Previous topic - Next topic

WagesHog

ok state is the 1 in our regional

RebelHawg

and we are playing Oral Roberts

hogsrule44

play oral roberts then winner of Ok. State and Princton

RebelHawg

Also they said that Ok. State are the only #1 team to not host. That speaks alot of our fans and stadium.

TX HOG

This may seem like a stupid question:  Why are we hosting but OKST is the number 1 seed?

pork-e-pine

ok state didn't bid enough money or their stadium is not good enough to host the games.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

Juboar

Does that mean if we beat OSU we fall in line for the Super Regional?

Pig

and does this mean we are #17 nationally and will be paired with the clemson bracket?

HogCards88

Quote from: TX HOG on May 29, 2006, 11:38:38 am
This may seem like a stupid question:  Why are we hosting but OKST is the number 1 seed?
Ok St. has better record, similar RPI, therefore I think they deserve 1 seed. However, going to Fayetteville is much better for the student-athlete, than the dump that is Stillwater.

chiefsfan

Quote from: HogCards88 on May 29, 2006, 11:41:23 am
Quote from: TX HOG on May 29, 2006, 11:38:38 am
Ok St. has better record, similar RPI, therefore I think they deserve 1 seed. However, going to Fayetteville is much better for the student-athlete, than the dump that is Stillwater.

The official reason for this, and its a funny one.  There is a sigma chi fraternity convention in stillwater next weekend, they dont have enough hotel rooms for everyone...

We are the #17 seed in this tournament, and have Clemson as a super regional opponent
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

WagesHog

Quote from: Juboar on May 29, 2006, 11:40:44 am
Does that mean if we beat OSU we fall in line for the Super Regional?
no, we are paired with the clemson regional, they are the number 1 overall seed if we win our region, and clemson does as well we will go to clemson.
if clemson loses and we win we will host

WagesHog

lsu did not make the tourney

TX HOG

Okay, so us hosting the regional has nothing to do with our success, but only Baum being an A+ stadium.

Skip Foreplay

We lost to ORU,and beat OSU with a no hitter. we need to be out @ Baum in full Razorback force. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

ballhog™

LSU didn't make it...that's a shock.

I can't believe we aren't considered a top 16 team.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

WagesHog

Quote from: TX HOG on May 29, 2006, 11:47:29 am
Okay, so us hosting the regional has nothing to do with our success, but only Baum being an A+ stadium.
well if we sucked, we wouldn't host

nwarazfan

Well I was right last week, even though blasted for it, about saying we may not deserve a regional and that we could very likely drop to a 2 seed.  We got a regional because of $$$$$$$$$ first - Baum, our fans filling Baum and an inflated RPI and not so much because our team deserved it. 

pork-e-pine

No, we host because we are good enough. But since we are not quite good enough to be a 1 seed we needed help to get the hosting opportunity.  That help comes in the form of Ostate not wanting or being able to host.  Other places have great stadiums and don't host. We host because of the combination.
Winning is fun,
Losing is not;
But Id rather lose and have a good attitude than win and be like texas.
also...be nice, your mom could be reading this.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: nwarazfan on May 29, 2006, 11:50:32 am
Well I was right last week, even though blasted for it, about saying we may not deserve a regional and that we could very likely drop to a 2 seed.  We got a regional because of $$$$$$$$$ first - Baum, our fans filling Baum and an inflated RPI and not so much because our team deserved it. 

Hey, our team swept the #4 national seed and beat the most ranked teams in this conference.

Those guys deserve a host site.

This is a tough regional and will have some compelling matchups but this team can do it.

Just have to go out there and do it.

thehill1414

How can they put OSU over us after we no-hit them? They also just lost in the big 12 tourney 21-6...

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: pork-e-pine on May 29, 2006, 11:56:52 am
No, we host because we are good enough. But since we are not quite good enough to be a 1 seed we needed help to get the hosting opportunity.  That help comes in the form of Ostate not wanting or being able to host.  Other places have great stadiums and don't host. We host because of the combination.

Exactly. This team is actually pretty good. IF they would have just taken care of business on the midweek games, we might have had a #1 seed.

