Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Got to hate ESPN's love for Notre Dame

Started by hogfan064, May 29, 2006, 12:24:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan064

God that made me sick, and I like Notre Dame.  But come on.  They went on for about 5 minutes how the NCAA should let more Northern teams in.  Heck noone up north deserves to get in.  I'm sorry, but you don't let teams in due to location, you let them in on performance.  And they actually thought that ND a team with a RPI above 30 deserved to host?  Come on.   Then they made a bid deal out of the ND WR.  He has a 4.00+ ERA in the Big East.  That's nothing to make a big deal about.

CharlieHog

ESPN knows absolutely nothing about college baseball. But I loved Templeton saying they  "seriously considered" Notre Dame for a host.

Really Larry? You considered a 3 seed to host?

ESPN sucks.

hogfan064

Quote from: CharlieHog on May 29, 2006, 12:25:30 pm
ESPN knows absolutely nothing about college baseball. But I loved Templeton saying they  "seriously considered" Notre Dame for a host.

Really Larry? You considered a 3 seed to host?

ESPN sucks.

I mean if you're going to say ND deserves to host then tell me who they are going to take the place of?  Arkansas?  Ok the Hogs were a higher seed, higher RPI, played in a better conference, and have much better facilities.  ND has no case to make other than the arguement that they are a northern team.  And Kentucky is right next to Indiana. 

ballhog™

I hate it that evertime i want to watch espn classic college football on saturday morning they show noder dame.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Buck Ocean

Think like a Jedi

hogfan064

And what about Notre Dame picked as a sleeper team to win it all  Based on what?  That they won a second rate conference.

hogfan13

3kgthog

The ESPN love for ND baseball is just the tip of the iceberg. It's going to be twice as bad this fall now that ESPN received more ND football access from NBC. Expect several College Gameday visits to South Bend, more player interviews and Jabba the Weis interviews, and all the ND our little heads can handle without exploding. I cannot wait.  ::) :puke:

TXrazorback

ESPN does suck, unfortunately ND does not most of the time :puke:
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

LA HAWG

What I hate is that little prick from Stanford, Kyle Peterson.  He is the same guy that back when Arkansas won the SEC in 2004 said that we did not deserve a national seed and that LSU did.  He completely dogged Arkansas that year.  He is always banging the drum for Stanford and picked them to win it in 04.  It was great yesterday when he had to admit they didn't even make it.  He is a never-was baseball player who somehow got a gig on ESPN. ???

LA HAWG

Quote from: rzrbkman on May 29, 2006, 07:32:46 pm
Quote from: CharlieHog on May 29, 2006, 12:25:30 pm
ESPN knows absolutely nothing about college baseball.
ESPN may be Notre Dame lovers but they do so know something about college baseball and I appreciate them carrying the CWS from Omaha since 1981. They supported college baseball when no other television media outlet would

This is very true.  They have always supported College Baseball.

hogfan064

Quote from: 3kgthog on May 29, 2006, 02:42:07 pm
The ESPN love for ND baseball is just the tip of the iceberg. It's going to be twice as bad this fall now that ESPN received more ND football access from NBC. Expect several College Gameday visits to South Bend, more player interviews and Jabba the Weis interviews, and all the ND our little heads can handle without exploding. I cannot wait.  ::) :puke:

I have no problem with them promoting ND in football.  Heck, ND deserves it in football.  They will have a top team coming back and let's face it, they are the biggest name in college football history.

But in college baseball they are a top 40 team, not a top 5 team.  They don't have a storied college baseball program.  Their baseball program would probably line up beside Auburn's in the SEC.   

That would be like ESPN promoting Southern Cal in College Basketball.

CharlieHog

ESPN doesn't know jack about college baseball I don't care if they've carried it since the beginning of the sport. They follow college baseball two weeks a year and that's it.

LA HAWG

Quote from: CharlieHog on May 30, 2006, 07:40:05 am
ESPN doesn't know jack about college baseball I don't care if they've carried it since the beginning of the sport. They follow college baseball two weeks a year and that's it.

Very true as well.

hogfan064

Quote from: CharlieHog on May 30, 2006, 07:40:05 am

We'd be better off having Fox cover the CWS.  At least their regional guys cover games.

ESPN showed 1 regular season game this.  That was USC-Tenn in Columbia early this month. 

Yet, they'll show a softball game every weekend. 

NaturalStateReb

Too bad ND's baseball team couldn't face off in a round robin with the Yankees and the Red Sox. 

Now that would be a ESPN lovefest out of this world. 
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

heathshogs

Yes, ESPN has done as much for college baseball as they have for the Scripts-Howard Spelling Bee. They've showed their championship for many years. But outside that week they basically ignore it. Things did change some when ESPN found themselves without hockey for a year and they used College Baseball to fill time. I don't know why they can't find some guys that actually cover teh college game to help them get some knowledge abput the sport. It's not that hard to find out that the Notrh/Northeast is not where the best teams play. It's also not out west although there are a few good ones like Fullerton.  The game belongs to the ACC/SEC/Big 12 and a scattered group of other good schools in this region who win their conference almost every year.
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious