Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Predictions . . .

Started by The Coletrain, August 02, 2005, 06:36:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Coletrain

. . . on who's the next recruit to commit to the gridiron Hogs.  I'm looking at Wilkins, Lemons, and Williams from TX, Brown from LA, Norwood from GA, or our own Mustain, Williams, or Stumon?  Am I missing someone or is this pretty much the eight that are in position to make the next move and become #5 on the commitment list?  Not that this post has much of any value other than pure entertainment or a place to dump inside info, but I'm going to go on a hunch and say (or maybe pray) it's MM to the rescue.  Should that happen we could be maxed out in less than a month.  We can only hope.
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

dotnet

I think if MM was the next person to commit, we would have at least five more commitments within the next week.

Bomis Hawg

Torian Wilkins, Damian Williams, or Norwood. 

I'd LOVE to see the next three commits, in lets say a 5-day period, of Mustain, Reshad Jones, and Damian Williams. ;D  But, I am greedy -- way too early to gauge some of the big name guys.

sowmonella

Predictions.....OK. I predict the #1 QB in the country will be a Hog on 8-5-05. The best class we have ever had will follow close behind. I have read the tea leaves, flipped a coin and got a gut feeling on this one. I'll post a "I told you so" when it happens.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

leavenworth1

Just a thought, but is anything to be concerned about that as of now, we have the lowest number of commitments in the SEC, except for Kentucky?  I would hope for better than that, even considering the number of schollies we have.  Any thoughts?

Scott O.

Quote from: leavenworth1 on August 02, 2005, 07:58:20 pm
Just a thought, but is anything to be concerned about that as of now, we have the lowest number of commitments in the SEC, except for Kentucky? I would hope for better than that, even considering the number of schollies we have. Any thoughts?

I would also bet we have the fewest amount of scholarships to give out.  We're only going to sign about 17 or 18 this year.  There's no need to worry.  We're 6 months away from signing day!  We could have 0 and it would mean nothing.

The Coletrain

While I'd love to see us sign 17-18 we may only get 13-15 depending on how many kids we lose in the off-season.  Much has been made of how judicious we are being with our offers and I think that's why we have so few commitments at this point.  The staff knows what the signing of Mustain could do, so I think they're playing it pretty close to the vest until we can get his commitment and then approach some normally out-of-range kids about coming to Arkansas.  But I'm not worried at all about our numbers right now.  There's a ton of talent still to be had in the coming months.

tophawg19

lemmons [sp] may be very close to committing
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

The Coletrain

I'd love to land Orie Lemon - he's a freakin' unbelievable athlete from what I've heard.  But I hope he's okay not playing QB.  That would be the only reason why I think he might delay signing - trying to prove in the early portion of the season that he CAN play QB at the major college level.  But from what I've read and seen he could be a monster at OLB for us.  One of those athletes we just don't get every year.  We'll see.  Any inside source on that or just a hunch?

The Coletrain

I see on Rivals where we lead for Brian Duncan (LB).  He's got good size and is ranked around 28th or so in the state of LA.  It seems we've got several kids from LA looking at us pretty favorably.  Does anyone know if we've officially offered him yet?

tophawg19

a friend in houston . but that may or may not be correct . we need some players out of louisanna that area has been good to us in the past . i think lemmons is friends with tyrell graham . that may help as well . those two at LB would be something to see .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

jabohog

What about Van Stuman? Last I seen he only had offers from Purdue and UofA but talked like he was really interested in LSU. He may be one of the best in state defensive recruits, but you don't hear allot about him because of the S5.

Oklahawg

I remain excited about the level of sophistication shown by the early commits (5, now). It shows real "roll up the sleeves and get at it" recruiting by the staff. Its not a bunch of hype they buy from Emfinger (ala Texas) or others. They are proceeding cautiously and methodically. They, like the rest of us, are waiting on 3 more announcements from Springdale. Really, they are waiting on only one, knowing that getting a commit there will take care of the offensive recruiting for this year.

I'd like to see where the story goes regarding the recruitment of Cleveland and Webb.

We will get another class like 2004--solid top to bottom, but not necessarily filled with nationally-known studs.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Cresthog

5 now??? Can u tell me the 5th commits name please Oklahawg.....???

Cresthog

wait....nevermind...i found out who it is.

mccurdy

return2glory

When will the 5th recruit be available to us poor kids who can't afford access to the rivals network?

HogNuttz

Quote from: sowmonella on August 02, 2005, 07:02:33 pm
Predictions.....OK. I predict the #1 QB in the country will be a Hog on 8-5-05. The best class we have ever had will follow close behind. I have read the tea leaves, flipped a coin and got a gut feeling on this one. I'll post a "I told you so" when it happens.

Too bad the #1 QB has commited to Georiga.

http://www.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=29228&Sport=1
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

Bomis Hawg

He did say the #1 QB at that time, I'm guessing.  Why be picky. ;)  I think we will settle with who is #2 on the QB list now.

The Coletrain

Quote from: return2glory on August 03, 2005, 08:49:00 am

When will the 5th recruit be available to us poor kids who can't afford access to the rivals network?

Can anyone spare a little change for us poor bastadges yearning for knowledge but without the resources to obtain the information??  Your help will be much appreciated.  (Picture that in your best South Boston accent)

HogNuttz

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on August 03, 2005, 10:53:06 am
He did say the #1 QB at that time, I'm guessing. Why be picky. ;) I think we will settle with who is #2 on the QB list now.

That time was yesterday, and no...he was #2
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

HOGKING

Quote from: HogNuttz on August 03, 2005, 10:49:13 am
Quote from: sowmonella on August 02, 2005, 07:02:33 pm

Too bad the #1 QB has commited to Georiga.

http://www.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=29228&Sport=1

of course they dropped him to 2 theirs no way they'll have the number 1 QB going to Arkansas