Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If you posted Avery Johnson would punk CMA come to this thread

Started by k.c.hawg, February 24, 2018, 07:44:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

k.c.hawg

and admit you are an idiot. Johnson is 0-2 at home and 0-3 against CMA. He was going to create mismatches. Kick our ass on the high ball screen, pick and roll. So come admit you either had clouded judgement or you are a dumbass so I don't have to go get your posts and put them in bold. I'm not a CMA apologist, I let games play themselves out because nothing in this league is consistent. If you know the game so well to tell all the rest of us how it is going to play out come tell us about it after the fact.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

AirWarren

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 24, 2018, 07:44:22 pm
and admit you are an idiot. Johnson is 0-2 at home and 0-3 against CMA. He was going to create mismatches. Kick our ass on the high ball screen, pick and roll. So come admit you either had clouded judgement or you are a dumbass so I don't have to go get your posts and put them in bold. I'm not a CMA appologists, I let games play themselves out because nothing in this league is consistent. If you know the game so well to tell all the rest of us how it is going to play out come tell us about it after the fact.

20-9 fire mike!!!!!!!!

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hawgfan4life

Announcer said Alabama had mismatches all over the court against Arkansas. Ouch!  Makes it even worse for Avery to lose to a mediocre coach at home with superior talent all over the court in a must win game.

Hogcephus

I didn't even realize we had a coach tonight. It seemed like the cameras and announcers were glued to Johnson. I was getting sick of it!

Razorback_Mack

Letsroll1200

liljo

To the OP:
You are right! I admit it! Anybody that said Johnson would outcoach, or "punk out" Coach Anderson is an idiot.  ;D
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

k.c.hawg

This was from one page of a thread. Some of Hogvilles all time analyst telling us exactly how this would play out.

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 22, 2018, 09:49:45 am
Expect Avery Johnson to outcoach Mediocre Mike.

Quote from: hog golf on February 22, 2018, 08:37:31 am
no- we do what we do. sometimes we get blown out doing that. Avery Johnson will exploit every weakness and make the necessary adjustments that gives his team the greatest opportunity to win. it's what coaches do.

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 22, 2018, 10:54:55 am
High pick and roll all game. It will expose our stupid extended man to man defense.

Quote from: razorpimp on February 22, 2018, 07:58:07 am
Only way to win this game is to slow it down and grind.....the fastest40, lamest40, whatever it is will only get us beat very badly

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on February 21, 2018, 11:28:59 pm
Sexton will eat us alive

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 21, 2018, 10:23:16 pm
I see much penetration into the lane resulting in lobs for easy dunks.  KY gave them the recipe but their NBA coach knows that without watching the KY tape.

Quote from: Breems on February 21, 2018, 10:00:04 pm
Sexton would beat us by himself. The outlook is quite grim, I'm afraid.

Quote from: 1highhog on February 21, 2018, 10:14:07 pm
No, it will be LSU all over again.

Quote from: hobhog on February 21, 2018, 10:24:52 pm
Do match ups really matter with MA coached teams? Serious question.

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on February 21, 2018, 09:13:55 pm
No we don't. Way more athletes and Gafford's lack of strength will allow us to get killed on the glass.

Over 10 dunks for Bama and probably lose by 20. Maybe 15.

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 22, 2018, 10:35:21 am
This would be a very opportune time for CJ to go home and score 10-14. Don't have a lot of faith in him doing it but it would increase our odds of winng by a good 30%.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

sowmonella

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 24, 2018, 08:07:55 pm
This was from one page of a thread. Some of Hogvilles all time analyst telling us exactly how this would play out.

:)
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Atlhogfan1

Pimp's thoughts turned out true. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 24, 2018, 08:14:45 pm
Pimp's thoughts turned out true. 

Quote from: razorpimp on February 22, 2018, 07:58:07 am
Only way to win this game is to slow it down and grind.....the fastest40, lamest40, whatever it is will only get us beat very badly

Trying to figure out what turned out to be true??

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Razorback_Mack

and admit you are an idiot. Johnson is 0-2 at home and 0-3 against CMA. He was going to create mismatches. Kick our ass on the high ball screen, pick and roll. So come admit you either had clouded judgement or you are a dumbass so I don't have to go get your posts and put them in bold. I'm not a CMA appologists, I let games play themselves out because nothing in this league is consistent. If you know the game so well to tell all the rest of us how it is going to play out come tell us about it after the fact.
My man! Keep the good stuff coming!

ChicoHog

I didn't post it but I will gladly say I was surprised at the outcome.  Kudos to Anderson, the staff and players.  Really enjoyed not seeing our press and playing mostly half court man to man.  Also limited the fouls, did not play nearly as risky.  Not as frustrating to watch either!  Good victory.  Hope we keep the same strategy against Auburn. 

Now we need to improve our seeding so we don't get an 8 or 9 seed.  I'd rather be a 10!

liljo

Good stuff. I'm tell you, KC, if people were at my house watching the game and talkin' like a lot of those guys, they'd have been flying out windows into the rainy and dark night.
Hogville: A place where Hog fans gather to discuss all things Razorbacks in peace.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 24, 2018, 08:27:30 pm
The unbolded part. 

I was under the impression the guy couldn't change and was stubborn......married to one system, zero game planning.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 24, 2018, 09:17:03 pm
I was under the impression the guy couldn't change and was stubborn......married to one system, zero game planning.

Nah he has his exceptions.

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 24, 2018, 09:18:03 pm

This team can actually be good when they get 20+ off the bench, even when one of the big 2 is awful. Thought before the game if CJ had a Sweet Home Alabama game that we stood a very good chance. Bailey rising from the ashes combined with CJ and Thomas won this game as I see it. If we could just get some consistency there I thing this could be a second weekend team. Mike has to give Bailey a chance to work back into the rotation these last 2 plus SECT games.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 24, 2018, 09:23:30 pm
This team can actually be good when they get 20+ off the bench, even when one of the big 2 is awful. Thought before the game if CJ had a Sweet Home Alabama game that we stood a very good chance. Bailey rising from the ashes combined with CJ and thomas won this game ass I see it. If we could just get some consistency there I thing this could be a second weekend team.

Agreed. Been really disappointed in our depth since SEC started.  Maybe they are coming around at the right moment.

Danny J

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 24, 2018, 09:18:03 pm
Yep...he game planned it perfectly. If we had played our usually pressing and doubling the entire game we lose and nothing will convince me otherwise. It's the getting back on D, playing zone and forcing them to beat us in the half court that won us the game. Great coaching tonight by CMA.

Mjs84

So do you have a list of names ready?

k.c.hawg

Quote from: Mjs84 on February 24, 2018, 09:29:50 pm
So do you have a list of names ready?

Go up about 13 posts, I quoted the posts off of one page. Could have dug deeper but it's Saturday night!!

liljo

Quote from: Danny J on February 24, 2018, 09:27:58 pm
Yep...he game planned it perfectly. If we had played our usually pressing and doubling the entire game we lose and nothing will convince me otherwise. It's the getting back on D, playing zone and forcing them to beat us in the half court that won us the game. Great coaching tonight by CMA.
Agreed, especially on the road. Pressing on the road in the SEC is a good way to get in major foul trouble early.

AirWarren

Dr. Starcs

k.c.hawg