Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any truth to the Rumor that Mustain is in South Bend this weekend?

Started by JZ22, August 06, 2005, 01:35:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JZ22

Was hoping someone could either dispell or confirm this rumor because it seems to be making the rounds on message boards.

Joe-T

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

DOGALUM

As we speak...Mitch Mustain is in Springdale, AR.    I repeat....he is not in South Bend.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

CorningHog

Thank you DogAlum!

I hope Mitch gets this over with next week and hopefully on Monday!

Great news would be seeing him on ESPN wearing a Hog Hat and talking about the Hogs and why he chose them!

Andrew Norman could be sitting by him and wearing one too!  Go ahead boys!  Call those HOGS!

GO HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: DOGALUM on August 06, 2005, 02:00:36 pm
As we speak...Mitch Mustain is in Springdale, AR. I repeat....he is not in South Bend.

did you see him, or are you going off of what someone else said?
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

DOGALUM

Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on August 06, 2005, 03:55:48 pm
As we speak...Mitch Mustain is in Springdale, AR. I repeat....he is not in South Bend.

did you see him, or are you going off of what someone else said?
Talked to him. 

CorningHog

What'd he say DogAlum?  Any new news for us starving fans!?
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

xkyrie

He's going to go to Florida to play ball, so don't sweat it.

DOGALUM

Actually didn't talk football with him.   Sorry.  I'm sure that's the last thing he wants to do.  Wouldn't try to put him on the spot anyway.  Let's all stay tuned. ;)

Bomis Hawg

I'll believe him going to Miami, Notre Dame, or Florida when I see it.  Still have that deep hunch he'll be calling the Hogs on ESPNEWS. 

Some say if he was a Hog he would've done it by now.  But, if he does change favorites daily, then his favorite would probably have been Florida or Notre Dame -- and then thats where he'd go if he commited them.  Otherwise, no news yet is good news to me. 

pioneerhog

Bomis or Stewie you guys can probably answer this for me but wasn't it on into the season before Hillis commited to us, I was think that they was playing HS ball anyway, but I could be wrong.

Bomis Hawg

Hillis commited in early December of 2003.

12/15/2003, after looking instead of guesstimating.

pioneerhog

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on August 06, 2005, 04:36:52 pm
Hillis commited in early December of 2004.
Ok that is what I thought and still yet people are saying that if Mustain wanted to be a Hog like Hillis he would have commited early like Hillis. Hillis didn't commit this early and I would like to know how many of the past big name in-state guys have commited this early into the game.

JZ22

Still haven't heard good things concerning Mustain but atleast he is not in South Bend. Thanks for clearing that rumor up.

Bomis Hawg

Last year, McFadden and Cord Gray did.  The class before that, no one did.  Everyone was late in the football season.

pioneerhog

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on August 06, 2005, 04:50:21 pm
Last year, McFadden and Cord Gray did. The class before that, no one did. Everyone was late in the football season.
I know some years the top guys are going to be commiting early and some years they won't, that is just how it is. So just because Mustain hasn't commited this early doesn't mean he doesn't want to be a Hog, he could just be enjoying his summer with free vacations to several different towns and now that his summer is over and he is threw with the free vacations he could be getting ready to commit to us.

Ft.SmithHog

Thats great news.  If MM was going to ND, one would think he would have taken the trip with Webb.

fshog