WagesHog

so... does schmidt throw against ORU???
i say no

thehill1414

I say we save him for OSU...pitch Seibert friday

WagesHog

Quote from: thehill1414 on May 29, 2006, 12:00:30 pm
i agree, or maday

Skip Foreplay

This is Charley Boyce time...I hope he refinds the magic. Can Eric Brown(the javelin thrower on our track team) throw a split?

chiefsfan

Im thinking throwing Maday or Boyce on Friday...  We only throw Schmidt against Okie state.  If we were to lose to ORU (How bout we not though) I cant imagine us throwing Schmidt against Princeton...   But ORU isnt gonna be easy...we've played these guys alot lately, and know alot about them...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

HogCards88

Quote from: thehill1414 on May 29, 2006, 11:57:24 am
How can they put OSU over us after we no-hit them? They also just lost in the big 12 tourney 21-6...
That OSU game was ONE preseason game! Not that big of a deal. By your reasoning Mo St. and ORU should be ahead of us.

We also didn't do so hot in our conference tourney.
We, the fans, got us this regional. And, the fact, that OSU resides in Stillwater, which is a dump.

Hollywood_HOGan

IM glad we're at home but ORU and OSU are definitly worthy opponents.

ANd if we make it out of Fayetteville, we get #1 Clemson! How in the world do we get matched up with the top team in the country?

Really tough draw there. If we get to Omaha somehow, we most def deserve it.

ballhog™

Start Schmidt the first game.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

Hawgballz

Dang, I would have much rather had the projected regional of about 3 days ago of us playing Lamar, Kansas & some eastern team in the regional and matching up with TexASS in the super regional than what we ended up with.  I didn't think the conference tournament would have a big effect on the seedings, but in our case it may have.  GO  :razorback: GO
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Skip Foreplay

Quote from: HogCards88 Pre season? non conference pre season  is not counted against your record.
thelink=topic=59955.msg752339#msg752339 date=1148922377

Quote from: thehill1414 on May 29, 2006, 11:57:24 am
That OSU game was ONE preseason game! Not that big of a deal. By your reasoning Mo St. and ORU should be ahead of us.

We also didn't do so hot in our conference tourney.
We, the fans, got us this regional. And, the fact, that OSU resides in Stillwater, which is a dump.

wincrimson

Anybody know who is in the Bama regional?

hogfan064

Quote from: wincrimson on May 29, 2006, 12:59:52 pm

#1 Alabama
#4 Jacksonville State

#3 Southern Miss
#2 Troy

Looks like a difficult reginoal

wincrimson

Quote from: hogfan064 on May 29, 2006, 01:11:57 pm

#1 Alabama
#4 Jacksonville State

#3 Southern Miss
#2 Troy

Frick. 3/4 teams in our regional are from Alabama. And Troy has already beaten us in a mid-week game...

TulsaHawg

Quote from: wincrimson on May 29, 2006, 01:15:48 pm

#1 Alabama
#4 Jacksonville State

#3 Southern Miss
#2 Troy

Frick. 3/4 teams in our regional are from Alabama. And Troy has already beaten us in a mid-week game...

Maybe that's why they call is a "Regional".

We've already played OSU and ORU. Beat the Pokes, and lost to ORU.

Princeton is in our "region" because our chancellor wants the UA to be the "Harvard of the South". ;)

Burnt Orange Sucks

I agree as well
TEXAS....NATIONAL FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS IN 70?71?72?73?74?75?76?77?78?79?80?81?82?83?84?85?86?87?88?89?90?91?92?93?94?95?96?97?98?99?00?01?02?03?04?05......wait, YES   05'

chiefsfan

#1 Alabama
#4 Jacksonville State

#3 Southern Miss
#2 Troy

Im picking Troy to come out of that regional.  They've got a heck of alot of hitting, decent starting pitching, and a great bullpen...

heathshogs

Let's be clear about this, we are hosting because we are #15 in the RPI, have perhaps the most wins in the country this year vs top 25 schools, and finished tied for 3rd in the SEC.
Bonus, we have perhaps the greatest stadium in the country and packed it last time they gave us post season play. 

In my mind OSU deserved to host and be a 1 seed but lost out due to apparently a hotel problem, Ole Miss rolling through the SECT, and the stupid move of giving Pepperdine a regional. I think the concession was to give them the 1 seed. I think had Ole Miss lost Sunday it might have been there. But since they won the SECT we got looked upon as the weakest SEC host.  If you look at the numbers a arguement can be easily made based on RPI, head-to-head win, and more wins against top 25/top 50 opponents that we should be ahead of OSU. But they are being rewarded for finishing 2nd in the Big 12.

I'm not going to worry about it too much because up until this week I kept thinking we'd have to play ORU here as a 4 seed. So the difference is not that big, except the other top contender OSU (I had predicted NC St as the 2 here) gets a much easier path to our meeting on Saturday.   

And I'm for Schmidt on Friday although I completely understand this idea that if we can't beat ORU with another pitcher, we are in trouble.
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious