Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

INformal Poll - New Darksider Nation (Week 3 complete)

Started by Doug, September 17, 2012, 09:40:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

So... where do you stand after Week 3 is now done?

I support both Jeff Long and John L Smith
47 (5.4%)
Jeff Long Darksider (I support John L Smith)
12 (1.4%)
John L Smith Darksider (I support Jeff Long)
354 (40.8%)
Complete Darksider v²
455 (52.4%)

Total Members Voted: 857

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: hogdogcrazy on September 17, 2012, 01:43:18 pm
Right. And I'm quite sure your type of ilk is just fine being a doormat.  I'll stick to the side that actually expects something for our investment.  You guys can take the doormat (integrity) section all to yourself.

Well, apparently the people who support integrity could very well have some others sitting next to them who might actually be UA brass, VIP's, or even BOT members too.  Remember, the UA supported the decision to terminate BP.  Sit in the "darksider section" with your 13 closest allies and see how much impact you have.  I think the ones with rational discussions in the same section will probably get a little further.   

Tell ya what.  Take a stand.  Draw up some picket signs that say, "Down with integrity, win at all costs" and use that as your platform to exert influence on the UA to make that JL termination.  When you get finished, come back here and report on the impact.

You may want to win at all costs...obviously the UA does not.   
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

jusgtohogs

How about another option, "I support the University of Arkansas Razorbacks-(period)"

Hoggish1

Quote from: hogdogcrazy on September 17, 2012, 10:28:09 am
Darksider until Long us gone.  The cancer must be removed before healing can begin.  Party's over Jeff.  No more dollars from me to you.

Sadly, that won't matter to JL.  Wine and Cheese "fans" are waiting in the wings to not see the game but be seen at the game.  They stream out of RRS regardless of which team is at what end of a blowout—they need to get back to Bella Vista to take a nap.  There are more of them to donate, get tickets for next year and be seen and then leave early.

Hoggish1

Quote from: The Great Hogsby on September 17, 2012, 10:42:36 am
I agree 100%

Now the question is, should he reassign JLS to show the fans that he isn't too afraid to admit his mistake? Is that the right thing to do?

JL should at least get JLS off camera.  If he doesn't want to fire him, reassign him to sit in the press box and oversee all that he has trashed.

HoggyCat

Option 4 since the doofus was hired.

Been against Jeffy for quite a while.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Grunt

How can some of you oppose jls but not jl? Long isssued the death penalty to our program so he would look good in sunday school.
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

Hogs-n-Roses

I do not like Long and certainly don't support JLS and didn't buy the " The choice was so obvious......). However I do not blame JLS for picking up the Mil by taking the job as most of us would and I will admit that I got the sell job on the whole "we gonna win 10-11 games bit". Now I predicted 9-3 but inside thought they may be right and we could win more. I hate that I was such a homer that I didn't see the obvious trainwreck coming. I believe this to be the source of most of my anger. My ego. And my pocketbook.

Adam Stokes

I don't mind Long at all.  I can't stand JLS but he shouldn't be fired from a 10 month contract, I don't necessarily support him though.  I went for supporting both.

Hogvillage Idiot

"Now, since your ass is on the line, sailor, I authorize you right now, to do whatever you can to aid in the arrival of the SEAL Team. Because if I danged can't control you, I might as well support you. Correct?" - Admiral Bates
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

Hogvillage Idiot

Quote from: Hogvillage Idiot on September 17, 2012, 05:05:31 pm
"Now, since your ass is on the line, sailor, I authorize you right now, to do whatever you can to aid in the arrival of the SEAL Team. Because if I danged can't control you, I might as well support you. Correct?" - Admiral Bates
"Winning is like shaving - do it every day or you wind up looking like a bum."

Jack Kemp

AchieveHog

Still trying to find a good cape to go with my Darksider Outfit..

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

ronmahony

V2. Butt I hope that means a different O.C. too. I'm not sure if even Having Tyler back is going to help us any. The play calling so far has been terrible. Man Bobby was a one man band wasn't he?
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

RazMaTaz

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ronmahony on September 17, 2012, 06:35:39 pm
V2. Butt I hope that means a different O.C. too. I'm not sure if even Having Tyler back is going to help us any. The play calling so far has been terrible. Man Bobby was a one man band wasn't he?
Nine Inch Nails
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

GuvHog

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on September 17, 2012, 02:30:16 pm
Well, apparently the people who support integrity could very well have some others sitting next to them who might actually be UA brass, VIP's, or even BOT members too. Remember, the UA supported the decision to terminate BP.  Sit in the "darksider section" with your 13 closest allies and see how much impact you have.  I think the ones with rational discussions in the same section will probably get a little further.   

