Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

For the record:

Started by hogpc, September 22, 2017, 10:05:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogpc

I think Arkansas will come out and play uninspired football and lose to aTm. It is the natural conclusion to the current trajectory which started last year when we blew a lead to Missouri. I don't know exactly what happened, but BB lost this team last year and it showed in the MO and V-Tech losses. Not just the losses but the behavior of some of the players - note the WR and TE - it demonstrated a real lack of focus. That has continued this year in the flat play against TCU and the Whaley incident (not sure what's going on there but something definitely happened).  Any of these things taken by themselves should be overlooked but looking at the big picture I see a program that is absolutely lost - it looks like the players have lost confidence in the head hog and no longer want to give a 100% for him.  Hope I'm wrong and we come out and beat the daylights out of aTm. Go Hogs!

buldozer

You very well may be correct, but I hope you are wrong! Go Hogs!

PorkRinds

I just love "hope I'm wrong" threads.

RazorPiggie

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 10:08:03 am
Yep, that's where I just stop reading or when someone uses Bert.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

mckinneyhog5

These are others that I just pass over..

Ive been watching the hogs for xx years BUT
Or
I supported BB when he got here BUT
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 22, 2017, 10:12:31 am

Or

Not much for you to read here right now, is there...
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

hogpc

jst01

Or

Or how bout when someone posts the definition of insanity?  That's always a strong take...

Hoggie17

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 22, 2017, 10:08:03 am
I just love pork rind's post they are so witty and clever.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Or
Or I don't have anything against (insert players name) BUT
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

buldozer

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 22, 2017, 10:09:58 am

I didn't read bert... where was bert?

Razorbackers

I think this thread will suck.

Hope I'm wrong.

HoggieStyle

I think it all hinges on the first "adversity event" that comes around in the game and how we respond to it.

Of late, we have crawled into a corner and curled up in the fetal position when the going got tough.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hoggie17 on September 22, 2017, 10:20:22 am
I just love pork rind's post they are so witty and clever.

Join the club.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on September 22, 2017, 10:15:28 am
Not much for you to read here right now, is there...
Not really...I remember when people use to discuss X and O's or if player x or y could do a better job. Now, it's just posters starting the same thread about giving up after 1 loss. These threads use to slow down after Monday, not anymore. I hope we win Saturday because if not I won't be returning to this board. Even if we do win the next loss we bring them out again.

jst01

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 22, 2017, 10:24:57 am
Not really...I remember when people use to discuss X and O's or if player x or y could do a better job. Now, it's just posters starting the same thread about giving up after 1 loss. These threads use to slow down after Monday, not anymore. I hope we win Saturday because if not I won't be returning to this board. Even if we do win the next loss we bring them out again.

feels like 2006 & 2007 all over again around here. 

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: buldozer on September 22, 2017, 10:22:55 am
I didn't read bert... where was bert?
He didn't..but others do. When I see it used it tells me one, that there will be no intelligent thought put into the post and two, they really aren't here to discuss football.

buldozer

Quote from: jst01 on September 22, 2017, 10:27:45 am
Thats exactly what I was thinking....

mckinneyhog5

Sure does. I can understand people being disappointed BUT nothing is going to change until at a minimum, the end of the year. Even then nothing could still happen. What's the point of just coming here everyday and in every post saying the same thing over and over again? Trust me, everyone gets it but nothing is going to change for sometime. Lets talk about football as I'm sure we've been waiting for all summer long. End of seasons are the time to talk about coaching changes.

TebowHater

Except we at least won games in 2006 and 2007.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: TebowHater on September 22, 2017, 10:38:41 am
You're right, we're not gonna win another game the rest of the year. Might as well just close up shop, send the players home and tell them to come back when we get a new coach.

cal34

jcbville

Sweet. I was waiting for you to go on the record with your prediction and prognastications. I am writing this down.

I will sleep much more soundly tonight. I cant thank you enough.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: TebowHater on September 22, 2017, 10:38:41 am
Also, in 2006 we started out by getting blasted by USC then went on to win 10 straight. In 2007 we lost 2 out of the first three but finished the year by beating the number 1 team at their house. Point is, let the season play out because no one knows how's it going to unfold.

Redhogs

Quote from: hogpc on September 22, 2017, 10:05:53 am
I think Arkansas will come out and play uninspired football and lose to aTm. It is the natural conclusion to the current trajectory which started last year when we blew a lead to Missouri. I don't know exactly what happened, but BB lost this team last year and it showed in the MO and V-Tech losses. Not just the losses but the behavior of some of the players - note the WR and TE - it demonstrated a real lack of focus. That has continued this year in the flat play against TCU and the Whaley incident (not sure what's going on there but something definitely happened).  Any of these things taken by themselves should be overlooked but looking at the big picture I see a program that is absolutely lost - it looks like the players have lost confidence in the head hog and no longer want to give a 100% for him.  Hope I'm wrong and we come out and beat the daylights out of aTm. Go Hogs!
Oh I think you are wrong. They probably will come out fired up, problem is, how will they react when they have to respond to adversity in the game when it comes, and it will come. This has been CBB's Achilles's heel in the past...they just seem to fold when anything goes just a little off script. Mentally very week....we'll see though.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

BaconAteHer

Quote from: Redhogs on September 22, 2017, 11:06:59 am
Oh I think you are wrong. They probably will come out fired up, problem is, how will they react when they have to respond to adversity in the game when it comes, and it will come. This has been CBB's Achilles's heel in the past...they just seem to fold when anything goes just a little off script. Mentally very week....we'll see though.

This and consistency from one game to the next. Anyone remember Florida last year after the Auburn abortion? Only to turn around and lose 3 out of the next 4.

Or how about our record since Sept. 17, 2016: W L W L W L W L W L L W L

I'm afraid BB is entering a pretty rough spot - maybe even a point of no return - where any win or couple wins followed by a loss will only fuel the inconsistency debate. Outside of putting together a legit streak (which is hard to believe is even realistic with games we have coming up) I'm afraid maybe too much damage has already been done.   

hobhog

Well, at least its on the record.....

HamSammich

For the record I wish people here knew what paragraphs were.

A fun training exercise: next time you want to enlighten us, have your wife/girlfriend/mom stand behind you and slap the dog crap out of you every 4 sentences. It could sort of be a metronome for you.

I doubt BB feels the tough spot.  Win, lose, whatever, he still gets a check.  Bet he would tell you he is the exact same person we hired so whats the problem.  He would be correct.  FOR ANSWER TO PROBLEM, BACK UP ONE SPOT TO THE NEXT LEVEL ABOVE BB.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 22, 2017, 10:38:04 am
Sure does. I can understand people being disappointed BUT nothing is going to change until at a minimum, the end of the year. Even then nothing could still happen. What's the point of just coming here everyday and in every post saying the same thing over and over again? Trust me, everyone gets it but nothing is going to change for sometime. Lets talk about football as I'm sure we've been waiting for all summer long. End of seasons are the time to talk about coaching changes.

This. Stop crying
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Marshfieldhog

Quote from: 12247 on September 22, 2017, 11:50:25 am
I doubt BB feels the tough spot.  Win, lose, whatever, he still gets a check.  Bet he would tell you he is the exact same person we hired so whats the problem.  He would be correct.  FOR ANSWER TO PROBLEM, BACK UP ONE SPOT TO THE NEXT LEVEL ABOVE BB.

Everybody feels pressure one way or another. I bet he feels a lot of pressure.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: 12247 on September 22, 2017, 11:50:25 am

Yeah he doesn't want to win. He knows that if his next prospective employer asks him about his win-loss record here he can simply text him: "LOL, Got Paid" and they will both have a good laugh before he is offered another chance massive contract...
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

Hawgphat

Some devoted Hogs fans are unable to convince themselves to put a positive spin on every perceived misfortune or underachievement suffered by the Hogs.  I would think that state of mind would be considered to be "reality".  "Reality" doesn't appear to be popular around here.  For those of us who have witnessed the ongoing setbacks and perplexing failures, with little - if any - indication that things are going to suddenly and miraculously turn around for our program - - - I don't think it's fair to label those of us who have lost faith in the current program's ability to succeed and flourish as "Gloomy Gus" and Negative Nellie" "Fair Weather Fans".

For those who - like me - love the Hogs unconditionally, it does not arbitrarily and rationally follow that we MUST keep thinking happy thoughts and expecting great things from a program with a well-demonstrated recent track record of underachievement and disappointment.

Hog-Corleone

Quote from: Hawgphat on September 22, 2017, 12:11:05 pm
Some devoted Hogs fans are unable to convince themselves to put a positive spin on every perceived misfortune or underachievement suffered by the Hogs.  I would think that state of mind would be considered to be "reality".  "Reality" doesn't appear to be popular around here.  For those of us who have witnessed the ongoing setbacks and perplexing failures, with little - if any - indication that things are going to suddenly and miraculously turn around for our program - - - I don't think it's fair to label those of us who have lost faith in the current program's ability to succeed and flourish as "Gloomy Gus" and Negative Nellie" "Fair Weather Fans".

For those who - like me - love the Hogs unconditionally, it does not arbitrarily and rationally follow that we MUST keep thinking happy thoughts and expecting great things from a programs with a well-demonstrated recent track record of underachievement and disappointment.

Very well said, and I think that is how a lot of us feel. 
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hawgphat on September 22, 2017, 12:11:05 pm

For those who - like me - love the Hogs unconditionally, it does not arbitrarily and rationally follow that we MUST keep thinking happy thoughts and expecting great things from a programs with a well-demonstrated recent track record of underachievement and disappointment.

Hawgphat

I did not realize that I was using words that were too big - and posting too much, PorkRinds.  I'm truly sorry, if that is the case.  I'll back off.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hawgphat on September 22, 2017, 12:19:41 pm
I did not realize that I was using words that were too big - and posting too much, PorkRinds.  I'm truly sorry, if that is the case.  I'll back off.

I don't care what you post dude. I just thought it was funny.

HamSammich

Porkrinds jus b trying to help us poor folk out

Swestwill66

It's like the guy in town where everyone knows his wife is cheating. Everyone tells him she is. He just doesn't believe it until he catches her . That's when it's over.
Missouri, Virginia Tech, TCU made me realize it's over!

hogpc

Quote from: HamSammich on September 22, 2017, 11:39:11 am
For the record I wish people here knew what paragraphs were.

A fun training exercise: next time you want to enlighten us, have your wife/girlfriend/mom stand behind you and slap the dog crap out of you every 4 sentences. It could sort of be a metronome for you.
For the record, maybe you can get some children's books if paragraphs over four sentences strain your ability to concentrate.

hogpc

Quote from: Redhogs on September 22, 2017, 11:06:59 am
You may be right, but my main point is that I think BB has lost his team and I think it happened last year. We will see - go hawgs!

hogpc

I was mostly right and partially wrong. They came out and played OK against a bad aTm team with a lot of freshman. But when it counted we couldn't get a stop nor a score to win, throwing into triple coverage.  We should have easily won this game against this team. BB has lost this team, the fan base and probably the BOT. If not for the huge buyout he would be gone before the end of the season, and may be gone before then anyway.

Jimbob111

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on September 22, 2017, 10:09:58 am
Yet you felt compelled to post.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?