Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Georgia Safety Looking At Arkansas.

Started by Bomis Hawg, July 28, 2005, 04:59:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bomis Hawg

Reshard Jones -- Rivals Bio

Arkansas is looking for the NFL-caliber Safety to be the man to take over the defense.  Gone are the guys like Steve Atwater, Kennoy Kennedy, and Ken Hamlin.  The Hogs are in a race for Booker T. Washington (Atlanta, GA.) High School Safety Reshad Jones.  Arkansas is starting to pipeline into Georgia.  Two years, Arkansas landed Ernest Mitchell and Alex Mortensen and nearly nabbed Notre Dame signee Darius Walker.  Last year, from Booker T. High School, Arkansas nabbed Michael Bibbs and nearly got OU signee Duke Robinson. 

Reshard is the #21 overall recruit per rivals, #2 Safety.  He's the #2 in the Georgia Preseason Top 75.  the 6'1" 173 pound (4.6 40) Safety is high on the Hogs and the Hurricanes, with Auburn, Clemson, Florida, and others along the way for this guys signature.

AJC Article About Jones

Nothing major in that article, which should require you to sign up to read it.  It mentions that his HS coach said he was the best player he has ever coached.  And, he is academically qualified, so let's hope the Hogs can land this guy!

bigred7987

lol sum1 didnt get the memoon posting rivals copywrited naterial

Bomis Hawg

This isn't copyrighted material.  It's from his bio and the AJC.  But, I do detect sarcarsm. ;D

tophawg19

6'1 173 & a 4.6 40 . that is kinda light and slow for a top safety .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Bomis Hawg

In the AJC article, it says he runs a 4.4.  Hamlin was a 4.6 guy, I think.

CarolinaHog1176

from his rivals profile, he's got miami listed high and everybody else at medium if that means anything.... we have had a lot of success with having great safeties though...  we'll see what happens! 
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

tophawg19

hamlin was a  low 4.5 according to a seahawk report . also well above 173 lbs .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Bomis Hawg

I'm talking about pre-college/NFL days.  I'd probably be willing to bet that he ran near a 4.6 and possibly 180-185 range.

Kilgor

Miami has a pretty good record of putting safeties into the NFL as well......
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Anti-OtisII

July 28, 2005, 09:36:32 pm #9 Last Edit: July 28, 2005, 09:40:57 pm by Anti-OtisII
Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on July 28, 2005, 06:55:58 pm
from his rivals profile, he's got miami listed high and everybody else at medium if that means anything

That's the copyrighted material for subscribers only.....but thanks for the info.  Of course it's not too hard to figure out for the scientific rocket types (sorry Grit, but this leaves you out).  Notice that Miami is at the top of the list and the remaining schools are listed in alphabetical order.  That means that Miami has the highest interest by Mr. Jones and all of the others schools are at a lower interest level by him.

CarolinaHog1176

Quote from: Anti-OtisII on July 28, 2005, 09:36:32 pm
That's the copyrighted material for subscribers only.....

what?  I went to rivals website, I clicked on his "list" and it popped up.... I'm not a paying member
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: CarolinaHog1176 on July 28, 2005, 10:08:24 pm
Quote from: Anti-OtisII on July 28, 2005, 09:36:32 pm
That's the copyrighted material for subscribers only.....

what? I went to rivals website, I clicked on his "list" and it popped up.... I'm not a paying member

I would suspect that you signed up for their 7 day free trial.  That information is blocked out when I visit the website and is for "Ultimate Ticket Members" only.

Bomis Hawg

The level of interest of the prospect is for free.  Once you find the name, click on LIST.  It gives you a list of teams and interest level.  It's free 'o charge, AOII.  Now, the rest of the information, you have to pay for.

Anti-OtisII

I see what you mean.  I had actually used the link in your original post that went to the web page for Jones' Bio.  On that page the level of interest is covered up by the box that indicates you have to be a Ultimate Ticket Member subscriber.  But as you say if you just look him up by name, the school "list" box pops up with the level of interest.  That is one stupid website.  Of course, I'm not much better.  ;D

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: Anti-OtisII on July 28, 2005, 10:30:16 pm
I see what you mean.  I had actually used the link in your original post that went to the web page for Jones' Bio.  On that page the level of interest is covered up by the box that indicates you have to be a Ultimate Ticket Member subscriber.  But as you say if you just look him up by name, the school "list" box pops up with the level of interest.  That is one stupid website.  Of course, I'm not much better. ;D

Totally agree.

You have to understand how to work their system.  As you did say, you can figure it out the teams and level of interest per just the names.  Sometimes, they make it much harder than it needs to be!

Oklahawg

Jones camped at UA in June. That is huge. Someone around here thought he might be softening his love for Miami. I suspect that its an uphill battle. I also suspect we'll save a scholie until the bitter end for him.

If the season ends and he's uncommitted AND we get a visit, I give us a one in three chance, which is real good.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

FootballFanatic

I know Reshad personally..I can talk to him and find out who he is leaning towards. I will post on here when I find out.

Bomis Hawg

Good stuff, FF.  Too bad you can't give him an Arkansas hat to wear around campus. ;D

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on July 29, 2005, 12:38:57 am
Good stuff, FF. Too bad you can't give him an Arkansas hat to wear around campus. ;D

Maybe a ";)  ;)" would have been better than a  ;D

Wouldn't it be alright for FF to give him a hat if he had never contributed to the RF or anything else associated for Razorback athletics and was just a regular fan of the Razorbacks?  I thought that I had read that in another post earlier, but I sure wouldn't want us to get in trouble.  I could probably use a little more education in the do's and don'ts of recruiting.  Maybe Phil Fulmer could teach a seminar.  He sure seems to be an expert (or at least NCAA untouchable).

Hawgbrew

I thought Kevin Thornton was the next good safety? 

Swino

Oklahawg

You could boost your post count by listing the entire safety depth chart, one by one, and label them the "next big thing".

Yes, Thorton is thought of as an impact safety. You want at least one per class. When we got seven, you can get just one for a couple of years and be okay.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

CorningHog

I can't wait to see Thornton in the Razorback uniform.  plus the guy who was hurt.  Robinson I think.  He sounds like a great Defensive player!

GO HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

Bomis Hawg

I swore myself up and down it WAS Rashad.  I guess I talked my typo into truth.  Oh, well, my appologies to the next Hog? ;D

Porkahontas

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on July 31, 2005, 01:49:54 am
I swore myself up and down it WAS Rashad. I guess I talked my typo into truth. Oh, well, my appologies to the next Hog? ;D

I think that heat might still be affectin' ya, Boom.

At least you didn't spell it "Rashaam" or "Rasheed".