Tell ya what.  Take a stand.  Draw up some picket signs that say, "Down with integrity, win at all costs" and use that as your platform to exert influence on the UA to make that JL termination.  When you get finished, come back here and report on the impact.

You may want to win at all costs...obviously the UA does not.   

You don't know that the statement in bold is correct nor do you have one shred of evidence to support it. Jeff Long was asked point blank if he talked to any BOT members or with the Chancellor before making the decision to fire Bobby, he said no he did not and has stated time and time again that it was HIS CALL and HIS ALONE. Even Gearhardt confirmed that he knew nothing about the decision until AFTER is was confirmed. What part of that do you not get???
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

EastexHawg

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on September 17, 2012, 02:30:16 pm
Tell ya what.  Take a stand.  Draw up some picket signs that say, "Down with integrity, win at all costs"   

Really?  Win at ALL COSTS?

So fining, reprimanding, sanctioning, or otherwise punishing a coach for sleeping with a woman in a menial position would be winning at "ALL COSTS?"

Drama queen much?

Some of you must have lived very, very sheltered lives. 

Hogfaniam

Ok.   here is where i am. 

Darkside to jonelle, only to the extent that he needs to admit that he is in over his head.  I am sure he is a good man that, due to decisions and life circumstances, is between a rock and a hard place financially.  The money offered goes a long way towards fixing a mess.  As a man, he doesn't want to admit to failure. I am sure he wants to fix what is messed up.  Its past time that this can be done.  Our seniors deserve a better last year.

Darkside to jlong if:

If everything on the surface is what it is beneath the surface concerning the fb program, then i've got nothing for him professionally, concerning football.  Other sports? things seem fine, at least not much being said negatively. 

Reserving condemnation if:

if what i suspect is true, long was put between a rock and a hard place by the ptb.  The ones that were butthurt by petrino's control, restriction of access to the bac, and inherent lack of kissass jumped on the first opportunity to stick it to him.  Selfishness out-ruled reason.  They probably facepalmed Longs decision to hire jonelle though.  Or did they ok it?  Time should have been taken to consider all available options.  It was april after all.

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

SemperFi

I'm all about getting JLS out of there, but will hold judgement on Jeff Long until he chooses our next HC. If he screws it up, then I'll be more than happy storm the castle with the rest of you.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

bpoecell

September 17, 2012, 09:04:41 pm #69 Last Edit: September 17, 2012, 09:47:00 pm by bpoecell
Quote from: hogdogcrazy on September 17, 2012, 01:43:18 pm
Right. And I'm quite sure your type of ilk is just fine being a doormat.  I'll stick to the side that actually expects something for our investment.  You guys can take the doormat (integrity) section all to yourself.

I didn't say anything about integrity, so you can give up with trying to throw that in my face. I can just distance myself from my fandom long enough to look at the situation with common sense. I also don't throw hissy fits about things I have no control over, and I certainly don't feel like I'm owed anything with regards to a group of kids playing a game.

staffhog

I missed it the first time around; i won't this time.  I am a complete Darksider.

irishman

Somethings got to give; get rid of them all and rebuild.

hoglady

v2
I was halfway there the day Petrino was fired / completely there when overtime ended with ULM.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

BroyledNutts

CPO Hog

JL best option for an interim coach was a bad option. JL hired JLS to keep everything on an even keel for the players, to give them the best chance to win - not to screw the HOG nation. Besides, who else would accept a 10 month contract in April, Fulmer? I'd bet a dollar to a donut (no pun intended) that Fulmer would laugh at a 10 month deal. To fire an interim coach 3 games into the season isn't going to make things better. Who would replace him, a coordinator who can't seem to manage his own side of the ball? I now understand why JL didn't put one of the Pauls in charge. 

As much as I hate the state of the program I will support JL & JLS until the end of the season. Then, JLS has to be gone, and JL will have to hire a HC with a very respectable resume. If JL fails to do either - I will then become a draksider.

EastexHawg

Quote from: CPO Hog on September 18, 2012, 07:58:22 am
As much as I hate the state of the program I will support JL & JLS until the end of the season. Then, JLS has to be gone, and JL will have to hire a HC with a very respectable resume. If JL fails to do either - I will then become a draksider.

The problem is we have an AD we already know can't be trusted to hire for and manage an elite level program.  If he hires another poor to mediocre coach our fate will be sealed for the next 5-10 years at a minimum.  The Arkansas program cannot withstand another 3-5 years of "rebuilding" and struggling while we wait to see if Long's coach is right for the job.

We were riding a wave of momentum after the top five finish last year.  That is gone.  With the built-in disadvantages we face at Arkansas if we suck for another 3-5 years it may take us the same decade or more to re-climb the mountain it took us before Petrino fell into our laps and forced the ascent with his brilliance and the sheer force of his will.

The fans waited 20 years to be relevant in the SEC.  We finally got there, then Long fired the one man we all know was responsible for our success.  Now we're back to irrelevant status.  I've already gone through the wilderness with this program. 

Personally, I have zero interest in going back to square one and rebuilding.  I won't spend my time and money every fall traveling hundreds of miles to see Long's next project feebly try to recreate what we already had and could still have.

Unless we get an elite coach...and I mean big, big time, not some half assed up and comer who talks a good game and beat Kentucky or went to the Hot Crap On A Stick Bowl...I will focus on doing things that actually bring me enjoyment, not frustration.

redswarmrising

JLS sucks,i'll admit that but i support Long and think he'll hire coach at the end of the season,he just needed a season to wait for the right coaches job to open up

wholehog92

I am a dark SOB on JLS.  There's no quibbling that.

On Jeff, I'm on the fence.  I can understand the decisions he's made.  I don't agree with some of the ones regarding BP and JLS.  I also have an issue with the inaction around this crisis.  That said, he had enough sense to hire BP and pay unprecedented money (in our history) for him.  He also hired Mike Anderson and is taking care of Dave Van Horn as well.  He is also improving our facilities like our coaches have asked.

I'll wait and see how Long does on this next hire before I decide how I will view him long term.  Part of being a decision maker is making the best decision you can see.  I deal with him occasionally on matters not related to coaching and he genuinely does try to make good decisions for the program as a whole.  I think that gives him some latitude for a screw up now and again.  I can't abide a screw up compounded by a screw up though and that looks to be where we are headed.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: Terry (GUVHOG) Holcomb on September 17, 2012, 08:37:23 pm
You don't know that the statement in bold is correct nor do you have one shred of evidence to support it. Jeff Long was asked point blank if he talked to any BOT members or with the Chancellor before making the decision to fire Bobby, he said no he did not and has stated time and time again that it was HIS CALL and HIS ALONE. Even Gearhardt confirmed that he knew nothing about the decision until AFTER is was confirmed. What part of that do you not get???

The hiring of BP and MA was Jeff Long, and Jeff Long's call alone. 

You're refute it, but it's every bit as ludicrous as your thoughts on this, and you've been proven wrong time and time again Guv.  Get over it...move on.  You'll feel better. 
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: EastexHawg on September 17, 2012, 08:50:06 pm
Really?  Win at ALL COSTS?

So fining, reprimanding, sanctioning, or otherwise punishing a coach for sleeping with a woman in a menial position would be winning at "ALL COSTS?"

Drama queen much?

Some of you must have lived very, very sheltered lives.

Drama Queen huh?  Come on, can't you come up with better 6th grade insults than that? 

When will you move on from this?  It happened 6 months ago.  Can you give me a target date.  Will it be when a new coach is hired, or will it be four years from now when Auburn scores a last second field goal to beat us when we're undefeated going into the game?  At what point do you accept that BP was fired, and the reasons for it are not entirely known, but good enough for the UA?

It doesn't matter if YOU or anyone else thought he shouldn't have been fired.  It matters what the UA thought, and if they are standing behind Jeff Long, then the writing is on the wall for now.   

b0sc0b

Quote from: Tim Harris on September 17, 2012, 10:34:46 am
Unfortunately there are many posters on here who have that feeling and they will set their expectations so high that no coach will meet them.
First, we'd have to have a coach.  At this time we don't.  His press conference yesterday was embarrassing and humiliating to the university and the state.
Government is not the solution to our problem, government IS the problem.-Ronald Reagan

JDDC

Quote from: hobhog on September 17, 2012, 10:18:35 am
Not going dark. It is a cancer to the program. Let's see who the next hire is........

Pretty sure the v1 movement removed the cancer.  It's a dang shame it grew back.  I'll get the gamma knife.  PO'd fans are more of symptom than the disease.  At the root of the disease is arrogant and/or inept leadership.  It started with Bobby giving motorcycle mustache rides, and snow balled into the current product we see on the field.

The_Iceman

Quote from: 52tonuthin! on September 19, 2012, 12:51:13 am
the folks voting for 1, have to be the ones who will be voting for romney also.  the sunshine ricks of the world.

"I will cut the deficit in half."

$5 trillion dollars later.......

tbhogfan

Complete Darksider here.   Petrino should have been disciplined, not fired.   Long needs to make a Grand Slam Homerun hire to get me back on board.
Go Hogs!

jswineberiaskirk

September 19, 2012, 09:07:31 am #84 Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 09:14:19 am by jswineberiaskirk
Darkside

HoggieStyle

v2. Burn it to the ground and start over. At least at that point we'll have an excuse for losing to a SunBelt team and 52-0 to Bama.

