Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Seems we are divided here's a poll about what we expect ie; your goals.

Started by NEAHAWG, May 25, 2006, 08:04:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

If you were setting the goals for our team what would you set for a season record?

14-0
32 (20.9%)
13-1
0 (0%)
12-1
2 (1.3%)
11-3
13 (8.5%)
10-3
28 (18.3%)
10-4
13 (8.5%)
9-4
37 (24.2%)
8-5
22 (14.4%)
7-6
4 (2.6%)
6-7
2 (1.3%)
5-7
0 (0%)
4-8
0 (0%)
3-9
0 (0%)
2-10
0 (0%)
1-11
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: May 30, 2006, 08:04:39 am

NEAHAWG

I put in nearly all the possicible records, of course I don't think the two extreams will receive many votes but I did want them to be available.  Poll runs for 5 days.  Try to do this if you were the AD and you were helping the Coach set goals for this year.  REALISTIC being the key.  Pretent the coach is a friend that you would like to keep and set something you could live with considering our talent.  The minimum acceptable performance standards.

wishyjoshy

This year, I would be ok with 8-5 with any coach other than Nutt.  He has gone too far in my book to be saved. 

sooie dog

It should be our goal to go 14-0.  That should be the teams goal.  Expecations from fans should not be that high but from a coach or AD they should set their goals to be the best.

wishyjoshy

Absolutely, but that probably isn't going to happen this upcoming year.  I would be unbelievably happy if we could win 14, and you're right, that should be the expectation set by the coaches.  I am just saying that anything below that is considered a not so good season.

CharlieHog

meanwhile, back in reality...winning record/bowl game/wash/rinse/repeat.

LA HAWG

I will be happy only with 10 or more wins.  However, I am sure most Hog fans will be perfectly happy with a 6-6 regular season and a loss in Shreveport or Nashville or Memphis.  :puke:

twistitup

If we were picking a season record we would like for the Hogs, why the He*l would we not want to go undefeated???
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

NEAHAWG

While I want 14-0 my goal is to win at least 9 games.  I guess I should have said minimum results you could live with.

longtimeHogfan

6 'W's and dale is gone, no matter whose fault it is. :'(  7 buys him another year whether we like it or not. :'(   8 and the majority of Hog fans will be smiling after last year. :-\  9 or more and GM and RH will get the credit, but Dale will be SEC coach of the year, receive offers from several programs (one of which he'll take), and everybody wins. :D  Let's hope for 9 or more.  I predict 10.  MM will run the 'O' with a scheme he already knows, we have a balanced game plan and a salty 'D' and Dale will be gone.  Life is good.     ;D
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

hogsNbeer

I agree with the other poster..... The ultimate goal of a team should be to go undefeated every season...I mean, if you think about it, how it would it look if you were an AD saying ok coach, it's ok for us to lose so many games..?   That's absurd.....   TEAM GOAL should always be national championship... But I also agree with the poster that says no matter, NUTT has used up his time here..... :puke:

FLKeysGuy

Gus said in the commencement speech at the SHS graduation "always set your goals beyond what you think is possible" (or something very similar).  14-0 baby!

hog caller

expect perfection and you will get average. hope for average and they will exceed your expectations every time. so lets expect perfection and just be a solid good football team that's all i ask for every down just good sound play from everyone.the rest will take care of itself. makes me want to lay the wood on sombody. go hogs

NEAHAWG

Quote from: hog caller on May 25, 2006, 10:04:28 am
expect perfection and you will get average. hope for average and they will exceed your expectations every time. so lets expect perfection and just be a solid good football team that's all i ask for every down just good sound play from everyone.the rest will take care of itself. makes me want to lay the wood on sombody. go hogs
I just want to win. 

HatfieldHog

Everyone's gonna approach this from the "one game at a time" thought process, and that's OK, that's how the team will look at it.  I think that 9-4 would be a goal that I could set if I were Broyles and Nutt, but I also think that reality says 7-6. 

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

big boes

i say 10 wins, including a bowl victory.  after back-to-back losing seasons nutt ought to be able to deliver us something significant.  a 10-win season (which he has never done and hasn't been done since the 80's) and bowl victory (which seems almost as rare) would go a long way toward taking the sting out of 9-13.

ps - and it should start on september 2 by making us forget 70-17.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: hog caller on May 25, 2006, 10:04:28 am
expect perfection and you will get average. hope for average and they will exceed your expectations every time.

