Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Things just got real serious in LSU hoops....

Started by Swinesong1, June 08, 2013, 11:20:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Dominicanhog

They have always been underachievers, imo.... their state has some of the best talent y/y and LSU wallows in mediocrity..... this team is loaded and anything less than NCAA's is again underachieving.  One of these days a coach is going to wake this giant up, just like Saban did football.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: Dominicanhog on June 09, 2013, 08:27:41 am
They have always been underachievers, imo.... their state has some of the best talent y/y and LSU wallows in mediocrity..... this team is loaded and anything less than NCAA's is again underachieving.  One of these days a coach is going to wake this giant up, just like Saban did football.

Mmm... those fans don't care about basketball like they do football and baseball.  Not even close, really. Saban had the benefit of a hungry fan base.  Lsu is not a "sleeping giant" in basketball, but they should be more consistent. 

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on June 10, 2013, 11:48:48 am
Mmm... those fans don't care about basketball like they do football and baseball.  Not even close, really. Saban had the benefit of a hungry fan base.  Lsu is not a "sleeping giant" in basketball, but they should be more consistent.

they start winning, they'll start caring.... the term Giant was in reference to their recruiting base, not their team at this point in time.

HawgAdvocate

Gotta respect the effort they're making in maximizing their staff.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

jamie72921

Just because a guy could recruit to UCLA does NOT mean he can recruit to LSU.
Bless your heart

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: jamie72921 on June 10, 2013, 02:14:34 pm
Just because a guy could recruit to UCLA does NOT mean he can recruit to LSU.

The LSU decision makers certainly didn't agree with you when they approved his contract.

Quote"McCray has strong connections in the states that LSU has to recruit in as a member of the SEC, and he has a strong relationship with one of the best power forwards in the 2014 class in Craig Victor."
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

jamie72921

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on June 10, 2013, 02:26:21 pm
The LSU decision makers certainly didn't agree with you when they approved his contract.

and they have such a great track record to this point.

You are so easy.
Bless your heart

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: jamie72921 on June 10, 2013, 07:17:08 pm
and they have such a great track record to this point.

What part of "strong connections in the states that LSU has to recruit" don't you comprehend? Bless your heart.

jamie72921

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on June 10, 2013, 07:21:36 pm
What part of "strong connections in the states that LSU has to recruit" don't you comprehend? Bless your heart.

So you believe recruiting SoCal kids to UCLA = Recruiting regional kids to LSU?

Good luck with that.

And imitation is the highest form of flattery. I am flattered that you are imitating my use of "bless your heart", but you are still a squirrel.
Bless your heart

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: jamie72921 on June 10, 2013, 07:41:25 pm
So you believe recruiting SoCal kids to UCLA = Recruiting regional kids to LSU?

Good luck with that.

And imitation is the highest form of flattery. I am flattered that you are imitating my use of "bless your heart", but you are still a squirrel.

I have to lower myself to your level for you to understand the vernacular.

If the man has connections that they feel will pay off, that's probably why he got hired. It's not rocket science. Yet for some....

jamie72921

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on June 10, 2013, 08:27:48 pm
I have to lower myself to your level for you to understand the vernacular.

If the man has connections that they feel will pay off, that's probably why he got hired. It's not rocket science. Yet for some....

You are obtuse.

My original statement was simply that just because you can recruit to UCLA from SoCal doesn't necessarily parlay to being able to recruit to LSU.

Your response, while not actually being a response to what I had written, was not about that statement one way or the other but about how the basketball geniuses at LSU ok'd his contract.

While I am sure this is a lot of fun for you, I have grown bored of this banter and bid you adieu.
Bless your heart

RazorAg

jamie72921, UCLA didn't get Tony Parker and Jordan Adams there, Korey did.  I may be wrong, but it seems like you don't know much about Korey.  This is a big hire.  Him being closer to the region he has major ties in will be big.

jamie72921

Quote from: RazorAg on June 10, 2013, 08:48:04 pm
jamie72921, UCLA didn't get Tony Parker and Jordan Adams there, Korey did.  I may be wrong, but it seems like you don't know much about Korey.  This is a big hire.  Him being closer to the region he has major ties in will be big.

We will see.

However, if you think recruiting players to UCLA is hard, I really don't know what to tell you.

By the way, recruiting basketball players to LSU is traditionally hard.
Bless your heart

HawgAdvocate

June 10, 2013, 09:14:27 pm #15 Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 09:25:53 pm by HawgAdvocate
Quote from: jamie72921 on June 10, 2013, 08:44:22 pm
You are obtuse.

My original statement was simply that just because you can recruit to UCLA from SoCal doesn't necessarily parlay to being able to recruit to LSU.

Your response, while not actually being a response to what I had written, was not about that statement one way or the other but about how the basketball geniuses at LSU ok'd his contract.

Mark Morefield certainly got Baylor's recruiting up and running.

Butch Pierre did well for OK State.

Glenn Cyprien has done well all over the country.

Certain guys fit well in certain areas. No one said it needed to be hard to recruit to UCLA for someone to get credit for their efforts and/or connections. McCrary knows what he's doing. He might not turn LSU into a powerhouse, but he'll help them improve. Even you should be able to understand the ramifications of that.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: jamie72921 on June 10, 2013, 08:58:19 pm
We will see.

However, if you think recruiting players to UCLA is hard, I really don't know what to tell you.

By the way, recruiting basketball players to LSU is traditionally hard.

