Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So Bret, I'm Assuming Hog Fans Are Now "Outsiders"?

Started by Vantage 8 dude, November 05, 2017, 11:47:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

FANONTHEHILL

We are all "outsiders".  It's a simple fact.  I ask my son questions all the time about practice, game plan, who's hurt, etc.  Part of the time he can answer and part of the time he tells me that something is "in house" or "not for you to know".  I have to accept that because I, like everyone else, am not part of the program.  I am an outsider.

Don't think that I'm making excuses or that I am at all pleased with the way things are going, I am not.  But this quote from Bielema has been taken out of context and changed to make it much more inflammatory than it actually is. 
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 06, 2017, 01:49:41 pm
We are all "outsiders".  It's a simple fact.  I ask my son questions all the time about practice, game plan, who's hurt, etc.  Part of the time he can answer and part of the time he tells me that something is "in house" or "not for you to know".  I have to accept that because I, like everyone else, am not part of the program.  I am an outsider.

Don't think that I'm making excuses or that I am at all pleased with the way things are going, I am not.  But this quote from Bielema has been taken out of context and changed to make it much more inflammatory than it actually is.
Well said. I just trust that CBB will be aware of why many of the "outsiders" feel as they do. More importantly, that he actually does something about it.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: FANONTHEHILL on November 06, 2017, 01:49:41 pm

Pros and cons.  Isn't that how most educated decisions are made?  Usually, when I do that, I always tend to weight one thing higher than others, so sometimes it's an exercise in futility. 

I think the cons of not going to the games outweighs the pros on the whole.  We potentially look bad to recruits who think, "OK, so if I go there, and the new coach isn't successful right away, does that mean no fans will be in the stands for the three years it may take to right the ship?  Or...will they come to support us while we work to improve?" 

I think it also casts doubts to potential coaches who think we're radical, and that we're willing to go to extremes as fans when things don't go right.  "What about injuries?  What about a few years where some other teams have Cam Newton type players, and we don't?  Are the fans going to turn on me on a dime?"

I guess the Pros are that maybe you get action faster.  However, in this instance the bad is so evident, that I'm not sure an empty stadium is really required.  I am in the camp that we're probably not going to win another game, and there's a good chance we won't even be competitive.  We'll still continue to have some injuries along the way, and other than AA possibly coming back, I don't see us having anyone come back.  So...that doesn't bode well for any miraculous turnarounds where the "lights come on" and we look like a different team.

Sadly...I'm not sure we have a defender on the field who could beat Fitzgerald in a 50 yard race.  That's scary.   

I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

GuvHog

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 05, 2017, 07:21:52 pm
Sorry, I obviously missed that one. Then again, I rarely listen to CB on anything.

You didn't miss it because he didn't say it. Some people just weren't smart enough to comprehend what he actually said.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: GuvHog on November 06, 2017, 02:35:06 pm
You didn't miss it because he didn't say it. Some people just weren't smart enough to comprehend what he actually said.
Well now you really have me curious. What did he actually say?

The OTR

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 06, 2017, 01:46:06 pm
Well one can make a personal determination as to whether or not I've been "beaten down". I suppose it depends on whether or not you happen to agree with my original post. Some have obviously disagreed, others have actually thought I was pretty much "spot on". However, in the end that doesn't matter in the least. 'Cause I try to actually say something of substance when I do originate a post. I'm most certainly not afraid of others not necessarily agreeing. They most certainly have their right to think differently, and many certainly do. And I'm fine with that. And yes, perhaps at times I do come off as being defensive; however, I'd prefer to describe it as very firm in my beliefs. I was brought up to form my beliefs based on how I interpret the FACTS of a situation; and once I do I'm to defend those ideals until/unless I'm proven wrong. And yes, I AM wrong from time to time. At least I'm willing to very publicly admit that.

As far as my starting threads-well again, I'll let others decide that. I would suspect that would usually be within the purview of the mods. IF they don't think the subject matter needs to either be brought up to begin with and/or appropriate then they'll very likely put it into "trash". A LOT of posts from a lot of HV members have found their way into that black hole. So until YOU become a moderator, God forbid that moment, how about stopping being the judge and jury as to whether I have the right or place to originate something on this site? And yes, I'll do my best to do the same.

BTW if you truly believe that many of your various inane posts are all most of us have to discuss on here then we're in far bigger trouble than I've ever dreamt. Then again I've obviously given our readers and members for more credit for their intelligence and seriousness than you. I'm convinced they have a far greater intellectual capacity and deeper fan appreciation than merely fashion, eating, and weather reports.