The last two years have proven that, right?  Two years of average expectations, two years of subpar performances.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

Ugly Uncle

I voted 14-0 before I read any of this thread.

We should never expect or easily accept a loss.
Retired Radio Host

hogfancb

ballhog™

Everyone's goal is to win them all.  I think 10-3 would be a realistic and good season that we could achieve.
Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

TOM "tbw1"

We will go 6-6, 7-5 and most Hogs fans will blindly follow HDN another year.  We have always been next year.
Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

three

Goals are different than predictions.  The GOAL should ALWAYS be perfection.  I had a coach in high school, and someone else who isn't MY coach, but is a coach at UA, tell me "If you demand perfection, you'll get the closes thing to it."

It reminds me of a story Steve Young has told about 49ers practices with Bill Walsh and Joe Montana.  Walsh would stop practices when Joe threw a pass that was behind the receiver, too far in front, too low, too high, etc.  Steve said passing drills would take forever because Walsh was so particular.  But, once Young started playing he understood.  You wont be perfect in a game, but if you practice to be perfect, you'll get as close to perfection as you can.  If you as a coach or AD expect perfection, not just record-wise, but in all aspects of the program on and off the field, you get the closest thing to it from your team.  I'm not sure this team can make a bowl, but if you demand perfection,  they'll maximize their potential and surprise even themselves with the success they could have.

Won't happen though, it's not Nutt's style.  A real shame!
Worrying is like a rocking chair...it gives you something to do, but you don't get anywhere.

pigfoot

Goals should be realistic.  14 - 0 is not.  That's pie in the sky.  If you lose the first game to USC, your goal is unattainable.  I think 10 wins is more realistic.  Then, let's hope we surpass our goal.
"...the word, even the most contradictory word, preserves contact.  It is silence which isolates."  Thomas Mann

Extra Point

Actuallly, it seems we have no idea about grammar and punctuation!

Forgive me but I was tops in my English Comp classes in Fedvul.

NEAHAWG

Quote from: Extra Point on May 28, 2006, 03:35:06 am

Actuallly, it seems we have no idea about grammar and punctuation!

Forgive me but I was tops in my English Comp classes in Fedvul.
Not much really, I would give you my password so you could correct but that might bite me in the butt.  I'll settle for giving you a +1 for noticing it.  Spelling is not a strong suit either.  At least I didn't make a mistake with here, by using hear.  I miss there and their some as well.

twistitup

Quote from: pigfoot on May 27, 2006, 05:44:30 pm
Goals should be realistic.  14 - 0 is not.  That's pie in the sky.  If you lose the first game to USC, your goal is unattainable.  I think 10 wins is more realistic.  Then, let's hope we surpass our goal.

If we lose to USC, we make another goal for the remainder of the season. Just because you have a tough game, you don't chalk it up as an automatic loss- that is a losers mentality. Maybe that is problem in general.

14-0 is the only goal we should have. Defeat strengthens the person, but we should not expect/accept it- just learn from it.

twistitup

Quote from: Hogmania on May 28, 2006, 11:39:40 am
My goal is to see a successful coach in the place of the current coach by the beginning of spring practice.

That would be nice. I am in  favor lf any goal that would lead to more W's at the end of the year.

hoggystyle78

The goal ever year should be to go undefeated, if not why in the hell are you coaching or playing for?, now is it a realistic goal for this team to go undefeated?, I would say probably not, but you still strive to be the best, and besides, this time of year every team is undefeated and has reason to be optimistic. I sure as hell wouldn't want a coach who tells his team," well guys as long as we win more than we lose and go to a bowl game that should be our goal." You'll excuse me if I say BULLSCHITT!, youy try to win them all, you plan to win them all, and if you don't, you adapt and make your goal to win the rest of them. Give me a HC who expects to win em all.

ckhawgu

The goal every year is to go UNDEFEATED, 14-0! Who wants to play for, or for that matter even listen to someone with a "losing is alright" mentality as long as we can get to a crappy bowl game? That stinks! Play for Undefeated seasons & BCS Championships! So just get the frick out of our way because we're kicking this door down and taking OUR MNC title & trophy to RRS!