Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like Mike Leach

Started by HoggyCat, November 20, 2017, 02:17:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggyCat

is headed to Rocky Top. More and more talk about it.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Perennial 8-4 Team

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 20, 2017, 02:17:30 pm

Really? If so, I think UT could have done way better.

hobhog

Good! I enjoy watching him coach.

Just not at Arkansas.

Tortfeasor

He won't play well to the fans in Knoxville..

Hoggish1

Quote from: Tortfeasor on November 20, 2017, 02:19:55 pm

And that's why he's not going there.

rljjr

I will laugh if that happens to them. I will cry if it happens to us.

31to6

Quote from: Tortfeasor on November 20, 2017, 02:19:55 pm
Odds are good that most of his press conferences will be incomprehensible to them.

Maybe they will rally behind "Our coach is a genius" and just ignore the things he says that go over their heads.

greenie

Quote from: rljjr on November 20, 2017, 02:24:28 pm
I will laugh if that happens to them. I will cry if it happens to us.

ditto

The Hawg Marshal

Bubba's Bruisers

I never believe early "reports".
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

WilsonHog

I still think Leach lands at UCLA.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Perennial 8-4 Team on November 20, 2017, 02:18:43 pm
Really? If so, I think UT could have done way better.

We'll see.. If true, I think they did well... he'll win, maybe big..

Dominicanhog

Boardon Hamsay

The Vol talk about Leach is likely the equivalent of Hogville talk about (insert name here).
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

TOM "tbw1"

Knoxville is becoming a less desired location than Starkville.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

Next1_04

I don't see this being reported anywhere. Or even mentioned.

phadedhawg

Leach should stay exactly where he is.  When coaches leave Pullman for the greener pastures of the SEC, it has a way of going sideways on 'em.

jgphillips3

Knoxville = Alabama level expectations with almost as bad a recruiting base as Arkansas.  Not a good combination for any coach really.

hogsanity

Quote from: 31to6 on November 20, 2017, 02:25:14 pm
Odds are good that most of his press conferences will be incomprehensible to them.

Maybe they will rally behind "Our coach is a genius" and just ignore the things he says that go over their heads.

Same as Hog fans would have to do if Leach came here.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 20, 2017, 02:34:09 pm
That would be a very good spot for him.

MJ2

He could park the Pirate ship next to the stadium.

Vantage 8 dude

Well that would make sense. So Mike "The Pirate" Leach brings his frigate to the Tennessee River to join up with the rest of the Vol Navy who enjoy sitting outside of Neyland drinking the suds and partying away. I can see it now...... :) ;D

MissippHog

As Gruden's OC?

ballz2thewall

Quote from: TOM "tbw1" on November 20, 2017, 02:42:44 pm
Knoxville is becoming a less desired location than Starkville.

it's becoming apparent that knoxville must have texas-type administration issues and politics. and their press is out of whack. internal writers had the fan base believing a natty was on the way in jones' 3d year.
The rest of the frog.

Pig in the Pokey

Leach is still the leader to come here on all the betting sites; they heard what I heard I'd imagine.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

MissippHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 20, 2017, 03:52:34 pm
Leach is still the leader to come here on all the betting sites; they heard what I heard I'd imagine.
Are you still solid as Leach as our next HC?

farmhawg

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on November 20, 2017, 03:52:34 pm
I would be ok with him, at least he would be entertaining. Fit into Fayetteville as well.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Porked Tongue

I'd be very surprised but coaching hires are a quagmire

hoglady

I like Leach.
Wouldn't have a problem at all if he were the next coach.
It would be exciting to see what he could do with this offense and I believe he's smart enough to know he's got to play defense. His defense is pretty good this year.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

HoggieStyle

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 20, 2017, 02:34:09 pm

I think that would be a really good gig for him.

Huds_HawgTide

"you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but id rather just take the butchers word for it" tom callahan
tommy boy

"Don't leave and be FROM Arkansas, stay and BE Arkansas" --coach jimmy dykes

"Going to mcd's for a salad is like going to a brothel for a hug"

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 20, 2017, 02:52:14 pm
Knoxville = Alabama level expectations with almost as bad a recruiting base as Arkansas.  Not a good combination for any coach really.

Yeah.!? Well, I can't say it's hurt any of em. They all, out of the last 4, have had at least 1 top 5 class haven't they..?
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: MissippHog on November 20, 2017, 04:06:17 pm
Are you still solid as Leach as our next HC?
naw b/c he was going to be hired by Long. Now, I still think he might come here but if I had to bet I say Norvell. But Leach would come here with or without Long, Im sure.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Golferhog

I think Leach is a very good coach.  However, I  think he is an outpost  kind of guy.  He operates better at places like Lubbock  and Pullman, WA.  I really believe he won't wear well in an environment like Nebraska, TN, or any other hardcore fan base.  His pressers where he talks about everything else but football is funny to us but would get old quick with those fan bases IMO.

rusvegashog

The guy only wins everywhere he goes. But yeah y'all know what best. Stimpy you idiot.

RazorbackToTheFuture

Mike Leach is a national treasure.

onebadrubi

Something I saw recently on leach that I admired, he talked to a few of his mentors about how to learn about defense.  He learned all his mentors were offensive guys then had to go find someone who knew about defense and also put more effort into it from him.  Coaches like this are what it will take at Arkansas.  Yeah u have the others of the world who stick to what they know and can't adapt to key pieces they have (Bielema, die hard spread guys [im concerned norvell might be this type but don't know]), these are the kind that don't work out here. 

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

DeltaBoy

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 20, 2017, 02:52:14 pm

To win a Tinner you have to go national like Phat Phil did!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Porked Tongue on November 20, 2017, 04:21:05 pm
I'd be very surprised but coaching hires are a quagmire

and a crap shoot..................it might be the least sure thing hiring job in the world.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi