Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most of the LT Walker rumors... (UofL lean)

Started by Big Papa Satan, August 04, 2005, 07:33:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Papa Satan

Are bullsh*t.  I've gotten to watch him the past two days in practice, one in pads, one without. 

This supposed rumor about him ballooning in weight is a sham.  And, this isn't coming from a source, from someone I know, or whatever some folks across the state have used when they've never once seen him play.  This is coming from my own two eyes, not from a single second hand source.  The only thing I've agreed with some who've talked about LT is that his attitude is poor.  I didn't see that this week.  He gave good effort.  You have to, to play for Wynne, otherwise you can hit the road or the bench.

Walker looks a little more physically defined that last fall.  As far as the weight goes, he looks the same.  He has a lineman's gut, but it's not hanging over his belt.  Looks like it did last season.  I only got to see him at right tackle today against the 1st team defense.  Walker did very well.

He did well on the conditioning runs.  Caught a kid yesterday and another today that should've smoked him.

The desire is there.  The conditioning is there.  And apparently, the work ethic looks to be there too.

hangfifty

Do they have any good receivers on his team...lol

DisplacedHogFan

Quote from: DR on August 04, 2005, 07:33:40 pm
Are bullsh*t. I've gotten to watch him the past two days in practice, one in pads, one without.

This supposed rumor about him ballooning in weight is a sham. And, this isn't coming from a source, from someone I know, or whatever some folks across the state have used when they've never once seen him play. This is coming from my own two eyes, not from a single second hand source. The only thing I've agreed with some who've talked about LT is that his attitude is poor. I didn't see that this week. He gave good effort. You have to, to play for Wynne, otherwise you can hit the road or the bench.

Walker looks a little more physically defined that last fall. As far as the weight goes, he looks the same. He has a lineman's gut, but it's not hanging over his belt. Looks like it did last season. I only got to see him at right tackle today against the 1st team defense. Walker did very well.

He did well on the conditioning runs. Caught a kid yesterday and another today that should've smoked him.

The desire is there. The conditioning is there. And apparently, the work ethic looks to be there too.

could be that getting dropped down to a 3 star prospect by Rivals has reignited a fire under this kids' arse. For his sake I hope so...

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: hangfifty on August 04, 2005, 07:43:07 pm

Ha, we don't even have recievers.  Three backs, two tight ends in the offense, with a QB and five linemen.  Only threw 21 passes last year, and still won state.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: DisplacedHogFan on August 04, 2005, 07:58:02 pmcould be that getting dropped down to a 3 star prospect by Rivals has reignited a fire under this kids' arse. For his sake I hope so...

Something has, I think.

The more I read on Rivals, the more I think that a lot of their writers don't know half as much as they think they do.

pioneerhog

Quote from: DR on August 04, 2005, 08:21:20 pm

Ha, we don't even have recievers. Three backs, two tight ends in the offense, with a QB and five linemen. Only threw 21 passes last year, and still won state.
I think you guys threw one pass against us last year and it went for a TD and that was because it was a total suprise and no oneeven dreamed a pass from Wynne, I think everyone was  on the line. When Wynne has a good reciever they will have a different coach.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: pioneerhog on August 04, 2005, 09:28:11 pm
I think you guys threw one pass against us last year and it went for a TD and that was because it was a total suprise and no oneeven dreamed a pass from Wynne, I think everyone was on the line. When Wynne has a good reciever they will have a different coach.

Yeah, that was on that eleven-minute, fifteen play, 88 yard drive in the second quarter where half of it was the touchdown pass.

It was a thing of beauty, eclipsed only that season by our 25 play, 99 yard drive with a 23 yard touchdown pass with twelve seconds left in the second quarter against Vilonia.  Took about ten minutes, also.

Best play I ever saw Walker do was his pick against Beebe.  They threw a shovel pass right into his arms at their 40, he goes lumbering down the field, only gets caught by the Beebe QB at the five and LT just obliterated him.  Fell down, but we scored a couple plays later.

pioneerbasketball

Quote from: DR on August 05, 2005, 12:00:01 am
I think you guys threw one pass against us last year and it went for a TD and that was because it was a total suprise and no oneeven dreamed a pass from Wynne, I think everyone was on the line. When Wynne has a good reciever they will have a different coach.

Yeah, that was on that eleven-minute, fifteen play, 88 yard drive in the second quarter where half of it was the touchdown pass.

It was a thing of beauty, eclipsed only that season by our 25 play, 99 yard drive with a 23 yard touchdown pass with twelve seconds left in the second quarter against Vilonia. Took about ten minutes, also.

You remember this because...?

Big Papa Satan

Foots

Quote from: DR on August 04, 2005, 08:21:20 pm

Ha, we don't even have recievers. Three backs, two tight ends in the offense, with a QB and five linemen. Only threw 21 passes last year, and still won state.

I was a 97 graduate of Wynne and that is the exact reason I never played football. I was 6'5" 175 in high school so I knew the only action I would have seen was being the TE that ran the play in every other down.

pgmhawg

i was also a '97 grad of wynne. it is amazing how we win running the same play everytime. trap left, trap right. but being a running back i loved it

CorningHog

I heard too last night that LT was doing good.  My good friends who have a great source said that LT was working hard.

I had heard he was up to 309 at the Ole Miss camp and was putting on a little too much, but then heard later that he lost nearly 20 lbs and was just a little bigger than the 265 or so he weighed last year.

I hope he works very hard and has a great year!

