Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Derby day plans

Started by Richard Davenport, May 03, 2017, 11:40:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard Davenport

Either playing the whole card at home or at sports bar.

You guys?

userpick

Going to opening day at Louisiana Downs and will watch the derby and undercard there. Man, this time of year is great.

kingoftherapids

Girlfriends cousin is getting married in Camden.  I'll watch from the second pew on my phone that will be in a specially designed hymnal that has a cutout for a phone so that when it's over I just close the Hymnal and nobody thinks Anythinf about it

jdelo77

Every year I tell my wife , the only thing we do the first Saturday in May is bet the derby !!!!  We usually go somewhere with an OTB and I bet almost the whole day ...going to indigo sky this year with about 10 of our closest friends ! Should be a fun day !!

ghostzapper

Going to Derby Lane to put in bets Saturday morning, then coming home to a few mint juleps and watching tvg, nbcsn and nbc

Iwastherein1969

Since I live in Texarkana, Texas, I am prevented by Texas Law to engage in wagering from my home on horse racing.  Texas brilliance at it's peak. The lucky thing is this, Louisiana finally completed its 4-lane part of the interstate so its 75 miles all four lane driving to La Downs...Since I don't want to fight the crowds at Bossier City, I plan to drive down Friday, bet the Derby, maybe stay a couple of races and come home. The days of my hanging out all day at the track are long since over. Mark (my former golfing podsy and I) have spent enough time at the race track to get me divorced and him to the precipice of it. So, you guys have fun.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

HawgWild

I've hosted a Derby watch party going back to Strike the Gold's win. Going to hoist a Mint Julep, sing my Old Kentucky home and eat some BBQ.

Torqued pork

Grilling and watching at home once the Johnny Weir show is over.

mckinneyhog5

Will be at Lone Star with the wife.
Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

userpick

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on May 05, 2017, 08:02:31 pm
Will be at Lone Star with the wife.

Will be there may 18-20

holeinthewall

55" TV out back while taking the occasional cooling off in the pool.  Something dead will appear on the grill.

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

scorekeeper

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 04, 2017, 08:05:16 am
Since I live in Texarkana, Texas, I am prevented by Texas Law to engage in wagering from my home on horse racing.  Texas brilliance at it's peak. The lucky thing is this, Louisiana finally completed its 4-lane part of the interstate so its 75 miles all four lane driving to La Downs...Since I don't want to fight the crowds at Bossier City, I plan to drive down Friday, bet the Derby, maybe stay a couple of races and come home. The days of my hanging out all day at the track are long since over. Mark (my former golfing podsy and I) have spent enough time at the race track to get me divorced and him to the precipice of it. So, you guys have fun.
I'm hopeful that the Texas law will change by the next derby. HB-3926 is an bill that is in the works. A couple years ago I almost got into a bit of trouble after moving from Louisiana to Texas when using Twinspires. Because of that I haven't kept up with horse racing much over the last couple years.
If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

Horse racer

Quote from: kingoftherapids on May 04, 2017, 02:12:30 am
Girlfriends cousin is getting married in Camden.  I'll watch from the second pew on my phone that will be in a specially designed hymnal that has a cutout for a phone so that when it's over I just close the Hymnal and nobody thinks Anythinf about it

I was at the same wedding. I had to DVR it.