Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Road to Omaha: RPI And Resume Thread

Started by SPAL, February 16, 2018, 03:27:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SPAL

February 16, 2018, 03:27:07 pm Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 11:11:08 pm by sir-pigs-a-lot
3.  Arkansas 33-13(14-8)
SOS= (5)
Record against:
1-50:  14-8
51-100: 8-3
101-150 2-1
151-297 : 9-1

Previous and upcoming Opponents RPI to date:
218 Bucknell
52 Arizona
193 Cal Poly
48 San Diego St.
97 San Diego
221 Dayton
116 Southern Cal
64 Kent State
26 Texas
14 Kentucky
91 Charlotte
1 Florida
190 Memphis
10 Mississippi
197 ULM
7 Auburn
278 Grambling
43 south Carolina
56 Missouri State
35 Mississippi State
5 Texas Tech
80 Alabama
57 LSU
17 TAMU
6 Georgia

BroyledNutts

Might need to sticky this ... it's getting buried.

SPAL

Once it becomes more relevant, I'll mention that it's been updated.

bjeffersonhog

Might be helpful to have a link to the RPI  on here as well.

HamIAm

February 22, 2018, 08:37:20 am #4 Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 08:48:56 am by HamIAm
Where are you finding RPI ratings this early?  The only one's I see are last years. The NCAA and Div1Baseball sites neither have RPI's up yet.

This has me totally confused.  I thought Arizona was supposed to be the better team than Bucknell.

Massey's composite rankings through Sunday Feb 18 has:   Arkansas #5, Arizona #24,   Bucknell 264
https://www.masseyratings.com/cbase/compare.htm

Sonny Moore (I'm not familiar with this one but found it on a google search) through Sunday had : Arizona # 7,  Arkansas #14, Bucknell #276

http://sonnymoorepowerratings.com/cbase.htm

Edit:  I think I found it on Warren Nolan's individual team page for Arkansas. It still makes no sense though.  Look at Bucknell's page, it has them 0-0 against group 1 teams and 0-3 against group 2.  So they consider us group 2?

Edit 2: I guess it's just too early for any reliable ratings, I found where they dropped us from #12 to #78 in one week based on playing Bucknell.

soso

Arizona is the best 179th team I have ever seen!

razorbackfan86

Quote from: soso on February 22, 2018, 08:50:53 am
Arizona is the best 179th team I have ever seen!

I was just thinking the same thing.

SPAL

Again, rpi means crap right now. This thread makes more sense when SEC play starts and talking about postseason. In April and May, this thread will be fun to look back on see who we've played. Of course, you can see the same stuff on Warren Nolan's website but I like making it easy for you to be involved in EI without having to go somewhere else for content.

razorbackfan86

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on February 22, 2018, 11:39:57 am
Again, rpi means crap right now. This thread makes more sense when SEC play starts and talking about postseason. In April and May, this thread will be fun to look back on see who we've played. Of course, you can see the same stuff on Warren Nolan's website but I like making it easy for you to be involved in EI without having to go somewhere else for content.

Thanks for the explanation - i figured it didn't mean much right now.

Rockhawg

Does Warren Nolan still have us predicted to go 56 - 0 ? That is some funny stuff right there! Until proven otherwise, this is the Best Razorback Baseball Team EVER. We of course will not go 56-0 with playing in the SEC, but, without any injuries, we will have an incredible season, IMO. We are LOADED, including our Coaching Staff.

CJ HOG

Quote from: Rockhawg on February 22, 2018, 03:38:59 pm
Does Warren Nolan still have us predicted to go 56 - 0 ? That is some funny stuff right there! Until proven otherwise, this is the Best Razorback Baseball Team EVER. We of course will not go 56-0 with playing in the SEC, but, without any injuries, we will have an incredible season, IMO. We are LOADED, including our Coaching Staff.

They dropped us to 53-3 and a predicted rpi of #2 for some reason... Who knows what logarithm goes into that jazz this early in the season. I do like checking out the predictive measures on several teams just to see how they're tracking early, as well as the Hogs of course.

It's cool to have the Razorbacks so high atm, hopefully the wins pile up and we can fortify the high ranking. Go Hogs!

SPAL

SPAL

SPAL

Up 62 spots to #76 following the southern Cal victory. I'll update upon completion of all games.

