Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mustain eliminates texas?

Started by PlanoGuy, July 29, 2005, 09:32:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PlanoGuy

This morning on a radio show, whorn recruiting expert Geoff Ketchum announced that Mustain had eliminated texas from consideration.

Anyone else hear anything about this?

SonOfMud

Yes, as is mentioned in numerous posts below.  Read more, post less.
"They were like brothers to me, and when I say 'brother', I don't mean like a literal brother.  I mean it the way black people use it, which is more meaningful, I think."

PlanoGuy

I don't see it anywhere that Mustain has officially eliminated the whorns.  It's been rumored that he did and then put them back in when they didn't take the Hinds transfer, but for their recruiting expert to make this statement on the radio is big news, IMO.

TX HOG

That's true, it has been purely speculation, and still is.  Until it comes from the mouth of Mitch I'm not going to believe it 100%.  Still I like the possibility of it being true.

Pa-Paw

They are going nuts (little pun there) over on Orange Bloods. It looks like it's down to The Hogs and the Domers. Things are looking very good unless Arkansas really bungles this thing. Stay positive.

TX HOG

ND already has a commitment from the #3 pro-style QB in the nation.

TX HOG

If you look at his list on Rivals 100, he list Arkansas, Miami, and ND as his favorites.  Yes, it's free information, for those who care.

old timer

Didnt Pat Devlin from Pennsylvania commit to Miami earlier this year?

TX HOG

Yes, he's the #5 pro-style QB and ND has a commitment from the #3 pro-style QB, which I can only hope leaves Arkansas the only one to not get a commitment from a top QB this year.

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: old timer on August 02, 2005, 09:36:19 am
Didnt Pat Devlin from Pennsylvania commit to Miami earlier this year?

yea, and hopefully Fayson will commit to Miami as well.... that'd give them 2 QB's and would eliminate them from contention for MM
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

old timer

Why would Mitch want to have that kind of competition in his class (06)  ?   He obviously wouldn't.  All the attention has to be intoxicating right now and he probably isn't quite ready to give it up.  He knows where he is going.

TX HOG

We can only hope he feels this way.

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: HoopHog on August 02, 2005, 10:23:27 am
I think guys of MM's caliber want to compete against the best, only to make themselves better.  At the same time, these guys DO want quality playing time.  Well, in a league like the SEC, if you don't compete against the best in practice -- as you work for a starting spot, you will definitely face them on game day -- every game day!

you're exactly right on that hoop...  yea, it would be great to go practice everyday with the QB's that a USC and Miami have, but you probably wouldn't  get to be a starter until your senior year.  arkansas on the other hand is more of a "hands on" approach to learning ;)  we'll give you a little bit to adjust to the speed of the college game, but then you'll pretty much get as much PT as you want
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Mr A Ziffell

Quote from: SonOfMud on July 29, 2005, 09:36:47 am
Yes, as is mentioned in numerous posts below. Read more, post less.

If he posted less he wouldn't be a member... ???

Swino

Quote from: SonOfMud on August 02, 2005, 02:33:15 pm
Quote from: Mr A Ziffell on August 02, 2005, 01:30:46 pm
Quote from: SonOfMud on July 29, 2005, 09:36:47 am
Yes, as is mentioned in numerous posts below. Read more, post less.

If he posted less he wouldn't be a member... ???

Not sure if that would be a bad thing.

Take it easy on the guy fella's.  Everybody is new to the board at some point.  Help him find the answers he needs, don't be a jackass.

ledhead830

Mustain is now the rivals' No. 2 QB prospect in the nation behind Georgia's commit.
Walk on through the wind. Walk on through the rain.
Though your dreams be tossed and blown,
Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart,
And you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.

JackJohnson

Quote from: ledhead830 on August 02, 2005, 02:54:54 pm
Mustain is now the rivals' No. 2 QB prospect in the nation behind Georgia's commit.

Really?  I had checked about around noon and he was still number 1.  Stafford really tore it up at the camp, which would be the reason for the change.  Of course, Mustain basically had a dead arm after the hoover camp...

ledhead830

yeah, the new August Rivals 100 came out today and Stafford had jumped mustain and into the top ten overall.  Mustain is still the No. 13 prospect overall.
Walk on through the wind. Walk on through the rain.
Though your dreams be tossed and blown,