Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

if we get mitch mustain

Started by mccurdy, August 04, 2005, 09:15:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mccurdy

i know some people are getting tired of hearing about him but personaly i have a hard time thinking about anything else. i was wondering if we get mitch mustain, how good do yall think we will be the four years that he plays, please excuse my grammer, and thanks ahead of time

CarolinaHog1176

I think that he could change the face of razorback football for many years to come.  we've been a primarily run-first team mostly becuase we didn't have the weapons at the skill positions or the OL that could pass protect, but with a high profile QB comes all of those things.  high school recruits who played in pro-style offenses want to go to school where they pass the ball and more importantly, have a QB on the roster who can get them the ball.  I think that HDN and his staff have the knowledge to run a more pro-style offense, but like I said, in order to give ourselves a chance to win, we've resorted to running the ball 80% of the time.  that will all change when MM commits (when/if)
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Boared

I'm going to say this with no disrespect towards the current QB's here (and I hope that I'm pleasantly surprised this season so that one of them makes me eat my words): Mustain can take the program to the long-desired "next level." Not only in terms of his performance and leadership (from what I've read), but in terms of recruiting (the best want to play with the best), and firing up even more an already rabid fan base who thinks its glory days were in the SWC. If he has success here, Arkansas can develop a truly nationwide recruiting program as everyone wants to be part of an exciting offense.

Bomis Hawg

Mustain has a very rare talent, in my view.  After watching the Evangel game, and seeing some video clips from that game, the kid has an arm with wheels if needed.  Granted, that's the only game I have saw, but Evangel is Evangel and doing that against them impressed me.  The long run he had a for a touchdown (on a QB draw) was impressed -- leaving behind some fast DBs.

I like Robert Johnson and hope he shines this year.  Also, I like Cole and Alex for different reasons to what they bring.  But, Mitch could excel with a little of what all of them have.  Arm, Accuracy, and speed.  He's no Johnson, but he's probably more mobility than Mort and Barthel.

If he commits, you might see Arkansas shoot up on the list of OL Andre Smith from just in his last dozen to a top 3 or something.  But, let the kid make the decision.  Unnecessary pressure is uncalled for.  Let him make it, and we'll all hear it when he does it.

SonOfMud

I think the Hogs will turn into a national contender, be undefeated during his time on the Hill.  That he will personally be responsible turning the Hogs into a dynasty, with the top talent in the nation coming here to play with him.  After leaving he will have broken all NCAA records set for a QB, and break the rushing records in the SEC.  And then he will go onto the NFL where he will break all the QB records ever set, becoming the only player inducted into the Hall of Fame while still playing because he is such a superb player.  Wow.
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

Boared