Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

kyle hancock

Started by razorbacks1usa, August 06, 2005, 05:09:30 am

Previous topic - Next topic

razorbacks1usa

Expressing regret he signed a professional baseball contract just over a week ago with the Colorado Rockies, pitcher Kyle Hancock has left the Rockies ' minor league team in Casper, Wyo., and wants to play college baseball for the Arkansas Razorbacks.

Out of high school in Rowlett, Texas, Hancock signed with Arkansas but the pro contract, including a $460,000 signing bonus, he signed as a third-round draft choice currently voids his NCAA collegiate baseball eligibility though Hancock still has not played professionally. "I haven't received a check," Hancock, from his home Friday night in Rowlett, told Chris Cocoles of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette, "and I didn't throw an inning or even a pitch in a game. With the environment, I just wasn't happy there. We're trying to get some things straightened out with Arkansas and the NCAA and hopefully we can get something worked out."

Arkansas cannot comment on Hancock since he is deemed a professional athlete, but Hancock did say Arkansas has petitioned the NCAA on his behalf.

Regarding his brief stay with the Rockies' Pioneer League team at Casper, Hancock said, "I wasn't homesick or anything like that, but the team atmosphere wasn't there. It sucked out my desire to enjoy the game and I felt like I was playing the game for the wrong reasons. I wasn't there long, but I saw what I needed to see."

piggly wiggly

I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think the kid has a chance in Hades of ever playing baseball for the Hogs. 

razorbacks1usa

you are right i hope u r wrong to
kids make mistakes