Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Duke's Grayson Allen is a real trip -- can't let it go

Started by jbcarol, December 21, 2016, 07:15:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Dr. Starcs

And when Seth Greenberg calls Duke out on it, Rece Davis tells him not to speculate.

Hmm, pretty sure that's all that cfp ranking show every week was that you hosted there Rece. It was ok then, but please don't question the almighty coach k.

Rant over. For now.

TrueBlue

TrueBlue

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 9m9 minutes ago

BREAKING: Duke has suspended Grayson Allen indefinitely, per release.

Did not see this coming like the Elon player
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Jeff Goodman ‏@GoodmanESPN 11m11 minutes ago

Mike Krzyzewski Statement on Grayson Allen:
"We have had the opportunity to thoroughly review the incident... http://es.pn/2hYEeh2

Quote"We have had the opportunity to thoroughly review the incident involving Grayson Allen from last night's game against Elon. As I stated last night, the incident was unacceptable and inexcusable. He took an important step last night by apologizing in person to Steven Santa Ana and Coach Matt Matheny. As a program, we needed to take further steps regarding his actions that do not meet the standards of Duke Basketball. To that end, we have determined that Grayson will be suspended from competition for an indefinite amount of time."

Allen tripped Santa

jbcarol

Jackrabbit Hog

Can Coach Kgrazohehgoaselisleishehgosski go back and retroactively suspend Christian Laettner?
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Hogs33

"Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company." Mark Twain

jbcarol

Hogs33

That is someone who does not know what a charge is. What he is referring to is a block. A charge is when someone is already stationary and in postion holding his grown and the offensive player draws the contact.

Hogs33

The block is someone trying to get into postion to take a charge. The other is someone deliberately trying to take someone out.

clutch

Quote from: Hogs33 on December 22, 2016, 01:37:02 pm
That is someone who does not know what a charge is. What he is referring to is a block. A charge is when someone is already stationary and in postion holding his grown and the offensive player draws the contact.

He does have somewhat of a point though. Block or charge, usually the player is given credit for attempting to draw the charge. It really is a lot more dangerous than tripping a player. I broke my wrist and had 8 stitches in my chin and got knocked out cold as a result of an incident like that.

PonderinHog

Quote from: clutch on December 23, 2016, 02:55:44 pm
He does have somewhat of a point though. Block or charge, usually the player is given credit for attempting to draw the charge. It really is a lot more dangerous than tripping a player. I broke my wrist and had 8 stitches in my chin and got knocked out cold as a result of an incident like that.
And THAT'S why I never jumped that high!

Hogs958

clutch

Quote from: sevenof400 on December 24, 2016, 02:09:55 pm
A better question is why has Coach K taken this long to come down (and come down hard) on this. 

Because somebody finally made a big deal out of it. As long as nobody was questioning him then he was going to let it slide.

clutch

Quote from: PonderinHog on December 23, 2016, 03:14:20 pm
And THAT'S why I never jumped that high!

I never said I jumped high. Just so happened to be a really short kid. Possibly the only kid in the conference short enough to take my legs out when I jumped. For an instance though, I felt what it must feel like to be a high flyer........ then the lights went out once I hit the ground. I guess there was some good with the bad there.

jbcarol

The Boar War

Is it just coincidence that Coach K has a "back problem" after his meeting with Grayson Allen?

I wonder if Allen is seeing a therapist.  It's not likely that he's going to seriously injure someone doing this but after the second time he was caught doing this you would think he knew he would be caught.  That kind of impulse control problem seems like it could manifest itself in other more dangerous areas of his life.

Boarcephus

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2017, 05:18:14 pm
http://thebiglead.com/2017/01/07/grayson-allen-trip-2/

Saw this yesterday and they actually had an analyst defend him saying he was falling forward and it was natural for his leg to go up.  I've decided Allen is just stupid and can't help himself.  Duke has always prided itself on recruiting "smart" players but Allen shoots this claim down in a hurry.
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

Kevin

Quote from: Boarcephus on January 08, 2017, 09:05:34 am
Saw this yesterday and they actually had an analyst defend him saying he was falling forward and it was natural for his leg to go up.  I've decided Allen is just stupid and can't help himself.  Duke has always prided itself on recruiting "smart" players but Allen shoots this claim down in a hurry.

my wife & I both think it was an attempted kick
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jbcarol

jbcarol

Andy Katz ‏@ESPNAndyKatz 21m21 minutes ago

PAC-12: Conference office reviewed the tape of Dillon Brooks' ejection Saturday at Washington State for kicking... http://es.pn/2iSjeXf

Dana Altman will have his star player available

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/819930899475267584

QuoteIs Grayson Allen's NBA Draft stock on the decline?

The answer is probably yet but it's not for the reasons you may think.

It's not because Allen has now been involved in at least three tripping incidents and faced a one-game suspension for his latest incident this year. And it's not because of anything that may have happened with Allen and Florida State assistant Dennis Gates this week.

It has much more to do with Allen's overall play on the court. While playing much of the season at point guard, he's averaging 14.5 points, 4.5 rebounds and 4.3 assists this season while battling various foot and toe ailments [from tripping?]

jbcarol

jbcarol

Not Jerry Tipton ‏@NotJerryTipton Jan 14

Duke has lost 2 in a row, and is in 11th place in the ACC. Currently on pace to be the worst 1 seed ever.

hogginbama

Quote from: jbcarol on January 15, 2017, 07:34:05 am
https://twitter.com/tsnmike/status/820452162832629760

Watched that multiple times and still teying to figure out why Allen was holding his nose. Didn't see any contact in the face at all until the Louisville play attempted to b-slap him as he got up.

This is why the NCAA needs to implement the flop rule of the NBA.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

jbcarol

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: jbcarol on April 19, 2017, 01:04:06 pm
Last leg of his trip:

https://twitter.com/CBSSportsCBB/status/854435045066641408
No doubt Allen decided he needed another year of seasoning to work on his cheap shots before moving to the NBA. Can anyone imagine him trying to pull some of that garbage on someone like Lebron? Kid would doubtless find himself planted in the "cheap seats".

jbcarol

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on April 19, 2017, 02:24:45 pm
No doubt Allen decided he needed another year of seasoning to work on his cheap shots before moving to the NBA. Can anyone imagine him trying to pull some of that garbage on someone like Lebron? Kid would doubtless find himself planted in the "cheap seats".

https://twitter.com/NotJerryTipton/status/854435141367857152

jbcarol

ESPN Trips Up: Names Grayson Allen Top Player in College Basketball for 2017-18

Quote1. Grayson Allen, Duke Blue Devils
One year ago I named Allen my No. 1 player in college basketball heading into 2016-17. No, that forecast didn't turn out so well. If you had told me in advance that Allen would trip opposing players repeatedly and indeed with recidivist zeal

jbcarol

Buff

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jbcarol