I'm not going to say anything else to make you even huffier.  If you want to apologize - fine. If not that's okay, too.

Today is a good day for Razorback football and Razorback sports in general.  Let's not ruin it by arguing around any more. 

GolfnHog

Quote from: BrockndaRock on November 05, 2017, 12:30:48 pm
Go back and re-watch the question. He clearly states those in the locker room are the insiders. Bo doesn't help by calling us "outsiders" in the question though...

Well, Bo doesn't really help anything other than his own self interests but that's another story.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on November 06, 2017, 03:47:57 pm
I'm not going to say anything else to make you even huffier.  If you want to apologize - fine. If not that's okay, too.

Today is a good day for Razorback football and Razorback sports in general.  Let's not ruin it by arguing around any more.
As always you skirt the issue as far as a majority of your posts. Then again, I suspect you always look "precious" in skirts. Perhaps that ought to be your next fashion topic. And any apologies I make are to HV readers in general cause I have absolutely nada to apologize to you.

The OTR

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 06, 2017, 04:18:19 pm
As always you skirt the issue as far as a majority of your posts. Then again, I suspect you always look "precious" in skirts. Perhaps that ought to be your next fashion topic. And any apologies I make are to HV readers in general cause I have absolutely nada to apologize to you.

Okay.   Again I would like to take the high road with you but you seem determined to argue.  I'm sure it's just frustration over the hogs or something else. 

You're a good guy, vantage, in spite of what others have said in this thread and in pm's To me about you maybe slipping over the edge over the last several weeks.  I still defend you as one of the good ones on here...a little sensitive and high strung but still in my personal top 50% of posters whose username begins with V. 

Let's shake hands and move forward. 

Vantage 8 dude

November 06, 2017, 05:13:05 pm #59 Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 05:27:41 pm by Vantage 8 dude
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on November 06, 2017, 04:45:35 pm
Okay.   Again I would like to take the high road with you but you seem determined to argue.  I'm sure it's just frustration over the hogs or something else. 

You're a good guy, vantage, in spite of what others have said in this thread and in pm's To me about you maybe slipping over the edge over the last several weeks.  I still defend you as one of the good ones on here...a little sensitive and high strung but still in my personal top 50% of posters whose username begins with V. 

Let's shake hands and move forward.
I'll be more than happy to shake hands and move forward. Never have wanted this to turn into any pissing contest. However, I would ask that to "clear the slate" that you encourage any who have allegedly sent p.m.s to you about me to direct them to me instead. If they have a problem with anything I post at least let 'em have the intestinal fortitude to contact me themselves. You don't need to be acting as a proxy.

urkillnmesmalls

This thing could end up at the Alma Sonic after all....   ;D  I had lost hope there for a minute when you guys kissed and made up and all.  Maybe one of those PM's could reopen this thing...blast it wide open.  Maybe that's what we need is a good dust up, and subsequent make up, to reunite Hogville from this "split" some claim we've got. 

I don't really see a split by the way.  Nothing we haven't seen before...but worse.  It's a spat at best.  I haven't seen a single post of anyone in the last three days suggesting BB needs another year after Saturday's debacle.  So...the only possible split I see is if old JL is worthy of keeping on board or not.  I suspect he's probably testing the waters right about now...maybe writing a few letters. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

The OTR

I don't want to share this with you but here goes:

"I think vantage is losing it.  He seems unstable.  What do you think?"

Now you know why I've been protecting you from all this stuff.  And I cleaned this up and didn't write everything that person said about stalking and so forth.  Again protecting you.

One guy really let you have it and I'm not going to share that with you.  I defended you for a while but quite frankly he made some really good points and I ended up agreeing with him about some of it.

I will continue to have your back.  Not going to let all the naysayers put you down because I don't dislike you at all.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on November 06, 2017, 06:29:44 pm

Now you know why I've been protecting you from all this stuff.  And I cleaned this up and didn't write everything that person said about stalking and so forth.  Again protecting you.

One guy really let you have it and I'm not going to share that with you.  I defended you for a while but quite frankly he made some really good points and I ended up agreeing with him about some of it.

I will continue to have your back.  Not going to let all the naysayers put you down because I don't dislike you at all.
Well gosh, thanks for saving me from all the "baddies". However, the last I checked you haven't officially been named a mod, although you've certainly campaigned hard for such. Therefore in the future should you receive in further mean old posts/comments I would sincerely appreciate your responding that you're no longer in the business of being a "father confessor'/grief counsellor or whatever. In other words, they have a beef, complaint, objection of whatever else with anything I post please direct them to the author. That should keep you out of it; and after all, that's what I assume you would want.

