Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We got to win this regional

Started by hogfan064, May 29, 2006, 12:05:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan064

So I can go see the Hogs play in Clemson.  I was there in 2002 and I'll be there in 2006.  Hopefully this time things are better. Anyone else with me if we win our regional? 

Hollywood_HOGan

Man after we won game 1 that year, i thought we were in Omaha.

How in the world did we get matched up with them?

Gotta get out of fayetteville first though.

hogfan064

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on May 29, 2006, 12:16:25 pm
Man after we won game 1 that year, i thought we were in Omaha.

How in the world did we get matched up with them?

Gotta get out of fayetteville first though.

I actually posted yesterday that I thought that CLemson or Rice would be the reginoals we'd get matched with.   Clemson is very tough and are something like 20-1 in the past few weeks.  They've swept both Miami and FSU.  They took 3 of 4 from South Carolina.  They beat Big 12 tourney Champ Kansas twice.   It's a great atmosphere up their in CLemson and a nice park to watch a game.  Last time there were a couple hundred Hog fans that made the trip.  I hope we can do the same this time.

orange6

come on up to clemson.  our stadium has had a major facelift since 2002 and it has turned into a very nice facility.  the tigers are very strong at home this year.....15-0 in the acc at home  2-0 vs. the cocks and 1-0 vs. uga.  playing at kingsmore stadium is a huge boost for our omaha chances.  but first, we have msu in our regional.  any thoughts on the bulldogs?

hogfan064

Quote from: orange6 on May 29, 2006, 12:48:49 pm
come on up to clemson.  our stadium has had a major facelift since 2002 and it has turned into a very nice facility.  the tigers are very strong at home this year.....15-0 in the acc at home  2-0 vs. the cocks and 1-0 vs. uga.  playing at kingsmore stadium is a huge boost for our omaha chances.  but first, we have msu in our regional.  any thoughts on the bulldogs?

Well, I think you should worry about Elon also.  Didn't Elon beat the Tigers this year?  I knwo they beat USC and Auburn a couple times.   MSU-Clemson could've been an Omaha game 2 months ago, but for whatever reason the Dogs collapsed just like South Carolina did.   BTW what's up with the Hill on the warning track at Doug Kingsmore?

orange6

its baseball.....we are worried about everybody.  clemson beat elon twice this year, although in close games.  i know what elon has, i was just curious about msu.  as for the terrace (hill), it is still there, although it has been cut in half b/c of we shortened the fences.  the slope is not nearly as bad as it was in 2002.

chiefsfan

MSU doesnt have a whole lot of great pitching...but their offense is definately good enough to win the regional.  They can put up some runs.   We beat em 2 out of 3...but had to score like 7 runs every game to get a win...except for the game Schmidt pitched...

I know their one win over us was on a walkoff 2 run homer in the bottom of the 9th (It was at MSU)
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

mj4president

If we make it to play clemson (if they win their regional) will the hogs get to fly to the game? It is crap they have to drive everywhere.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

msudawgs64

Quote from: orange6 on May 29, 2006, 12:48:49 pm

Pitching has been a concern lately and actually part of the reason we cooled off big time though moving Justin Pigott out of the pen has been a very good move.  He should see the first game start or rather he would if I was the HC, though the thought would be that we could get a good start out of Dunn in the first game then use Pigott in the second round, but that assumes we win the first one, which is what makes regional baseball a tough coaching job, never assume you will win though I bet most coaches think like that, well at least the ones with pitching issues. LOL.  But back to Pigott.  Since moving out of the pen he has 4 starts, with 3 complete games, all wins and has a 1.30 ERA, 6-1 record in 17 games and 55 IP. One thing about him, he don't walk batters, has only 4 walks on the year.  Once we move past him though it gets a bit dicey, Brooks Dunn started strong then faltered, then got strong again, weird.  I see Dunn, Pigott getting starts for sure, then if we are still hanging around, hopefully Matt Lea or John Lalor.  Batting is not a problem though we do leave a lot of players on base in scoring position, just aggrevates me to death.  I would not consider ourselves a power hitting team, had 57 homeruns as a team, not exactly big power but more small ball, scored 411 runs on the year, so yeah, we can do that.  Got the SEC's leading hitter this year in SS Thomas Berkery <who defintely increased his draft status by coming back>, he ended up hitting at .393 for the year. Stadium matches up nicely for us as well, with Kingsmore at LF: 320, LC: 370, CF: 400, RC: 375, RF: 330, with ours LF: 330, LC: 376, CF: 390, RC: 374, RF: 326, so hopefully that might help our pitching.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

CharlieHog

They don't drive everywhere. They fly quite a bit, they just have to fly commercial. Which is the reason Sunday games always have curfews, so teams can make their flights.