7.5 reb
1.8 asst
0.9 st
0.6 bl
1.7 to
.527 fg%
.688 ft%
.154 3pt%
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

PennHOG

Is there a shoe throwing stat in the conference USA?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

King Kong

So?

Jacorey Williams now is not the Jacorey Williams we would have seen last year.

Jacorey's flaws has always been lack of skills. Sitting out a year gave him plenty of time to work on those skills.

Biggus Piggus

Williams needed to get out of the situation that he had turned bad. He went right into the perfect recovery program.
[CENSORED]!

realistichog

He now has a coach that lets him stay in the game longer than 2 or 3 minutes at a time.

hawginbigd1

Conference USA must be horrible.

ShadowHawg

Someone posted an article earlier this season about Williams where he said something to the effect that he realized his immaturity off the court had held him back in his career also.

pignparadise

He has a real college coach now.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

Jonteviosk

Quote from: pignparadise on February 14, 2017, 03:40:26 pm

Please leave your anti CMA opinions out of this thread there are plenty of others for that. This thread is about Jacorey.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

pignparadise

Quote from: Jonteviosk on February 14, 2017, 05:38:25 pm
Please leave your anti CMA opinions out of this thread there are plenty of others for that. This thread is about Jacorey.
Sorry thought it was an open forum. Didn't know that when you start a thread that you could limit what was said. What I said was about Jacorey and was prompted by your thread. Why don't you get your own board and become a moderator after your 500th post.
"The race is long.. and in the end it's only with yourself.....", Baz Luhrman "Sunscreen"

NotSoFastMyFriend

Keep beating this drum. Eventually everyone will march to it amirite?

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: pignparadise on February 14, 2017, 03:40:26 pm
Oh please, if it wasn't for the Internet you wouldn't be able to name his coach.

On top of the fact that said coach was at his current school for 10 years before he went to the NCAA tournament. If he's that much of a "real" coach could he have not made a run through a weak conference tourney for an auto bid?

I have nothing against their coach just proving a point. An obvious point.

Hawg Red

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 14, 2017, 03:14:03 pm
Someone posted an article earlier this season about Williams where he said something to the effect that he realized his immaturity off the court had held him back in his career also.

I'm happy for JaCorey. He earned that dismissal and he owned up to how he got there and fixed it. Finally played up to his potential that we knew he wasn't playing up to here. How many times do we see kids transfer multiple times and never change their ways? JaCorey only needed a second chance.

Jonteviosk

Hawg I agree and I am happy for the kid.

Razorback_Mack

Jonteviosk

I still think if he had played for us last year he coulda given us 10 and 6 plus D at the 4 with as many close games as we played I think we coulda been in the tourney.

pignparadise

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 14, 2017, 06:17:31 pm
Oh please, if it wasn't for the Internet you wouldn't be able to name his coach.

On top of the fact that said coach was at his current school for 10 years before he went to the NCAA tournament. If he's that much of a "real" coach could he have not made a run through a weak conference tourney for an auto bid?

I have nothing against their coach just proving a point. An obvious point.
That's  not true. I have talked to his coach and know one of the players.

hogwood

Quote from: Jonteviosk on February 14, 2017, 01:23:58 am
Jacorey Williams
26 games
30.0 min
17.1 pts
7.5 reb
1.8 asst
0.9 st
0.6 bl
1.7 to
.527 fg%
.688 ft%
.154 3pt%

Did he win POY or something? Kinda early...

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: Jonteviosk on February 14, 2017, 06:25:47 pm
Hawg I agree and I am happy for the kid.

Agree. Can't people just be happy the kid has good things going for him?
Hope he has turned things around off the court. Congratulations, JaCorey.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: pignparadise on February 14, 2017, 06:28:47 pm
That's  not true. I have talked to his coach and know one of the players.
So you think not making the tournament until his 11th year there makes him a good coach?

Hogimus Prime

You could see the potential with Williams at times, but he wasn't right between the ears.  The redshirt year helped him along with a change of scenery.

pignparadise

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on February 14, 2017, 08:48:32 pm
So you think not making the tournament until his 11th year there makes him a good coach?
He's  147-52 in his last 5.75 years there. Yes I think he's a good coach at this point in his career. Maybe there is hope for Mike to get on a roll here.

Jonteviosk

Quote from: hogwood on February 14, 2017, 06:43:53 pm
Did he win POY or something? Kinda early...

Think about it his team is the run away conf champ right now and hes their best player who else would it be?