 7-4, 6-5 and go to medicore bowls than he will attend the University of Arkansas. Its just the facts, we all would love to see him in a Razorback Uni but I suspect that because of H-Nutt's track record for spectacular seasons, realistically its just not going to happen unless Nutt gives the offensive reins to Malzon.

Good grief.  With friends like this....  hey we are Arkansas Fans here. 

SGH2244

Quote from: Big Pig on August 08, 2005, 03:31:31 pm
SGH...you said you just got off the phone with a source and now you are saying that as of Sunday....get your story right.

Go HOGS

It is right, just because i talked to my source today doesn't mean they didn't get their information on Sunday. 

hogtusk

My prediction, the 2 remaining Springdale 5 will announce Wednesday for Arkansas. Plus one of the Springdale 5 that committed to Florida will change and announce for Arkansas.( Heard it through the Grapevine)
Life is full of uncertainty, but I could be wrong about that.

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

Hogz87

What's the over/under on the amount of threads that will be started talking about the exact same thing the second Mustain announces?

NDFAN81

Congrats gentlemen, news from up here on the bend is we are taking demetrius jones dual threat QB from chicago. Charlie doesn't want to piss off frazer. Someone close to the Notre Dame program tells us that Mitch is going to be a razorback on Wed.

This kid could be a huge difference maker in hogg country.

The Coletrain

Music to my ears, NDFan81.   ;D ;D ;D

And congrats to you boys on the pick-up from Chicago.  That gives you two top QBs in this next class.  Weiss will have ND in the top 25 again this season - regardless of schedule.
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

Cresthog

Quote from: NDFAN81 on August 08, 2005, 06:47:07 pm
Congrats gentlemen, news from up here on the bend is we are taking demetrius jones dual threat QB from chicago. Charlie doesn't want to piss off frazer. Someone close to the Notre Dame program tells us that Mitch is going to be a razorback on Wed.

This kid could be a huge difference maker in hogg country.

I sure hope you are right...We need this kid

kennyr71

Bacon,

That has got to be the funiest post I have read in a long time, I thought I was going to bust a gut.

This is my first post, but I had to let you know, I loved it man :D