BR

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on November 06, 2017, 06:29:44 pm

about to set the hook
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

The OTR

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 06, 2017, 07:51:15 pm
Well gosh, thanks for saving me from all the "baddies". However, the last I checked you haven't officially been named a mod, although you've certainly campaigned hard for such. Therefore in the future should you receive in further mean old posts/comments I would sincerely appreciate your responding that you're no longer in the business of being a "father confessor'/grief counsellor or whatever. In other words, they have a beef, complaint, objection of whatever else with anything I post please direct them to the author. That should keep you out of it; and after all, that's what I assume you would want.

Well now I was expecting gratitude but ended up with more huffiness.

I'm going to let you get the last word because I have a feeling if I don't this may go on for the rest of your life because you seem about as steamed as a Maine lobster at the Broyles center in a Sunday after homecoming.

I am no longer going to defend you.  I just can't defend what you are doing anymore and for that I am sorry.

I wish you well in your endeavors here on hogville.  And I have no intention of furthering this conversation even though you seem intent on trying to pour gasoline on the embers while I am trying to douse the flames. 

Someone has to rise above the fray and I don't think it is going to be you so I will gracefully bow out if this.  Again no hard feelings and I am finished here.  I'm sorry I got mixed up in this thread and I apologize to the mods and members of this board who have watched me sink to this level.  New leaf and again my sincerest apologies.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on November 06, 2017, 08:18:42 pm
Well now I was expecting gratitude but ended up with more huffiness.

I'm going to let you get the last word because I have a feeling if I don't this may go on for the rest of your life because you seem about as steamed as a Maine lobster at the Broyles center in a Sunday after homecoming.

I am no longer going to defend you.  I just can't defend what you are doing anymore and for that I am sorry.

I wish you well in your endeavors here on hogville.  And I have no intention of furthering this conversation even though you seem intent on trying to pour gasoline on the embers while I am trying to douse the flames. 

Someone has to rise above the fray and I don't think it is going to be you so I will gracefully bow out if this.  Again no hard feelings and I am finished here.  I'm sorry I got mixed up in this thread and I apologize to the mods and members of this board who have watched me sink to this level.  New leaf and again my sincerest apologies.
No huffiness, just a strong suggestion of what you can do to relieve your mighty burden in the future. As I said, I have no further argument with you; however, while I appreciate your defense of me, I also won't kiss your backside because of it. Besides, if as you suggest, you're trying to calm down any "flames of disagreement" in the future my private pm interaction with anyone who has a problem would relieve the rest of the HV community of such future public discourse. And after all, I'm very sure that's what EVERYONE would more than prefer.  ;)

The OTR

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 06, 2017, 08:36:54 pm
No huffiness, just a strong suggestion of what you can do to relieve your mighty burden in the future. As I said, I have no further argument with you; however, while I appreciate your defense of me, I also won't kiss your backside because of it. Besides, if as you suggest, you're trying to calm down any "flames of disagreement" in the future my private pm interaction with anyone who has a problem would relieve the rest of the HV community of such future public discourse. And after all, I'm very sure that's what EVERYONE would more than prefer.  ;)

Okay.  Every time someone says something about you I'm going to blab it on here somewhere.

I'd prefer to handle things like Jeff long...with smokescreens mostly but also working with people behind the scenes to make the world a better place.

You are a stubborn cuss, that much I'll give you.  I respect that.  And no more behind the scenes problem solving for me when it comes to you.  I'm gonna let the whole world know when I'm saving your bacon.

longpig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 05, 2017, 11:47:18 am
Well Bret I'm delighted to see that Hog fans (not even counting media here) are apparently considered "outsiders" when it comes to the team and its performance. While I realize that those of whose who aren't actually playing or coaching are to a certain degree "outside" the program, if I'm reading your remarks correctly the fact that many of us very faithful and long time supporters of the program are understandably unhappy and even embarrassed at this team's performance both yesterday and the past several seasons now has us as apparent "enemies" of the program. Sorry, but that "dog ain't gonna hunt". The reason is simple: when it comes right down to it our butts in the seats, our contributions to the Razorback Foundation, our contributions to other athletic programs, as well as our purchase of Hog gear all ultimately pay for your very ample salary and other benefits. While I'm sure Jeff Long would likely disagree and say that it's the SEC tv deal and other financial arrangements that really pays the bills, that would be totally dismissing the very critical need for ANY successful program to still have wide spread fan support. And it should come as no shock or particular revelation that in this particular state where the MAIN athletic program IS the U of A, Fayetteville, this continued good will and support is even more critical.

