Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Losing is one thing, this coaching staff is not competitive

Started by Lanny, October 22, 2017, 08:45:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on October 22, 2017, 01:32:50 pm
True.  Can't see him getting any comparable offers.  With his track record it's unlikely any other school would think he's worth what he's getting paid here.

It would be a step back.  Some scenario like Matt Campbell getting a better job and Bielema gets extremely lucky with ISU.  Or ISU hires a MAC coach and BB goes there.  He could probably take a season off, do some tv, spend time with his baby and figure out how he is going to rebuild his career from this dumb decision to try this at Arkansas. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Roaringboar

Arkansas won't win an SEC game.....After last night, I don't believe that this team has the heart to win our remaining five except for CC....At the end of the day we will finish 3-9, 2-10, and Ole Bert will have to go, no way Long or the BOT risk losing the fans....Those new seats are going to look awfully​ empty next season of something doesn't change.....
Let's all get aboard the LANE TRAIN BABY!!!! CHOOO-CHOOO!!!

Piggfoot

Quote from: elksnort on October 22, 2017, 08:56:36 am
If he is allowed to return next season then clearly the University of Arkansas has decided that don't care about winning at football. And furthermore, have no pride.
Getting blasted every Saturday night on national tv surely can not be good for the University's overall brand.
What brand? That's already been trashed with the constant uniform changes and logo changes.
What has giving in to the whims of recruits done for us. Nothing. We should go back to the 1964 uniform and challenge recruits to live up to those standards.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 01:09:37 pm
He doesn't, nobody outside of about 5 people know anything, and we don't even know for sure who those 5 people are, lol.
I know. This board is full of folks who must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night

ricepig

Quote from: Roaringboar on October 22, 2017, 01:41:18 pm
Arkansas won't win an SEC game.....After last night, I don't believe that this team has the heart to win our remaining five except for CC....At the end of the day we will finish 3-9, 2-10, and Ole Bert will have to go, no way Long or the BOT risk losing the fans....Those new seats are going to look awfully​ empty next season of something doesn't change.....

I doubt it will be the new seats being empty, probably the upper decks.

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 01:44:27 pm
I doubt it will be the new seats being empty, probably the upper decks.
on the other hand a brand new coach and staff would pump a lot of energy into the program for sure. People just want hope

rude1

Quote from: Piggfoot on October 22, 2017, 01:42:39 pm
What brand? That's already been trashed with the constant uniform changes and logo changes.
What has giving in to the whims of recruits done for us. Nothing. We should go back to the 1964 uniform and challenge recruits to live up to those standards.
Give it a rest, take off your 1964 glasses and look around at TODAY'S game, lots of programs are experimenting with their uniforms and colors, we aren't Alabama, Penn. St., or the other handful of programs who can just stand pat, we have to step outside the box in order to draw kids attention to wanting to play here. Whether the ole timers like the look or not, it is done to appeal to today's youth, and at least IMO it is a positive effort in trying to stay current. Now if we could just use that philosophy with the offense.........

ricepig

Quote from: elksnort on October 22, 2017, 01:47:30 pm
on the other hand a brand new coach and staff would pump a lot of energy into the program for sure. People just want hope

So.....would you buy season tickets if they hired Tim Horton?

thebignasty

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 01:50:05 pm

ricepig says it's Tim Horton- confirmed
Quote from: IronHog on March 22, 2016, 02:08:54 pm
They shoot family in Bama
But they win
Quote from: nuttless hog on January 13, 2021, 04:03:02 pm
take me almost all day to get it up to ride it 5 minutes

ricepig

Quote from: thebignasty on October 22, 2017, 01:52:17 pm

Lol, that's what PRJ told me, take it to the bank!!

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: Poker_hog on October 22, 2017, 08:59:53 am
Almost but not quite.  The path to 6 wins is still there. Long won't fire bert if he wins 4 out of the last 5. 

The path may still be there, but I'm afraid the capability is really not. Unlikely were are in the game against LSU and MSU.

Bubba's Bruisers

Brilliant!!!  1964!  That's it!
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

oldhog63

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 22, 2017, 09:47:22 am
He ain't going this year unless He has had enough. Jeff won't fire him this year.

PRJ
Speaking of which, and I know it is part of his job, but at least Bielema is facing the fire. Where is the architect of this whole mess? Long has completely disappeared. Can't get rid Bielema soon enough, but honestly, if I had could only choose one of them to get rid of, I would pick Long. What a coward!

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 01:56:07 pm

No I didn't. Once damn again, I said a certain element wants Tim Horton. So retract the statement. I know you are smarter than that. I never said Tim Horton was the next coach. Only that a certain handful of money wanted Tim. And you know that.

PRJ

hamARchy in the USA

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on October 22, 2017, 01:38:07 pm
It would be a step back.  Some scenario like Matt Campbell getting a better job and Bielema gets extremely lucky with ISU.  Or ISU hires a MAC coach and BB goes there.  He could probably take a season off, do some tv, spend time with his baby and figure out how he is going to rebuild his career from this dumb decision to try this at Arkansas. 

My reference actually was to Long but it does apply to Bielema just the same.  They're in the same boat.  Should they both be let go it'll be interesting to see which falls further.

Piggfoot

Quote from: rude1 on October 22, 2017, 01:49:57 pm
Give it a rest, take off your 1964 glasses and look around at TODAY'S game, lots of programs are experimenting with their uniforms and colors, we aren't Alabama, Penn. St., or the other handful of programs who can just stand pat, we have to step outside the box in order to draw kids attention to wanting to play here. Whether the ole timers like the look or not, it is done to appeal to today's youth, and at least IMO it is a positive effort in trying to stay current. Now if we could just use that philosophy with the offense.........
Well pards your changing ways is not working.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: hamARchy in the USA on October 22, 2017, 02:12:07 pm
My reference actually was to Long but it does apply to Bielema just the same.  They're in the same boat.  Should they both be let go it'll be interesting to see which falls further.

I would think BB although not sure there is an AD carousel to the extent there is an annual coaching carousel creating openings. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Piggfoot

Quote from: rude1 on October 22, 2017, 01:49:57 pm

oldhog63

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on October 22, 2017, 11:30:43 am
Politley disagree.  I took a business trip out of the country, the company I went to sponsored a soccer team.  We were invited to a game.  Bottom line they want to wine and dine the clients.  Its always a better time if the home team wins but corporations are not paying for those seats for the love of the game. 
Soccer games are rarely blow-outs. When half the stadium leaves at half and is almost completely empty at the end of the third quarter, then I doubt the clients have been entertained. We are not competitive enough at this point to make the games interesting, much less entertain anyone.

hamARchy in the USA

Totally agree with you in principle.  The program is adrift.  It badly needs leadership that sets the bar high. 

berryhog

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 01:56:07 pm

And to think that all of these years I've given the credit to you for being "in the know", but in reality you've been getting your info from prj.  This changes everything!    ;D

ricepig

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 22, 2017, 02:10:34 pm
No I didn't. Once damn again, I said a certain element wants Tim Horton. So retract the statement. I know you are smarter than that. I never said Tim Horton was the next coach. Only that a certain handful of money wanted Tim. And you know that.

PRJ

Sarcasm, did you not read the post addressed to me?

porkrindjimmy

ricepig

Quote from: berryhog on October 22, 2017, 02:23:59 pm
And to think that all of these years I've given the credit to you for being "in the know", but in reality you've been getting your info from prj.  This changes everything!    ;D

You retract that right this minute!!

Hogeration

Quote from: thebignasty on October 22, 2017, 01:52:17 pm

I know that is a guess but I have a feeling it will come true.

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: Hogeration on October 22, 2017, 02:27:36 pm
I know that is a guess but I have a feeling it will come true.

If one group gets their way....that will be exactly who the coach is.

PRJ

elksnort

Quote from: ricepig on October 22, 2017, 01:50:05 pm
You got me there. Loaded question.
Short answer. No

latrops

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 22, 2017, 10:39:44 am
I will say this. He looks like he has checked out. No emotional investment at all.