Heard that Wynne has two Juniors that are highly thought of.  One is considered the top LB in the nation?  Sorry, I don't know the source or where this was heard as far as info.

GO HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

arkhogdog61

SI said he's the jr to watch in the south the LB that is.
IF YOU CAN"T RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS STAY ON THE PORCH!

Oklahawg

LT's deal was tethered to him telling the UA coaches he'd be at the June camp and not showing. Then, he said he'd be at the Senior's Camp in July...and not showing. Dropped like a bad habit. If he wants back in with UA he'll have to let them know.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

J Man

Quote from: Oklahawg on August 05, 2005, 10:48:47 pm
LT's deal was tethered to him telling the UA coaches he'd be at the June camp and not showing. Then, he said he'd be at the Senior's Camp in July...and not showing. Dropped like a bad habit. If he wants back in with UA he'll have to let them know.

Hopefully we are all adults, and people make mistakes.   I hope LT gets everything in order, and is able to work something out with the Hogs.

rricha

razordog

The HOGS offered him a scholarship... So whatever they say is a load of crap... They say they didn't offer it because he has said that he is going to USC just another spin by HDN and staff. Hear it all the time up here in NWA.

Oklahawg

Razordog, here's the story for you. LT was offered early. He told the staff he'd be at the June camp and then didn't show. He said he'd be at the Seniors Camp last month and didn't show. The staff contacted his HS coach who said he had not been doing the summer workout that the UA staff recommended. Dropped by Midnight Friday of the Seniors Camp.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

J Man

Quote from: HoopHog on August 07, 2005, 05:01:06 pm
Quote from: Oklahawg on August 06, 2005, 11:19:12 pm
Razordog, here's the story for you. LT was offered early. He told the staff he'd be at the June camp and then didn't show. He said he'd be at the Seniors Camp last month and didn't show. The staff contacted his HS coach who said he had not been doing the summer workout that the UA staff recommended. Dropped by Midnight Friday of the Seniors Camp.

This one is confusing the hell out of me. Dudley has reported that the offer is stills tanding for L.T. but Otis responded to the question on Hawg Sports with the message that this scholarship has been recinded. Two otehr rivals team boards have quotes from L.T. saying that Arkansas is still within his top 5. I just need to call Wynne and interview L.T. myself!

Otis does not know everything.

Big Papa Satan

Often times, Otis doesn't know much of anything.

Jim Harris

Quote from: rricha on August 06, 2005, 10:55:14 am
It's the hogs loss

well, you've been there Richard, what are Nutt and staff to do on this if the kid keeps blowing them off? He apparently doesn't want to be a part of the Hogs?
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

CorningHog

I am not sure you all have the "Correct" info on LT.

Some bits of it are right and others are over dramatized!

LT from what people I talk to who should know, say he still has an offer.  He has worked extremely hard at practice and has gotten some praise from Coach Campbell for his efforts.  He is said to be winning some wind sprints with his group.  He has lost some weight and is under 300 for sure.  Doing very well and as far as his Top 5 and who he likes, I haven't heard anything on that.

But, Arkansas and the coaches, at least one, Danny, says he still has an offer to come be a Hog!

Hopefully he wants to and has a great Senior year!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

The Coletrain

I'm still all for signing this guy if he's going to be dedicated and willing to subscribe and buy into Herring's way of doing things.  Talent can get you only so far, but otherwise, it's a waste of time.  But I do believe he has the talent and can be one of those guys we don't see in Arkansas very often on the DL.  But hearing that he did not make the attempt to get to either of the camps is a little concerning.  And that's probably the lone sticking point - how bad does he want to be a Razorback.  I think if he commits and buys into what's going to be demanded of him physically he's got a chance to be a good one. 
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: CorningHog on August 08, 2005, 12:07:05 pmLT from what people I talk to who should know, say he still has an offer.  He has worked extremely hard at practice and has gotten some praise from Coach Campbell for his efforts.  He is said to be winning some wind sprints with his group.  He has lost some weight and is under 300 for sure.

All correct.  I caught a practice today.  Walker is indeed winning sprints, he was smoking boys today that should've done that to him.  The morale and mentality of the team is high, and that includes LT.  He doesn't look a bit like the player some have made him out to be.

I don't know who or what did it, but something has lit a fire under his ass.

rricha

What does  a camp have to do with anything are these camps free.  What happened to the days when you earned your ship on Friday nights not at seniors camp.

GorillaJMonsoon

August 09, 2005, 02:02:47 pm #25 Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 08:29:41 am by GorillaJMonsoon

Jim Harris

Quote from: rricha on August 09, 2005, 06:01:09 am
What does a camp have to do with anything are these camps free. What happened to the days when you earned your ship on Friday nights not at seniors camp.

I don't know how many are noticing now but many of these blue chips are going to be committed this year before the Friday nights start. It's a different day from when we were in high school, Doughnut. I don't even remember any senior camps or coaches camps, except for basketball.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

rricha

can the boy pay for camp or is it free he may be po

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

rricha

thats good  i don't want to camp i got to work

tophawg19

arkansas has a lot of good young d- lineman and that may be a problem with him as well . we need him if for no other reason than to help with the player next year from there a lb . but if he doesn't want to be a hog so be it .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Biggus Piggus

They want them in camp so they can get good evaluations and side-by-side comparisons.  If a kid has a lot of options, I don't know why he would attend such a camp.  If a kid isn't in shape and needs football season to get in shape, probably ought to duck the camp.
[CENSORED]!