Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wow LSU got totally jobbed....

Started by Hollywood_HOGan, May 29, 2006, 11:51:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hollywood_HOGan

The Miss. St athletic director (chairman of the NCAA championship) put his team in the field and DID NOT include LSU!!!

Some of their fans suck but gotta feel for them. They got jobbed severly!

LSU made the SECT and Beat #4 Alabama and MIss St did not even make it to Hoover.

Im glad they gave us a home regional but that sucks for LSU.

ballhog™

I don't think a person can talk or vote or be in the room when there team is discussed.  still surprised though
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Valerie

I'm with you, tho't every team from the tourney would make the regionals, maybe MS St too but for sure the top 8

Hollywood_HOGan

The MSU AD not being involved with their selection is a bunch of BS.

His presence definitly had an impact even if he didnt discuss it.

Total injustice that LSU got left out and MSU got in.

hogfan064

Well, if I'm not mistaken MSU did win the series against LSU this year

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 29, 2006, 12:06:54 pm

They didnt even make it to Hoover and LSU beat #4 Alabama in Hoover.

MSU AD is the chairman. Case closed. LSU got jobbed.

hogfan064

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on May 29, 2006, 12:09:42 pm

MSU would've made it to Hoover if it didn't have a game against UT rained out early in the season.  THey finished a .5 behind LSU and won the series against LSU.  Honestly MSU getting in over LSU isn't the problem I would have.  San Diego getting in over LSU is the problem.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 29, 2006, 12:12:15 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on May 29, 2006, 12:09:42 pm

MSU would've made it to Hoover if it didn't have a game against UT rained out early in the season.  THey finished a .5 behind LSU and won the series against LSU.  Honestly MSU getting in over LSU isn't the problem I would have.  San Diego getting in over LSU is the problem.

True but MSU's AD being in charge is what is so infuriating for LSU people.

LSU has probably the best baseball tradition, they should be in IMO.

I don't feel for some of their a-hole fans, i feel for their players and coaches.

Jim Harris

Quote from: ballhog on May 29, 2006, 11:53:58 am
I don't think a person can talk or vote or be in the room when there team is discussed.  still surprised though

You don't have "to be in the room." As the NCAA basketball selection committee showed, they not only pat each others' backs on the committee, they massage them. One's out of the room, another does that commissioner a favor, and vice versa.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Hawgballz

When was the last time a SECT team did not go to the NCAAT?  I have always followed the  :razorback:, but have not kept up with the other SEC teams as much.  GO  :razorback: GO
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Tammany Tom

Should LSU have made the regionals?  Maybe - Maybe Not.

A very good case could be made either way for LSU.

RPI of 38 says they belong. Losing 9 of the last 12 says they shouldn't have made it.

Making the SEC Tournament says LSU belongs. Backing in by losing a series to Florida (worst team in SEC) says they didn't belong.

Losing the series to Miss State (even though it was very early in year) says they shouldn't have made it. Winning series against Bama, Arkansas, and Houston says they should have made it.

LSU played an extremely weak out of conference schedule. Something that was never done when Skip was coach. This was the key determining factor why Miss State made it and LSU did not. Also, the Committee could not make LSU a 3 seed and 4 seeds traditionally go to smaller schools, so they felt LSU should be left out.

This is the first time in 17 years that LSU will not host a Regional. This is also the first time LSU has not made a regional since 1984. If it takes not making a regional to fire Smoke then it is the very best outcome. Even if LSU had made it, they would have been sent to the Rice Regional and would have been laid to rest very early.

pigture perfect

They may have gotten the shaft, but it was their turn.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

wincrimson

THE NCAA IS RUN BY HOMOPHOBES?!?! GAYJUN RIGHTS, BABY! GAYJUN RIGHTS!!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: wincrimson on May 29, 2006, 01:24:51 pm

Wow.

Now thats pretty funny.

GO HOGS!
GO SEC!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Can you post that pic of LSUfan and his "homie" in the Tavern please?
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

wincrimson

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on May 29, 2006, 02:17:53 pm

Can you post that pic of LSUfan and his "homie" in the Tavern please?

Will do.

chiefsfan

LSU didnt deserve to go.  They played an awful nonconference schedule.  And wouldnt have been in Hoover at all had Miss State not had to play Ole Miss and Kentucky right at the end of the year.  In addition to that rainout at home against Tennessee early in the year as well

Vandy didnt make the NCAA's despite being a 7 seed in the SEC tourney a couple years back...our 9th place team  (Auburn) went instead
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Art Vandalay

I thought Vandy made it in as a #2 seed.
My favorite sports team is superior to your favorite sports team.

wincrimson

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 29, 2006, 05:39:51 pm
LSU didnt deserve to go.  They played an awful nonconference schedule.  And wouldnt have been in Hoover at all had Miss State not had to play Ole Miss and Kentucky right at the end of the year.  In addition to that rainout at home against Tennessee early in the year as well

Vandy didnt make the NCAA's despite being a 7 seed in the SEC tourney a couple years back...our 9th place team  (Auburn) went instead

Nah, Florida finished 9th that year. You get a mulligan though.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Art Vandalay on May 29, 2006, 05:42:11 pm

They didnt a couple years ago

They did this year
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

justmakeit2thebcs

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on May 29, 2006, 11:51:46 am
The Miss. St athletic director (chairman of the NCAA championship) put his team in the field and DID NOT include LSU!!!

Some of their fans suck but gotta feel for them. They got jobbed severly!

LSU made the SECT and Beat #4 Alabama and MIss St did not even make it to Hoover.

Im glad they gave us a home regional but that sucks for LSU.

MSU has a higher RPI... beat LSU head to head...LSU lost 9 of 12 to end the season.  Wy must everyhting be a conspiracy?

NaturalStateReb

Who gives a crap?

Miss. State v. LSU = Go Injuries!
"It's a trap!"--Houston Nutt and Admiral Ackbar, although Ackbar never called that play or ate that frito pie.

hogfan064

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 29, 2006, 05:56:16 pm
Quote from: Art Vandalay on May 29, 2006, 05:42:11 pm

They didnt a couple years ago

They did this year

2003 was the year Vandy made the SEC tourney, but not the NCAA tourney.  Florida went instead as the #9 team

heathshogs

I'm not going to say oit's a conspiracy because I thought MSU deserved to get in. But "Whale's [CENSORED]" getting over LSU is stupid. 
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

toshortrock

LSU didn;t make it?i have a friend at work whos going to jump off the bridge
Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////