But I was told that Jeff is adamant about Bret getting the full 6 years. He told someone directly 2 weeks ago that Bret needed and deserved more time. Now, if he flames the last 5 games, maybe something changes. But knowing his pattern, Jeff is gonna hang in there.

PRJ

What pattern is that.  He has fired Pel and Dykes once it became clear they weren't going to get it done.  Neither got as much time as Bielema already has.  The hoops program under Pel was more positive than where things are now under Bielema.  At least Pel was competitive and had a good recruiting class committed when he was justifiably let go.  There is nothing to look forward to with CBB.

(notOM)Rebel123

I could see CBB accepting a negotiated buyout & resign due to "health issues". Take a year off, do some studio work, recharge his batteries, then get back into coaching.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

porkrindjimmy

Quote from: latrops on October 22, 2017, 02:50:58 pm
What pattern is that.  He has fired Pel and Dykes once it became clear they weren't going to get it done.  Neither got as much time as Bielema already has.  The hoops program under Pel was more positive than where things are now under Bielema.  At least Pel was competitive and had a good recruiting class committed when he was justifiably let go.  There is nothing to look forward to with CBB.

Jeff held on to Pel a year to long. A year before they were screaming for him to let Pel go.
And that program was a dumpster fire under Pel. Wasn't good at all. Jeff hangs in way to long with a coach. He is going to attempt it again.

Judy I feel weary now.....

PRJ

East Clintwood

Quote from: elksnort on October 22, 2017, 01:44:18 pm
I know. This board is full of folks who must have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night

No, they only know someone that stayed there.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

HawgTide

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 22, 2017, 09:47:22 am
He ain't going this year unless He has had enough. Jeff won't fire him this year.

PRJ

If the rest of the season plays out like I think it will Long won't have a choice.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Lanny on October 22, 2017, 08:45:27 am
It's over for Bielema, no way he returns next season.  Not sure Arkansas will win a conference game, even Missouri is scoring lights out.
It's BEEN over for Bielema, my good friend, as I have told you since the TCU game. There is literally a 100% chance he will be fired and sent on his way the weekend after Thanksgiving. Not long now.

The incompetence is overwhelming. Never seen anything like it. I don't think they practice. If they do, they are all wasting their time because it looks like they do nothing all week.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

farmhawg

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 22, 2017, 03:02:13 pm
I could see CBB accepting a negotiated buyout & resign due to "health issues". Take a year off, do some studio work, recharge his batteries, then get back into coaching.
I could see him on radio and never coach again.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Broadway Rob

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 22, 2017, 03:06:14 pm
It's BEEN over for Bielema, my good friend, as I have told you since the TCU game. There is literally a 100% chance he will be fired and sent on his way the weekend after Thanksgiving. Not long now.

The incompetence is overwhelming. Never seen anything like it. I don't think they practice. If they do, they are all wasting their time because it looks like they do nothing all week.

Completely agree.  I hope, and think they may, let him go once the hogs are eliminated from bowl contention.  This will take place on November 11, 2017.

This will give them a few extra weeks on the coaching search and hopefully get the next coach a jumpstart on recruiting.   

Broadway Rob: December 05, 2017, 07:57:52 pm

122 ranked defense after 3 years.  We have no [CENSORED] shot whatsoever, and to say we do is delusional man.  If he was anything more than a great OC, his defense would have improved.  He's no head coach.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Broadway Rob on October 22, 2017, 03:51:36 pm
Completely agree.  I hope, and think they may, let him go once the hogs are eliminated from bowl contention.  This will take place on November 11, 2017.

This will give them a few extra weeks on the coaching search and hopefully get the next coach a jumpstart on recruiting.
That would be a very wise move...which is why U of A will not figure it out. They will wait until after the last game.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

hog911

Quote from: lilredheadedlady on October 22, 2017, 08:54:29 am
I hope you're right, Lanny.  If Long lets him stay after this, I have no words.

Both Long and Bielema need to go.  What a disaster.
Long needs to go first. I don't trust him hire a coach to turn this disaster around. The BOT should not even consider extending his contract let the associate AD take over his duties until we can find an adaquate replacement. It shouldn't be to hard take out a phone book out and pick a name at random!

EastexHawg

Quote from: oldhog63 on October 22, 2017, 02:06:42 pm
Can't get rid Bielema soon enough, but honestly, if I had could only choose one of them to get rid of, I would pick Long. What a coward football moron and program destroyer!

I agree with your take, I just added my own words to yours.

PygmalionEffect2

QuoteI used to be big Enos fan but now I'm not so sure.  Our play calling sucks in that we don't adjust to what the defense gives us.  That may be on the head coach.  We don't blitz enough and the penalties kill any hopes of keeping a drive going.  That is all on the coaching.  We need to clean house, top to bottom.

Don't think you have to worry about the HC being replaced but not the coordinators.

I would think it's pretty uncommon for the new HC to keep the fired coaches coordinators, but maybe it happens more than I realize.

I think it would be an immediate red flag if we hired a new head coach and he started offering jobs to CBB's coordinators.
President Donald Trump, on "60 Minutes," Nov. 13, 2016
"Facebook and Twitter were the reason we won this thing."

Hannity - This Nunes memo is going to make Watergate look like someone stole a candy bar.

Piggfoot

Quote from: From Tusk Till Dawn on October 22, 2017, 11:30:43 am
Politley disagree.  I took a business trip out of the country, the company I went to sponsored a soccer team.  We were invited to a game.  Bottom line they want to wine and dine the clients.  Its always a better time if the home team wins but corporations are not paying for those seats for the love of the game. 
I totally agree. If a major corporation invites someone to sit in their suite, it is just as likely the guests may actually be rooting for the opposing team as for the Razorbacks. The guests may also care less who wins, attending just for the outing.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Sundog on October 22, 2017, 08:55:24 am
Wishful thinking?  Betcha they give Bert 2018.  Hope I'm wrong.

I sadly agree with you. I hope we're wrong.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Poker_hog on October 22, 2017, 08:59:53 am
Almost but not quite.  The path to 6 wins is still there. Long won't fire bert if he wins 4 out of the last 5.

We may take Ole Miss with Patterson out but don't see us beating any other conference foe.
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

ChitownHawg

Quote from: grayhawg on October 22, 2017, 09:00:28 am
Our last conference win was November last year, let that soak in.

Soak in? We been bathing in it.  ;D

rude1

Quote from: Piggfoot on October 22, 2017, 02:16:32 pm
Your paying attention to the wrong uniforms, you need to watch more closely that fat guy over there in the wind breaker, that is the uniform that needs to be changed.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Dark Helmet Hog on October 22, 2017, 09:57:35 am
There is no excuse to keep Bielema after this year. Doing so would be complete incompetence.

It would be the thing for me to turn on Long as well.

Rbill

Quote from: HoginMemphis on October 22, 2017, 03:06:14 pm

Don't they need to wait until Jan. 1st to save money?

Jack The BN

Come on guys! We're winning the battle in the classroom. Doesn't that mean anything?
I am fully cooperating with this investigation and looking forward to clearing my name

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: porkrindjimmy on October 22, 2017, 03:03:04 pm
Jeff held on to Pel a year to long. A year before they were screaming for him to let Pel go.
And that program was a dumpster fire under Pel. Wasn't good at all. Jeff hangs in way to long with a coach. He is going to attempt it again.

Judy I feel weary now.....

PRJ
I believe this is exactly right. I also think Long is closer personally to Bielema than he ever was to Pelphrey and he stuck with Pelphrey way too long. I believe he will allow Coach B to throw a couple of assistants under the bus and fire them and talk about all the good Bielema has done since coming here with all the details except winning games.
This will not surprise me in the least but it will be terribly discouraging for hard-core fans like most of us on Hogville.

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on October 22, 2017, 03:02:13 pm
I don't see any point in him getting back into coaching. He's not very good at it.