SPAL

Up to #51 after today's victory. Will update upon completion of all games.

rljjr

Hard to believe USC was picked to finish in the lower 3rd of the PAC. That's a pretty good ball team with solid pitching and if they continue to field as well as they do they will be a tough out in that conference.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: rljjr on March 04, 2018, 06:51:20 pm
Hard to believe USC was picked to finish in the lower 3rd of the PAC. That's a pretty good ball team with solid pitching and if they continue to field as well as they do they will be a tough out in that conference.
Agreed. A lot better ball club than I expected.

SPAL

Quote from: rljjr on March 04, 2018, 06:51:20 pm

Oregon State behind Madrigal, stanford behind Bubic should be the top 2 contenders.....then, Arizona, Cal, UCLA and Orgeon will be tough for USC to chase down....they played well against us, pitched us well, played good baseball but for them to compete in the P12, they will need to keep playing that way ,

SPAL

WizardofhOgZ

...our RPI actually DROPPED a few places...

We REALLY need to quit scheduling these bottom-feeder non-conference games if we want to host a super regional.

Ha ha ha....feels good to say that.

Joking aside, I believe this will be a good win by the time the season is over. Now, we need to take care of business tomorrow. Don't know that much about the pitcher they will have starting, but his numbers are much stronger than the guy they put out there tonight. Might be a much tighter game.

pigture perfect

I'm sure it will be a little tougher tomorrow.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

SPAL

howie76

Bahahahaa! Love it... +1 to you sir

KevinOMReb

Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

rightdp

Quote from: WizardofhOgZ on March 13, 2018, 10:39:33 pm
...our RPI actually DROPPED a few places...

We REALLY need to quit scheduling these bottom-feeder non-conference games if we want to host a super regional.

Ha ha ha....feels good to say that.

Joking aside, I believe this will be a good win by the time the season is over. Now, we need to take care of business tomorrow. Don't know that much about the pitcher they will have starting, but his numbers are much stronger than the guy they put out there tonight. Might be a much tighter game.

Who are the starting pitchers today?

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 14, 2018, 05:46:17 am
Rpi moved up 1 spot

That's interesting. I checked before making the OP last night, and we were in the 40's. It did show us being 12-4, so - I thought - included the win over Texas. I guess I caught the site in the middle of being updated?

Oh well. Regardless, playing/beating Texas will pay dividends at the end of the season, when it counts. I'm not concerned about where we stand right now.

And Texas Tech, who we will see in a few weeks, currently sits on top of the RPI rankings. Kentucky, who we host this weekend, just took 2 of 3 from the Red Raiders. So, our SOS will take care of itself. It invariably does, after we've gone through the SEC schedule. But our out of conference schedule will enhance it even further this season.

woodhog14

WizardofhOgZ

Just for grins, I took a look at what Warren Nolan's site (very accurate estimator of real RPI) projection for the rest of our season.  Looks like he predicts us to end the season on a 31 game winning streak, LOL . . .

http://warrennolan.com/baseball/2018/team-predict-schedule?team=Arkansas

:o

SPAL

Supermark101

It had us undefeated after the first weekend

SPAL

Sho Nuff

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on March 17, 2018, 10:18:51 am
Rpi to 16 following Fridays win.
What was our RPI before Friday's game?  Seems like we took quite a leap!

jry04

Quote from: Sho Nuff on March 17, 2018, 01:03:55 pm
Mid 20s. Last I saw it was at 24 while our game was in progress.

SPAL

Quote from: Sho Nuff on March 17, 2018, 01:03:55 pm

32 before the win.

TebowHater

Up to 11 after game 1 today.

Ole Miss just above as 10. They are 17-2. Auburn is 1st at 18-1.

SPAL

Updated....

Texas with two wins against Kansas jumps over 50 spots and sits at 52

SPAL

Up to #6 after the series with Kentucky.

litmachog

tennesseehogwild

Northeastern hanging tough in the RPI at #2. :)

litmachog

Sho Nuff

SPAL

HamIAm

Sho Nuff

jbell96

Quote from: HamIAm on March 26, 2018, 11:09:09 am
Record against 1-50 should be 7-2
No, 8-2 is correct.

3 vs UK (20)
2 vs Texas (40)
1 vs UF (9)
1 vs OM (7)
1 vs SDSU (38)

SPAL

Our non con is really trash at this point. But, we are getting huge bumps in SOS in conference. SDSU and Texas are solid right now. I'm not sure either can sustain it.

Kevin

I think the non con teams will come around. Plus still have Texas tech and Missouri state.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Kevin

Remember it is about winning. Look at the trash schedule ole miss has played but they are 3rd in rpi.

As I have said for years. The formula is a joke