Recruiting basketball players to LSU may have been hard traditionally (not sure I agree), but they have a top 10 class coming in and now they've hired a great recruiter with strong ties.

Rooster Hogburn

No need to hit the panic button. We have CMA.
To forgive is to set a pisoner free and discover that the prisoner was you.-Lewis B. Smedes

Dogtown Donkey

June 13, 2013, 10:42:35 am #18 Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 10:55:23 am by Dogtown Donkey
Quote from: Rooster Hogburn on June 13, 2013, 10:39:07 am
No need to hit the panic button. We have CMA.

CMA needs to pick up a recruiter like this on his staff. No offense to the current assistants, but we need a game-changer. Not saying they're doing a bad job right now because, overall, I think they've done a pretty good (but not perfect) job recruiting. They were able to keep the 2011 class together, recruited a solid 2012 class, a top 15 2013 class and currently have an early top 10 2014 class. But if we added a guy like this, we'd actually close on guys like Jarnell Stokes and some of the other big time guys we missed on. We wouldn't get all of them but we don't need all of them. We do need some of them, though.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Dogtown Donkey on June 13, 2013, 10:42:35 am
CMA needs to pick up a recruiter like this on his staff. No offense to the current assistants, but we need a game-changer. Not saying their doing a bad job right now because, overall, I think they've done a pretty good (but not perfect) job recruiting. They were able to keep the 2011 class together, recruited a solid 2012 class, a top 15 2013 class and currently have an early top 10 2014 class. But if we added a guy like this, we'd actually close on guys like Jarnell Stokes and some of the other big time guys we missed on. We wouldn't get all of them but we don't need all of them. We do need some of them, though.
Fair points..

BZA99

QuoteThey have always been underachievers, imo.... their state has some of the best talent y/y and LSU wallows in mediocrity..... this team is loaded and anything less than NCAA's is again underachieving.  One of these days a coach is going to wake this giant up, just like Saban did football.

That's a scary thought. It almost happened a few times in the early '90s with Shaq and Chris Jackson. Then again with the Brandon Bass, Glenn Davis, and Tyrus Thomas teams of the 2000s.

Here's to all of LSU's best hardwood athletes leaving early!

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Hog Fan...DOH! on June 10, 2013, 11:48:48 am
I agree with this. They averaged less than 10k attendance the year they went 14-2 in the SEC and made it to the final 4 (losing to ucla coincidently).

Dominicanhog

Quote from: Clay (helmuthjr21) C on June 16, 2013, 12:03:07 am
I agree with this. They averaged less than 10k attendance the year they went 14-2 in the SEC and made it to the final 4 (losing to ucla coincidently).

Really? According to their website it shows that from 1978-1995 they averaged 12,194 per year which ranked them in TOP 10 total attendance during this time frame.

Seating capacity 13125....

Also they averaged 50,000 more per year than Arkansas during this time frame.. before BWA.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Dominicanhog on June 16, 2013, 11:49:48 am
Really? According to their website it shows that from 1978-1995 they averaged 12,194 per year which ranked them in TOP 10 total attendance during this time frame.

Seating capacity 13125....

Also they averaged 50,000 more per year than Arkansas during this time frame.. before BWA.
I find that very hard to believe. Not your info, but theirs

HawgAdvocate

LSU just got Keith Hornsby to transfer in from UNC-Ashville. He's Bruce's son, for any who like his music, but also averaged 15 ppg and 4 boards/game last season. He's also a 93% FT shooter. He'll sit out a year and be ready for the 2014-15 season.

http://www.vagazette.com/sports/va-vg-keith-hornsby-to-transfer-to-lsu-20130617,0,565800.story

CDBHawg

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on June 18, 2013, 09:34:12 am
LSU just got Keith Hornsby to transfer in from UNC-Ashville. He's Bruce's son, for any who like his music, but also averaged 15 ppg and 4 boards/game last season. He's also a 93% FT shooter. He'll sit out a year and be ready for the 2014-15 season.

http://www.vagazette.com/sports/va-vg-keith-hornsby-to-transfer-to-lsu-20130617,0,565800.story

The song came and went.....

TMc

LSU has always had players over the years.., they don't usually do much (most of the time).., they really don't support the team very well down there.

PonderinHog

Rocky&Boarwinkle

jamie72921

I smited both of you for even knowing any Hornsby lyrics.
Bless your heart

PonderinHog

Rocky&Boarwinkle

Quote from: jamie72921 on June 21, 2013, 08:34:07 am
I smited both of you for even knowing any Hornsby lyrics.
the first rule of smite club is that you can't talk about smite club.   ;D

RazorbackToTheFuture

As long as they keep recruiting tuba players from their own band I don't think they'll be too much to worry about.

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1975709

Swinesong1

Quote from: hog13hog on June 26, 2013, 09:40:56 pm
As long as they keep recruiting tuba players from their own band I don't think they'll be too much to worry about.

http://m.usatoday.com/article/news/1975709
Two things:
1.  It was done due to shorage of big men (which with incoming class will no longer be a problem).
2.  This tuba player's stats (as meager as they were) still looked better than Mick's when we played them this season.

Swinesong1

Looks like they'll be getting a commit from Craig Victor (had some initial interest in Hogs) today.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Swinesong1 on August 17, 2013, 12:05:32 pm
Looks like they'll be getting a commit from Craig Victor (had some initial interest in Hogs) today.
Nope.  He chose 'Zona.