So before you place blame on the negative nancy's-the negative "outside forces"- you really need to look closely in the mirror. You are not only during a massive disservice to your team and coaches, but to the heretofore loyal and supportive fans as well. For a man who so often places such high value on being #Uncommon that shouldn't be so hard. That is if that moniker actually means anything and isn't just more "smoke" you're blowing.
Learn to spell and use punctuation ffs!
Don't be scared, be smart.

The OTR

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on November 06, 2017, 09:02:49 pm
Okay.  Every time someone says something about you I'm going to blab it on here somewhere.

I'd prefer to handle things like Jeff long...with smokescreens mostly but also working with people behind the scenes to make the world a better place.

You are a stubborn cuss, that much I'll give you.  I respect that.  And no more behind the scenes problem solving for me when it comes to you.  I'm gonna let the whole world know when I'm saving your bacon.
And of course I can rely on your total honesty.....yeah, right. ;) :) 8)

Vantage 8 dude

Sourpuss

It pains me to see people at each other's throats on here.  Did the original post cross the line?  Yes. But all of you jackwagons pm PJ (some of which he forwarded to me to make a point) need to get a d@mn life! 

Vantage, man you need to man up here and apologize to Pillowhead Jackson.  You'll look classy and people will think better off you.  You have taken like a 5 year pr hit tonight. 

I know what I am asking is hard. He spit corn on my shirt a week and a half ago at a party of a mutual friend.  He's overbearing mostly but he's nailed you on a couple points.  Cut your losses and get loose from him and get your rep back. 

Pillowhead you need to accept his apology and agree to not forward any more material to further damage his already fractured person on here. 

Never thought I'd see the day.... geez

Puss out

The OTR

Quote from: Sourpuss on November 06, 2017, 10:34:13 pm
It pains me to see people at each other's throats on here.  Did the original post cross the line?  Yes. But all of you jackwagons pm PJ (some of which he forwarded to me to make a point) need to get a d@mn life! 

Vantage, man you need to man up here and apologize to Pillowhead Jackson.  You'll look classy and people will think better off you.  You have taken like a 5 year pr hit tonight. 

I know what I am asking is hard. He spit corn on my shirt a week and a half ago at a party of a mutual friend.  He's overbearing mostly but he's nailed you on a couple points.  Cut your losses and get loose from him and get your rep back. 

Pillowhead you need to accept his apology and agree to not forward any more material to further damage his already fractured person on here. 

Never thought I'd see the day.... geez

Puss out

I will be the bigger man and accept his apology. 

We both deserved this scolding. 

Sourpuss

See there, was that really that hard?  You have to leave a guy some room to walk it back down. Now have a little class and don't stroll around with a Cobb of corn in each fist like you did last week.  Be the bigger man and let him lick his wounds for a bit.  Both of you will be better for this. 
Puss out

Matt Burks

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 05, 2017, 11:47:18 am
Well Bret I'm delighted to see that Hog fans (not even counting media here) are apparently considered "outsiders" when it comes to the team and its performance. While I realize that those of whose who aren't actually playing or coaching are to a certain degree "outside" the program, if I'm reading your remarks correctly the fact that many of us very faithful and long time supporters of the program are understandably unhappy and even embarrassed at this team's performance both yesterday and the past several seasons now has us as apparent "enemies" of the program. Sorry, but that "dog ain't gonna hunt". The reason is simple: when it comes right down to it our butts in the seats, our contributions to the Razorback Foundation, our contributions to other athletic programs, as well as our purchase of Hog gear all ultimately pay for your very ample salary and other benefits. While I'm sure Jeff Long would likely disagree and say that it's the SEC tv deal and other financial arrangements that really pays the bills, that would be totally dismissing the very critical need for ANY successful program to still have wide spread fan support. And it should come as no shock or particular revelation that in this particular state where the MAIN athletic program IS the U of A, Fayetteville, this continued good will and support is even more critical.

So before you place blame on the negative nancy's-the negative "outside forces"- you really need to look closely in the mirror. You are not only during a massive disservice to your team and coaches, but to the heretofore loyal and supportive fans as well. For a man who so often places such high value on being #Uncommon that shouldn't be so hard. That is if that moniker actually means anything and isn't just more "smoke" you're blowing.