Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAME THREAD: Arkansas Razorbacks vs. Sam Houston St.

Started by Razorbacks#1, November 09, 2012, 06:31:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgJD

Quote from: Qadi999 on November 09, 2012, 07:27:37 pm
I'm not impressed with  the hogs yet they seem to be playing out of control.

The young guys are playing a lot early. 1st game jitters I hope.

HawgJD

Almost forced another shot clock violation, but they miss at last second. Clarke fouled. AR in bonus. Clarke at FT line. 2/2 19-16 AR

latrops

Way too early, but don't like the 9-3 rebounding disadvantage after that being such a problem last year.

HawgJD

HawgJD

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

HawgJD

HawgJD

HawgJD

HawgJD

HawgJD

Wade called for a weak reach in on the inbounds pass. Good pressure most of the time.

HawgJD

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

HawgJD

HawgJD

Madden, Kikko, Jacorey Williams, Powell, Qualls in.

Razorbacks#1

THUNDER!

HawgJD

hawghog

HawgJD

Razorbacks#1

Nice team effort and and a good move by Powell to finish

THUNDER!

Qadi999

seems like there settling down a little. looks a little better.

HawgJD

HawgJD

HawgJD

HawgJD

HawgJD

Was Williams shooting threes in the exhibition games? Qualls skied for a board but got cut under and lost it out of bounds. He walked to the bench (no limp)

HawgJD

HawgJD

HawgJD

Half court defense is pretty intense. You guys will like this year if this keeps up.

HawgJD

Granny

HawgJD

HawgJD

tiber

HawgJD

HawgJD

Quote from: tiber on November 09, 2012, 07:50:05 pm
What's the story with Haydar playing?

He's out now, but he played significant minutes. Great effort. Had one steal, almost another. SHS another 3. 33-26

HawgJD

I missed it, but commentator saying we switched to zone and Bell drifted off the shooter for both threes.

HawgJD

HawgJD

HawgJD

HawgJD

HM with a should've been travel, but got the lay up anyway. 37-29 at half.

HawgJD

Thanks for the good karma. I'm feeling the vibes, or the whiskey.

tiber

Quote from: HawgJD on November 09, 2012, 07:50:55 pm
He's out now, but he played significant minutes. Great effort. Had one steal, almost another. SHS another 3. 33-26

Serious question, and not player bashing, but is Anderson expecting Haydar to be a significant contributor this year?  I honestly don't know.

Qadi999

is it me or do they play better DEf when Kikko is in.

HawgJD

Quote from: tiber on November 09, 2012, 07:54:48 pm
Serious question, and not player bashing, but is Anderson expecting Haydar to be a significant contributor this year?  I honestly don't know.

I think he can be. Anderson obviously loves what Madden has done in the off-season, and Wagner looks like he'll be a good player at some point in the year, but Kikko is a reliable three-point shooter and a pest on defense.

mycul222

Hogs looking tenacious on defense, but a little chaotic  on offense. Hopefully BJ will give us a more consistent offensive threat.

mycul222

Quote from: tiber on November 09, 2012, 07:54:48 pm

He has looked good so far.

HawgJD

Quote from: mycul222 on November 09, 2012, 07:56:47 pm
Hogs looking tenacious on defense, but a little chaotic  on offense. Hopefully BJ will give us a more consistent offensive threat.

I only got to watch the second exhibition, but this game reminds me a lot of it. They settled down in the second half there. Hopefully that happens again. That being said, BJ is always going to be missed on offense.

HawgJD

razorbackchamps94

Quote from: Qadi999 on November 09, 2012, 07:27:37 pm
I'm not impressed with  the hogs yet they seem to be playing out of control.
Everybody Dranked the pre season kool aid like football..there a avg SEC team Florida, Kentucky, Missouri, Tenn and Ole Miss will be better than us