Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Gundy: I wasn't aware...

Started by Michael_E_Davis, October 22, 2017, 10:50:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael_E_Davis

That one of his sons attends the University of Arkansas.  How many knew that?   His son might be able to convince him to replace Bielema.  I think Mike Gundy would be a great hire.
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

WalHog2018

YES! I would throw the kitchen sink at him. Would be a home run hire. Anyone who disagrees is not a football guy.

The OTR

Grundy isn't going anywhere. 

Right now the only person in the universe I trust about this coaching change is Mr. Iron Mike Irwin himself. 

Until Mike says CBB is gone I'm not going to believe it.

And until he says who the next coach is I'm not going to even acknowledge posts like this.  Guess you could say I'm boycotting coaching speculation threads. Plus Wilson outlawed these types of threads several weeks ago so you are in direct violation of that law at this time.

Let's get this kind of thing cleaned up in here and have some law and order this week for once.  We need to get ready for ol miss and that is all there is to it.  Need a win here boys and this kind of nonsense is getting old quick with the bosses here.

Marshfieldhog

Tusks

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 22, 2017, 11:06:33 pm

Right now the only person in the universe I trust about this coaching change is Mr. Iron Mike Irwin himself. 

And until he says who the next coach is I'm not going to even acknowledge posts like this.  Guess you could say I'm boycotting coaching speculation threads. Plus Wilson outlawed these types of threads several weeks ago so you are in direct violation of that law at this time.

Let's get this kind of thing cleaned up in here and have some law and order this week for once.  We need to get ready for ol miss and that is all there is to it.  Need a win here boys and this kind of nonsense is getting old quick with the bosses here.

In Porkatarian you must trust.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

OneTuskOverTheLine™

For an alter ego trolling machine you make sense. You are gonna wind up with your Girlfriend Stephanie Greene in the land of forgotten trolls if you don't make with the schtick and leave the real football analysis to  us experts...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

kodiakisland

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 22, 2017, 10:50:40 pm
That one of his sons attends the University of Arkansas.  How many knew that?   His son might be able to convince him to replace Bielema.  I think Mike Gundy would be a great hire.

Does his son have the power to do that?
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

kodiakisland

Not saying it's so, but it is possible someone on the hill will make a decision without telling Mike first.
If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Michael_E_Davis

Quote from: kodiakisland on October 22, 2017, 11:20:29 pm
Does his son have the power to do that?

I dunno.  I have a daughter,  and she can about convince me to do anything for her.  That is why I am always broke. :)
"I struggled through many problems in my life, most of which never happened." -Unknown

kodiakisland

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 22, 2017, 11:28:06 pm
I dunno.  I have a daughter,  and she can about convince me to do anything for her.  That is why I am always broke. :)

Copy that.

synthartist69

OMG.... I wanted Gundy when they hired BB..... love his offenses

kodiakisland

Plus, If Gundy was our coach, my high school pictures would become cool again.

IMABIELEMA

Let's not be delusional here.  Gundy is at his dream school already and it's currently a better program.

HogimusMaximus

Mike Irwin doesn't know anything about this and Mike Gundy isnt going anywhere.

presidenthog

Quote from: IMABIELEMA on October 22, 2017, 11:37:15 pm
Let's not be delusional here.  Gundy is at his dream school already and it's currently a better program.

He would have came last time. We chose Bert instead.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: kodiakisland on October 22, 2017, 11:34:57 pm
Plus, If Gundy was our coach, my high school pictures would become cool again.

Good lawd...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

The Kig

Grundy coaches a top 10 team in a weak conference.   Why on earth would he want this job?  Smart people don't take demotions.
Poker Porker

The OTR

Quote from: kodiakisland on October 22, 2017, 11:21:52 pm
Not saying it's so, but it is possible someone on the hill will make a decision without telling Mike first.

No that is not possible.

twistitup

Easy name to spell and pronounce

Just don't call him Ike Grundy- many will get upset
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

hawgon

Gundy would have come but he has pretty much outlived and outlasted T. Boone (89 now) and things are looking up.

PonderinHog

It looks to me like Gumby just wants to a cowboy.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

OneTuskOverTheLine™

HoggyCat

Quote from: IMABIELEMA on October 22, 2017, 11:37:15 pm

Coaches leave their dream school to pursue more viable options that help them achieve their goals all the time..... hell, Bert's predecessor left his Alma mater to coach Arkansas.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: twistitup on October 23, 2017, 06:43:06 am
Easy name to spell and pronounce

Just don't call him Ike Grundy- many will get upset

pigz

Quote from: Michael_E_Davis on October 22, 2017, 11:28:06 pm

This I can agree with.
You guys have a good time frig dancing

SemperFi

The mullet can stay put in Stillwater. He's a good coach, but not SEC good and with him as the Head Hog we would just continue on down the same path as we've been traveling since Harley Gate.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

IMABIELEMA

Quote from: HoggyCat on October 23, 2017, 06:52:57 am
Coaches leave their dream school to pursue more viable options that help them achieve their goals all the time..... hell, Bert's predecessor left his Alma mater to coach Arkansas.
Arkansas is NOT a step up from OK State. 

go hogues

He already turned us down once.

Next.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

ICEman

"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

widespreadsooie

I would guess there's a good chance Gundy's son thinks his dad has something really good going at OK St. and that he'd probably like to keep that going.

Redhogs

Quote from: go hogues on October 23, 2017, 08:05:55 am
He already turned us down once.

