Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heath says Townes has/had troubles....

Started by Ugly Uncle, May 28, 2006, 12:25:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugly Uncle

with his knees.

Heath says that Townes suffered from a knee injury for the whole season, and never complained.

I always thought Townes was a bit of a complainer...maybe he isn't as much as I thought.

http://www.ardemgaz.com/ShowStoryTemplate.asp?Path=ArDemocrat/2006/05/28&ID=Ar03301&Section=Sports

Also, in this article...pretty interesting about Steven Hill.
Retired Radio Host

Cresthog

That explains why he couldnt run fast enough to get back on defense huh?

Smithian

The only way we make the tourney next year is if him, Hill, Thomas, and Hunter(!) dominate. I have high hopes for our big men.

An old hog fanatic

I still think his biggest problem is somewhat higher up...between his ears!
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

Tomhog™

Quote from: Smithian on May 28, 2006, 01:20:23 pm
The only way we make the tourney next year is if him, Hill, Thomas, and Hunter(!) dominate. I have high hopes for our big men.

Washington, who should be eligible, should give some immediate fire under the rim.  I look forward to seeing him compete for some starting time...

musiccityhog

Quote from: Tomcat on May 28, 2006, 02:34:03 pm

Washington, who should be eligible, should give some immediate fire under the rim.  I look forward to seeing him compete for some starting time...
I agree!!! Washington is going to be alot better than people think!
Your name? Fletch F. Fletch
Your Address? Seven
Your occupation? I'm a Shepherd

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: musiccityhog on May 28, 2006, 04:49:37 pm
Quote from: Tomcat on May 28, 2006, 02:34:03 pm

I agree!!! Washington is going to be alot better than people think!

I really think McCowan might be better than people think also.
Retired Radio Host

Cure

People don't seem to recall that Cyrus McGowan was progressing during the season, until he got hurt, which lasted till the NCAA tourney. He has tremendous upside, hate to see he didn't get the redshirt, but he's going to provide a lot of help off next year. :razorback:
Team Economics
From Keynes to Friedman, we know what's up.

Pignominious

Quote from: Cure on May 28, 2006, 07:52:04 pm
People don't seem to recall that Cyrus McGowan was progressing during the season, until he got hurt, which lasted till the NCAA tourney. He has tremendous upside, hate to see he didn't get the redshirt, but he's going to provide a lot of help off next year. :razorback:

I was unaware he was hurt.  When did he get hurt?
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

Tomhog™

We do have to remember that out of that whole group, Washington will be the most likely NBA bound after college.  I say forget that he is a freshman and use him often if he is the best we've got...

If McGowan's the best, put him in.  If Hunter is, put him in.  I don't care who gets the PT, just put the 5 on the floor that will be the most productive on both sides of the ball...

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: uglyuncle on May 28, 2006, 12:25:55 pm
with his knees.

Heath says that Townes suffered from a knee injury for the whole season, and never complained.

I always thought Townes was a bit of a complainer...maybe he isn't as much as I thought.

http://www.ardemgaz.com/ShowStoryTemplate.asp?Path=ArDemocrat/2006/05/28&ID=Ar03301&Section=Sports

Also, in this article...pretty interesting about Steven Hill.

STan is big on having fresh legs. Why didn't he make Townes rest his knees?  You cannot have fresh legs if your knees are not fresh.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

stronguard

This sounds like an excuse to me.  I don't buy it.  Our loss to Sucknell was not the "Battle of Wounded Knee" , it was poor coaching, plain and simple.
Our best hope of making the NCAA tourney is for our players to win DESPITE the coaching. STANLEY is a tool.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.