Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Bama game thread is positively eerie......

Started by Bogghawg, February 24, 2018, 08:22:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogghawg

Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

Randohoggie

Here's what you can generally learn from game threads ...

1.  People are neurotic.
2.  Every overly negative fan thinks he or she is the only objective person on earth.

latrops

Bama tonight did look kinda like us on our bad nights.  I still have no idea what they were trying to do on offense.  Got us a road win and the NCAAT is now assured, so works for us to catch an opponent in a funk for once.

Atlhogfan1

Fans are emotional during a game.  Never understood the whining over a game thread.  When the threads are dead is when you should worry. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: latrops on February 24, 2018, 08:36:20 pm
Bama tonight did look kinda like us on our bad nights.  I still have no idea what they were trying to do on offense.  Got us a road win and the NCAAT is now assured, so works for us to catch an opponent in a funk for once.
Johnson's failure at Bama will be on the offensive end.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Randohoggie

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 24, 2018, 08:38:03 pm
Fans are emotional during a game.  Never understood the whining over a game thread.  When the threads are dead is when you should worry.

It's harder to make fun of the crazies when threads are dead.

alohawg

This one made lol.

We'd get outrebounded by a wheelchair basketball team
"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

Breems

We aren't unique.

I always have fun browsing other teams' forums. UK was angry with Calipari a week ago saying his one and done stint is over and other schools have figured it out. OU wants Kruger fired. Billy Kennedy is the worst coach ever. Any coach that's losing doesn't run an offense. Missouri is going to the NIT tonight.

Fans are pretty simple-minded creatures. There was absolute outrage when Chad Morris was hired. All it took was a press conference and a video of him telling players to sit up straight to win over the majority of those folks.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Pigasaurus

I'm as guilty as the next person. Get irritated too easily.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

liljo

Yes it really is eerie! It appears that, on both threads, there were people rooting for Alabama.

Go Hogs!
Slow down, son. You'll ride past a lot more good stuff than you'll ever catch up to.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: alohawg on February 24, 2018, 08:56:50 pm
This one made lol.

We'd get outrebounded by a wheelchair basketball team

That was a good one. 
Hogs up! Covid down!