Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RIP Duthty Rhodth

Started by HoggyCat, June 11, 2015, 01:23:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoggyCat

I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Hogwop

Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

DOGALUM

June 11, 2015, 01:33:51 pm #2 Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 01:24:58 pm by DOGALUM
"You ain't nothin but a yella, egg suckin dog!"

Memories from my childhood.
A man who wouldn't cheat for a poke, don't want one bad enough!

jbcarol

Kevin Owens ‏@FightOwensFight 27m27 minutes ago

There are no words that can express the sadness in our hearts. RIP Dusty Rhodes...You will be missed, Dream...We love you

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hogsanity

I swore I would never say stuff like this, but man, a lot of pieces of my child hood have left recently. This is yet another.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Stardust himself.  He always kept himself in such top physical condition so it's a bit shocking to hear that he died at a relatively young age for a pro athlete.  A few years ago Buck Robley and now this. 

Something like this is about the only thing that could have brung me out of retirement.  He was the best talker the sport has ever saw.

husker71

He could come into a territory and after the 1st tv appearance have loads and loads of new and dedicated fans.  His matches with Dick Murdock are legendary.  I will come home tonight and get on youtube and watch as many as I can.

BigSexyHog

Enjoyed watching him when I was younger.   Dude could put in a show.  RIP big fellas.  You will be missed
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

HoggyCat

Quote from: hogsanity on June 11, 2015, 01:45:47 pm
I swore I would never say stuff like this, but man, a lot of pieces of my child hood have left recently. This is yet another.

I hate to say it, but bobby the brain is prolly next. Cancer is working him over good.

Pulled(PP)pork

Quote from: HoggyCat on June 11, 2015, 04:54:15 pm
I hate to say it, but bobby the brain is prolly next. Cancer is working him over good.
ouch, poor guy

PP

TheRazorback500

RIP Big Dust. Here's a bionic elbow for you, devil. He was entertaining long before it became "sports entertainment".

:razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

Hog1966

June 11, 2015, 09:01:38 pm #11 Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 09:19:54 pm by Hog1966
Dusty was on the card the first time I'd ever watched wrestling in person.

RIP.

Big Papa Satan

That hurts just to look at.

pigture perfect

I sure hate it. Sure did have many laughs watching him. A great entertainer for sure.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

jbcarol

http://www.jrsbarbq.com/blog/rip-american-dream-dusty-rhodes

QuoteThursday wasn't a good day. We lost a pop culture icon, a pro wrestling innovator and I lost a great friend.  The Dream is dead.

As I was sitting in an office in Asheville, NC at Eblen Charities being interviewed by WWE for the upcoming Owen Hart DVD  and discussing what May 23, 1999 meant to me my cell phone buzzed incessantly. It wouldn't stop and interrupted our recording.

I needed to to take a break and collect my thoughts on a question that I knew was coming but that I still dreaded answering. I excused myself to the men's room and eventually got around to checking my messages and to my horror I found out that my friend of over 30 years Dusty Rhodes had died at age 69 in Orlando, Florida.

The Dream and I talked about a week ago and he tried to convince me that he was "just fine."  I knew something was wrong when I saw him in San Jose at WrestleMania where I again questioned him about his health while sitting behind him at the WWE Hall of Fame induction ceremony.

Again, he declared himself fit and we talked of his significant weight loss. Then down in Orlando at a NXT taping the night before Mick Foley taped his comedy special for the WWE Network Dusty and I talked and he insisted that he was fine.

He was like John Wayne in his final movie 'The Shootist' who wanted no empathy from anyone and who wanted to go out on his own terms his own way.

Dusty and I bonded after Jim Crockett Promotions bought out Bill Watts UWF. Dream trusted me to interpret his booking and creative on syndicated TV that lead me to getting my break on national cable on TBS.

Thanks, Big Dust for believing in me...
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

hogsanity

Holy Frick. If you had not said who that was, i could have guessed a million names and never figured it out.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HoggyCat

Quote from: hogsanity on June 12, 2015, 03:18:10 pm
Holy Frick. If you had not said who that was, i could have guessed a million names and never figured it out.

He's had a few jaw reconstructions. But look at the color of his skin. The medication is prolly killing him as quick.

husker71

thanks for Youtube so I can back and see them in their heyday

Hogwop

I know this thread is about Dusty but man I can't believe the Brain is in that bad of shape. I hope he isn't hurting too much
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.

Overtheroadtruckdriver

Who's the punk with brain?

husker71

never would have ever guessed that was Heenan  who always seemed so full of life and opinions

fineswine

Quote from: OTR on June 13, 2015, 08:03:42 am
Who's the punk with brain?
Sort of looks like Roddy Piper (don't know if it is, just a guess).

Hogwop

Pigga what?!

Doug

Quote from: HoggyCat
Quote from: OTRWho's the punk with brain?
Quote from: fineswineSort of looks like Roddy Piper (don't know if it is, just a guess).
Quote from: HogwopDefinitely Piper
No, it's not. That's Bollywood Bulk Bogan. ;)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

jbcarol

https://grantland.com/the-triangle/requiem-for-the-dream-dusty-rhodes-rip-obituary-wwe-nwa-professional-wrestling-ric-flair-harvey-race/

QuoteWhen he was inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2007, Dusty said: "One thing is for sure, though. When you go back and you look at our industry, you look at passion. You look at the road; you look at hard times on the road. You look at driving down the road, night after night, tryin' to make a town, getting $25 — that's hard times. It's our duty to make it good times for the fans that pay their money to see us perform each and every night."

Now that's a hell of a promo.

DeltaBoy

DUSTY was one of the Best. Baby Doll somewhere crying.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

http://www.webn.com/media/play/dusty-rhodes-looking-for-the-4-22926742/

Two years ago a radio station with a Dusty impersonator called some stables looking for the Four Horseman.

"Dusty": Hello, I'm looking for some horseman?

Farrier: How many do you need?

"Dusty": Four

Dusty: Meet me Friday night, Starcade.

Woman: Meet you at the stockcades?  ... I don't know what you're wasting your time for?

"Dusty": Is this Babydoll?  Babydoll, I know that was you, you Jezebel!