Next.
No he did not..he wanted the job...Long turned him down and hired Bert instead. Pickins and him were at each other's throats at the time. That ship has long sailed.....
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

clutch

Quote from: Redhogs on October 23, 2017, 08:31:55 am
No he did not..he wanted the job...Long turned him down and hired Bert instead. Pickins and him were at each other's throats at the time. That ship has long sailed.....

Of course that's what everyone on here wants to think now, looking back at it. It's far more likely though that he used us to get another raise. I don't think he ever had any intention of coming here.

The Kig

Petrino went to the University of Atlanta Falcons?   
Poker Porker

Michael_E_Davis

HotlantaHog

Gundy's son is probably going to school away from his father because he wants to have a little separation from his parents, no matter how much he loves them.

I don't think the fact that he is going to Arkansas is a reason for his father to move here. It may be a reason for him not to come here.

thebignasty

Grundy doesn't get along with T.Boone.  Maybe that tainted relationship opens some doors.

thebignasty

Quote from: HotlantaHog on October 23, 2017, 09:26:33 am
Gundy's son is probably going to school away from his father because he wants to have a little separation from his parents, no matter how much he loves them.

I don't think the fact that he is going to Arkansas is a reason for his father to move here. It may be a reason for him not to come here.
Grundy coming here would be the ultimate parent move.

PonderinHog

Quote from: thebignasty on October 23, 2017, 09:41:56 am
Grundy coming here would be the ultimate parent move.
Deja vu all over again ???

rwspear

Quote from: The Kig on October 23, 2017, 08:45:14 am
Petrino went to the University of Atlanta Falcons?   

I was also confused...

hawgon

Quote from: thebignasty on October 23, 2017, 09:41:16 am
Grundy doesn't get along with T.Boone.  Maybe that tainted relationship opens some doors.

It did and it would have...five years ago.  We could have had him then.  T. Boone is 89  is and much less involved.

RME

Well, he does refer to his mullet as "The Arkansas Waterfall."

Isn't that basically the same as Gruden wearing a red tie?

Book it.

rhames

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 23, 2017, 10:05:16 am
Well, he does refer to his mullet as "The Arkansas Waterfall."

Isn't that basically the same as Gruden wearing a red tie?

Book it.

ALL THINGS GUNDY MERGED
"I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"

"Can we get some waffles after we get some ass?" - Aunt Tiffany Freeman

Quote from: Hamdsome 1 on September 05, 2023, 06:43:26 pmSTHU. I get in more steps per day, at work, than you could possibly fathom.
The only down time my legs see is when seated in 1st Class.

Grizzlyfan

How is Arkansas a more viable option for Gundy to achieve his goals?

Hayduke

As an OSU fan, I can assure you he will not be leaving for Arkansas or anywhere else any time soon. He just signed a new contract that automatically renews, in effect making Gundy the OSU coach in perpetuity.

When he flirted with Arkansas, A&M, and Tennessee he had Jimmy Sexton as his agent and it was a ploy to get a new contract (that was two contracts ago now). He scrapped Sexton right afterwards. He's making $4.2 million this year and it increases annually.

Things certainly can and do happen, but I wouldn't count on it here.

TNRazorbacker

Gundy isn't leaving, but he'll be happy to waste our time in the courtship. Thats his MO. I don't blame him, It keeps his superiors at Okie State from taking things for granted.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Hayduke on October 23, 2017, 10:24:25 am
As an OSU fan, I can assure you he will not be leaving for Arkansas or anywhere else any time soon. He just signed a new contract that automatically renews, in effect making Gundy the OSU coach in perpetuity.

When he flirted with Arkansas, A&M, and Tennessee he had Jimmy Sexton as his agent and it was a ploy to get a new contract (that was two contracts ago now). He scrapped Sexton right afterwards. He's making $4.2 million this year and it increases annually.

Things certainly can and do happen, but I wouldn't count on it here.

But he flirted hard last time because of the rocky relationship with T Boone Pickens. That relationship is not a lot better today. UA has cleaned that up under Jeff Long - the heavy hitters don't have a key code that provides access to every office at any time.

You might recall that Gundy was leaked as UA's coach after Smile. Twenty minutes later we score Bielema. Folks didn't think we could get Gundy and they thought Bielema even more of a longshot. Both were ours for the taking. Don't underestimate our options, but don't think we can land ANYONE just because we want them.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

jkstock04

Quote from: Oklahawg on October 23, 2017, 10:41:35 am
But he flirted hard last time because of the rocky relationship with T Boone Pickens. That relationship is not a lot better today. UA has cleaned that up under Jeff Long - the heavy hitters don't have a key code that provides access to every office at any time.

You might recall that Gundy was leaked as UA's coach after Smile. Twenty minutes later we score Bielema. Folks didn't think we could get Gundy and they thought Bielema even more of a longshot. Both were ours for the taking. Don't underestimate our options, but don't think we can land ANYONE just because we want them.
Gundy was ours for the taking? lol I'm not buying it. Just following the timeline between love letters and everything else it's obvious there was never any other choices other than Bielema.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Oklahawg

Quote from: jkstock04 on October 23, 2017, 10:47:05 am
Gundy was ours for the taking? lol I'm not buying it. Just following the timeline between love letters and everything else it's obvious there was never any other choices other than Bielema.

Gundy asked to be interviewed. You don't ask unless you are willing to take the job. Too risky for Gundy.

There were at least two others who were invited to interview besides CBB.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Wildhog

Have to admit, I'm a little terrified of Long making this hire. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977