Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A lesson from football

Started by Karma, November 15, 2015, 04:11:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Early in the season when we were 2-4, there was a lot of talk of fire Enos, Smith and bench Allen. Now we see that patience was the right call. If this basketball season turns tough as possible, let's remember the lessons learned before calling to blow up the basketball program.

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: Karma on November 15, 2015, 04:11:54 pm
Early in the season when we were 2-4, there was a lot of talk of fire Enos, Smith and bench Allen. Now we see that patience was the right call. If this basketball season turns tough as possible, let's remember the lessons learned before calling to blow up the basketball program.

We won more games last year than we had won since 1995 and there was talk like that going on in here during that kind of success. I see what you are saying and it's a nice thought and all but this is Jumpball.  The chorus is warming up already. Git your earplugs.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

King Kong

Yeah, it was about that bad in Jump Ball last year after the home loss to Ole Piss

hogsanity

Year 3 coming off 7 wins vs year 5 coming off 27 wins. But there is no need calling for anything to be blown up because it isnt going to happen regardless of record this season.

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TomBigBeeHog

Quote from: hogsanity on November 15, 2015, 08:41:08 pm
Year 3 coming off 7 wins vs year 5 coming off 27 wins. But there is no need calling for anything to be blown up because it isnt going to happen regardless of record this season.

Please don't start that stupid crap again. This nonsense had died down and then the football team started winning again. Don't know why people feel compelled to make these comparisons or choose one over the other.
I spent most of my life drankin', gamblin', and chasing women, the rest I just wasted.

azhog10

Quote from: hogsanity on November 15, 2015, 08:41:08 pm
Here we go 7-6 (2-6) is > 27-9 (13-5). CBB won't have a .750 win % in year 4..... But continue on.