Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Letter to Mr. Long

Started by grayhawg, January 11, 2017, 10:10:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

grayhawg

I appreciate the things you have accomplished for the UofA. The new BB practice court, the football operations center, additions to the football stadium. Those all are great, now I just want to ask you when do you think you might do something about the sub par coaches of our football, men's and women's basketball programs?
   I don't totally blame you for the men's basketball coach because Anderson was kind of pushed on you. But the women's basketball coach and the football coach are 100% your doing and all three are doing an unacceptable job for what Razorback fans deserve.

Grayhawg, for the last 60 years a Razorback fan

greenEGnHAWGS

Sweet...a derogatory thread about Jeff Long. Thank Goodness...hadnt seen anyone post anything like this yet...
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Hawgar The Horrible

When? 3 years, 6 months, 17 days, 54 minutes and 33 seconds from now. No...now. Wait...now. Dammit...NOW.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

factchecker

As a RF member and donor you have a right to express your opinion to Jeff.

Feel free to call and write letters.  I'm as positive as they come but I see nothing wrong in voicing your opinion when you are a paying customer.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

grayhawg

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: factchecker on January 11, 2017, 10:27:07 pm

Feel free to call and write letters.  I'm as positive as they come but I see nothing wrong in voicing your opinion when you are a paying customer.

So...Jeff Long reads Hogville...?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

Hogs958

factchecker

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 11, 2017, 10:33:41 pm

You might be surprised.

Seriously though, gray might have sent an email/letter to Jeff.  I don't see anything wrong with it.  I'd actually like to sit down and talk to Jeff about a couple of things myself.  Nothing too serious. I don't want anyone fired yet but there are some things I would like to discuss.

It would be cool if we could have a town meeting for RF members where we could ask him serious questions.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

greenEGnHAWGS

Hogs958

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 11, 2017, 10:37:36 pm
Ha ha...I loved those SNL Jack Handy moments.

so did I. I cherished his thoughts.

wachhog

Quote from: grayhawg on January 11, 2017, 10:10:42 pm
I appreciate the things you have accomplished for the UofA. The new BB practice court, the football operations center, additions to the football stadium. Those all are great, now I just want to ask you when do you think you might do something about the sub par coaches of our football, men's and women's basketball programs?
   I don't totally blame you for the men's basketball coach because Anderson was kind of pushed on you. But the women's basketball coach and the football coach are 100% your doing and all three are doing an unacceptable job for what Razorback fans deserve.

Grayhawg, for the last 60 years a Razorback fan
Let me amend this a bit.
I don't appreciate one single thing you, Long, have done and wish you'd get the heck out of dodge. Tomorrow if possible.
Goidbye.

Calling All Hogs

greenEGnHAWGS

Quote from: factchecker on January 11, 2017, 10:37:10 pm
You might be surprised.

Seriously though, gray might have sent an email/letter to Jeff.  I don't see anything wrong with it.  I'd actually like to sit down and talk to Jeff about a couple of things myself.  Nothing too serious. I don't want anyone fired yet but there are some things I would like to discuss.

It would be cool if we could have a town meeting for RF members where we could ask him serious questions.

Maybe, but I doubt it. I too would like to sit down with Jeff Long and just talk and get his feelings on everything, but honestly, I don't feel like his sentiments would be too unexpected. 1) CBB was very close to finishing the year on a high note, but two 4th quarter debacles ruined that, 2) he probably sees CBB doing things the right way, so he does have to worry about sanctions as an AD, 3) he probably sees the wins as something that HAS to improve but he's not going to just JUMP SHIP on someone who HAS shown progression, even though its not drastic, 4) he also probably knows that CBB can't have a bomb of a season next year.

I don't understand how HV thinks that JL doesn't analyze every thought and decision that goes into the Athletics. But I guess when you have a state full of rabid fans, we'll always have those that disagree with his analytics and want heads to roll...when REALLY...jumping ship is not the right move...

Hogs958

Dwight_K_Shrute

I wish more open letters were closed
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hogs958

rzrbackramsfan

This should turn into a jack handy thread.

onebadrubi

While you can definitely be uspset with the W-L of both football and basketball, both Bret and Mike came here as top coaches in the industry.  At the time of the hires, both had proven their worth for more than a flash in the pan. Mike is treading water now and Bret is a year from that in my opinion. Both have a chance to resurrect themselves while being head hogs, but the fans are going to want to see somethings drastically change.

GTOWNHOG

Quote from: factchecker on January 11, 2017, 10:27:07 pm

As a 43 consecutive year donor to the Razorback Foundation and 43 year season ticket holder to both Little Rock and Fayetteville games, I have sent Mr. Long a couple of e-mails.  The first one was sent in November of 2016 and the second one was sent last week. 

As of today, (January 11th) I have not received a response of any kind from Mr. Long.  I included my name, address, phone number and e-mail address.  The only thing the man cares about is MONEY.  To me, it shows a lack of respect on the part of Mr. Long and demonstrates his opinion of University of Arkansas graduates and Razorback fans.
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

onebadrubi

Quote from: GTOWNHOG on January 11, 2017, 11:44:00 pm
As a 43 consecutive year donor to the Razorback Foundation and 43 year season ticket holder to both Little Rock and Fayetteville games, I have sent Mr. Long a couple of e-mails.  The first one was sent in November of 2016 and the second one was sent last week. 

As of today, (January 11th) I have not received a response of any kind from Mr. Long.  I included my name, address, phone number and e-mail address.  The only thing the man cares about is MONEY.  To me, it shows a lack of respect on the part of Mr. Long and demonstrates his opinion of University of Arkansas graduates and Razorback fans.

If you had the workload and number of "customers" he had, you wouldn't be responding to every email either.

What's funny though is Jeff actually was writing people back in the period after BP and before a final decision was made. Many of the emails were posted on this board

greenEGnHAWGS

1st...thank you for supporting the Hogs like you have. 2nd...in this time of turmoil, how many emails/calls/letters do you think he's got in which each person feels like they need to be responded to?

sickboy

LZH

GrouchyOldGuy

He once said, Got it thanks Jeff! I think he was criticized for that!

Pork Twain

Does anyone really care about any sports other than football and basketball with baseball being a distant third and women's basketball being a far distant 4th, possibly even tied with T&F?

I have no problem with Long's hires based on the situations in which they occurred.  I think it is time to move on from MA but I am hoping he proves me wrong this year.  If BB does not get it rolling next year, I will then think it is time to move on from him.  He will have all of his players in place by then and will have had time to build the depth he needs.  No more excuses.

So I am...
Basketball - ok with hire, ready to move on
Football - ok with the hire, one more year
Baseball - Happy
Wbasketball - Don't really care, never have
T&F - Ditto
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Calling All Hogs

If you can't beat them, join them. I guess that's why Arkansas signed up to be in the SEC. - Jack Handy.

jjsam

Well I've been a RF donor & Season ticket Holder since 1978.  I sent Mr. Long a email when he first became AD about my concerns and as of today (Jan. 12, 2017) I have never received anything from him except his concerns for more MONEY!!  So Sad with the product in football.  The last two games are so unacceptable!!    :razorback:

DLUXHOG

Quote from: greenEGnHAWGS on January 11, 2017, 10:33:41 pm

Highly, by astronomical light year proportions, unlikely.    Unless he's only looking for laughs......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

PorkSoda

Well maybe Long should just head on down to to coach store and buy the program a top shelf coach.

when does Saban 2.0 become available for purchase?

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

wachhog

You'd think he could hire some kids to respond to emails like he's hired some kids to pump him  and CBB up on Hogville.net.

Philibuster

Quote from: wachhog on January 14, 2017, 09:40:23 pm
You'd think he could hire some kids to respond to emails like he's hired some kids to pump him  and CBB up on Hogville.net.
Well said sir!

factchecker

Quote from: wachhog on January 14, 2017, 09:40:23 pm

proof?

Quote from: Philibuster on January 14, 2017, 09:49:11 pm
Well said sir!

hmmm..... sounds familiar
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hogs958

Science Fiction Greg

Letter to you:

Your letter is not interesting, unique, important, nor well-written.

Yours truly,
PossibleOatmeal
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

zumhog