Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We're hosting, but as a #2 seed?

Started by RazrBakr, May 29, 2006, 02:26:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RazrBakr

May 29, 2006, 02:26:48 pm Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 02:50:59 pm by RazrBakr
Does anyone besides me think Hogs and Arkansas fans just got  hosed by the NCAA?  Well let's just think about this...  Georgia, 3rd in SEC gets "protected" by being placed as a #7 national seed.  Arkansas, 4th in season SEC gets #17, gets a regional but ONLY because we have great fan support?  Well slap me in the face why don't ya!  "well the Hogs did lousy in the SEC tournament", some people might say.  Did every conference in the NCAA tournament have a conference tournament?  Are we being judged on that and not the regular season record? So, the regular season record is really meaningless?   Now, I suppose we'll get the 2:00 game Friday.  Gee I work for a living. I wonder where I'll be during that time Friday while that $10 dollar ticket, in the $60 dollar ticket book I bought a month in advance to support our team's chances of hosting a regional, to give us an edge for FAN SUPPORT at a game.  So what it amounts to is this:  I gave to see the Hogs play and host a regional, now we're being punished by NOT being able to see our team play because we're a #2 seeded team, more than likely playing a 2:00 o'clock.  Can anyone offer something to make me feel all happy about this?  I'm sorry if this seems like a rant!(IT IS!!!)  The NCAA has just shafted Arkansas again!
Just can't help smiling these days!!!

CorningHog

Quit bellyaching Razrbakr, you obviously could not get out on the golf course with me and Brother Gary today!  I spotted him 15 strokes and won by 2.

We had a good time!  Where have you been?  Those phones been turned off the last two days, you scared a brother!  Thought something was wrong.

Sorry the 2pm game time.  It may be hard but I guess I will be showing real estate in Fayetteville on Friday! heh heh.

GO HOGS!
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

yraciv

I'm pretty pissed too! Did we not no hit the 1 seed in this regional?  We lost some mid week games, but often played players that don't see as much time on the weekend.  Georgia was awarded the #7 national seed, but didn't we have the exact same record as them in the SEC.  I'm also pretty confident we've had one of the hardest schedules in the nation. There is no way OK St. deserves it out of the Big 12.  They screwed up, and they will realize the mistake once we defeat Clemson or I wouldn't be surprised if Miss. St. won that regional.

RAZ FAN

We host the regional, and if we take care of business all is well. We could be an LSU fan and get no seed for the tourney.

nwarazfan

We finished the season 9th in the league in fielding and 10th in hitting.  We're not that good but manage somehow to win.  Be thankful we're in the tourney and we did well enough that the Committee could halfway sell us as a host.

HogFather

Yeah we got hosed.  Georgia getting a top 8 seed is a joke.  Kentucky finished second...well, actually tied for first in the SEC and they didn't get a top eight seed.  It's BS.  I do like our chances with the teams in the regional, but it is crap that we have to play ORU and not Princeton in the first round.  Plus, why did our region get matched up against the number 1 overall seed Clemson?

Cornhogio

The way it's set up, we're a 17 seed.  If we'd been the #1 seed in our regional, we'd be a 16.  Po-tay-to, po-tah-to.  Just get 'er done, and smack around Clemson the next weekend (provided they get by Miss State).
Society is responsible for the night that it produces.

Valerie

Has anyone seen a definite start time...tho't I saw where 2 seed played @ 7...maybe just wishful thinking

chiefsfan

since we are hosting I believe we have the choice of game time...which would give us the evening game...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

CampuspostmanHOG

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 29, 2006, 05:01:08 pm
since we are hosting I believe we have the choice of game time...which would give us the evening game...

No. 1 seed OSU facing No. 4 Princeton at 2 p.m. No. 2 Arkansas plays host to No. 3 ORU at 7 p.m.

nwarazfan

We didn't choose it.  The NCAA chose because of the reason we got the regional in the first place - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. More butts in the seats at 7 than 2.  Plus 1 seed OSU(or Pr) will have longer to rest.

RazrBakr

Anyone got a link or a confirmation on that 7:00pm game for Hogs?  That would be great.  I'd certainly recend the "whine factor" in the first post.  Also, I gotta wife that's a little t.o.'d because my son's b-day party is Saturday.  I told her if we planned it for 11:00 am we'd be safe all the way around, meaning I'd live because I can't miss the regionals, right?  Birthdays come around every year, but regionals?  That's only every other year... ;)

Go Hogs!!!!

RazrBakr

Well, turn that frown upside down.  I just read on www.Hogwired.com  "Arkansas is hosting the double-elimination, four-team regional with Oklahoma State, Oral Roberts and Princeton rounding out the field. Games are scheduled for 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. If necessary, a seventh game will be played on Monday at 7 p.m. Friday's schedule has No. 1 seed OSU facing No. 4 Princeton at 2 p.m. No. 2 Arkansas plays host to No. 3 ORU at 7 p.m. "

WPS!!!!

Oklahawg

Who is arguing about this? We get Princeton (who knows?) and two teams we've owned over the years (although ORU got us this year).

Okie State was totally dismantled in the BIg 12 tourney. Bring ORU and OSU to Baum. Hell, let's volunteer as a #3. Won't matter.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra