Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

letter from uofl president to pitino

Started by Kevin, October 02, 2017, 09:20:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

WMHawgfan

I know there is still an investigation but whatever was presented to the president apparently shows Rick's willing involvement in the scheme. That letter has some anger in its tone as well. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

chiefhawg

There is a bit of hand wringing from media types about the letter. I would be very very surprised, because of the potential for lawsuits, if the president did not consult with UofL's General Counsel to develop this letter of termination of employment. The General Counsel probably is already preparing for a lawsuit knowing that the letter is going to be item 1 on the list of evidence.

HogFaninMemphis

Quote from: chiefhawg on October 03, 2017, 01:34:15 pm
There is a bit of hand wringing from media types about the letter. I would be very very surprised, because of the potential for lawsuits, if the president did not consult with UofL's General Counsel to develop this letter of termination of employment. The General Counsel probably is already preparing for a lawsuit knowing that the letter is going to be item 1 on the list of evidence.
Thing is, he didn't actually fire Pitino; he is suspended indefinitely until the case is over. By doing things this way, if Pitino walks away from this somehow, how can they fire him?
Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

VBMark

The letter is from the Chairman of the Board. It just happens to use the President's stationary.

It seems that the powers that be have taken it out of the hands of the university administration.
John L. Smith is so bad that he will laugh himself off the field