If we lose to Rutgers, I'm starting a banner collection.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: HoggieStyle on September 19, 2012, 11:12:34 am
v2. Burn it to the ground and start over. At least at that point we'll have an excuse for losing to a SunBelt team and 52-0 to Bama.

If we lose to Rutgers, I'm starting a banner collection.

Get a leg up and start it now.  ESPN will love to show that on their highlights too.  Funny...no one cares about how the media perceives us when it comes to BP and winning.  Enter JL on camera, and now everyone cares right?   

Fly that banner.  Brando is just chomping at the bit to have a round table along with Nutt and anyone else who loves to poke fun at us.   

razorjacket43

Never was comfortable with the hire of JLS and was even more concernedafter the first gam. Then the ulm game confirmed my suspicions about him He has no ability to be a head coach if he cant control his co-ordinators. He should have made PP call more running plays than he did in the second half. Heck ol nut would have known you could run the clock out on them doing that. I cant support Long or Smith. I just hope Long redeems himself with the hire of the new coach.
One day soon, I see a National Championship Trophy in our Trophy Case........................

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: razorjacket43 on September 19, 2012, 12:01:17 pm
Never was comfortable with the hire of JLS and was even more concernedafter the first gam. Then the ulm game confirmed my suspicions about him He has no ability to be a head coach if he cant control his co-ordinators. He should have made PP call more running plays than he did in the second half. Heck ol nut would have known you could run the clock out on them doing that. I cant support Long or Smith. I just hope Long redeems himself with the hire of the new coach.

Very few were comfortable with JLS, but the UA was in a pickle.  I hope we get a great coach too.  If not, then some of the people who are bailing on the Hogs will have more time to complain here on Hogville, which is what I'm looking forward to. 

Doug

It's not surprising that so many people are not happy with JLS... what's surprising is the number of people that have voted that they still support Jeff Long while being darksiders towards JLS.

Keep voting, y'all!
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

HoggieStyle

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on September 19, 2012, 11:39:16 am
Get a leg up and start it now.  ESPN will love to show that on their highlights too.  Funny...no one cares about how the media perceives us when it comes to BP and winning.  Enter JL on camera, and now everyone cares right?   

Fly that banner.  Brando is just chomping at the bit to have a round table along with Nutt and anyone else who loves to poke fun at us.   

Well...let's see...first off, I was being a little bit tongue-in-sheek with the banner thing. Although, quite frankly, JLS is more than worthy.

So you just sit there on your hands and keep swallowing what they're feeding you. We're already the laughing stock of NCAA football. At least you feel good about it.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: HoggieStyle on September 19, 2012, 12:27:30 pm
Well...let's see...first off, I was being a little bit tongue-in-sheek with the banner thing. Although, quite frankly, JLS is more than worthy.

So you just sit there on your hands and keep swallowing what they're feeding you. We're already the laughing stock of NCAA football. At least you feel good about it.

Well, some people need to decide.  Do they care about the media, or not?  If they do, then this is setting up perfectly for them.  The negative publicity should spark the PTB to make a change faster than what they might otherwise.  No banners are even needed.  You're saving money.  (tongue in cheek) 

It may not be enough of a spark, but it's better than nothing.  It can't possibly help JL's cause to have his hire on TV trumping each press conference's blunder with an even better one to follow.

They're not making fun of us...the fans.  They're making fun of JLS, and the state of our program, because they absolutely LOVE it that BP proved them right.  Now it's likely a matter of time before our fans do something that they can make fun of, but for now...if we're showing up and cheering, then I don't think we're any sort of target. 

Don't show up, boo, fly a banner, or something equivalent...and they'll turn on us faster than Pujol's on a naval- high grooved fastball.     

choicesthops

I'm a complete darksider until Jeff Long redeems himself by opening up the checkbook for a great coach to save our program..

Grunt

Quote from: choicesthops on September 20, 2012, 12:08:54 am
I'm a complete darksider until Jeff Long redeems himself by opening up the checkbook for a great coach to save our program..
then leaving b'fore he mucks it up
The above is likely to be highly biased and may not be defensible.

007 License To Squeal

I have evolved......I thought the JLS hire was stupid from day 1.  Jeff Long's failure to act since the ULM loss has now convinced me that Long, JLS, PP, and PH must go......all of them......I have been a TRUE fan since the 60s. I have seen the ups and downs since then, but the current state of the program is, by far, the low point in my lifetime. It's time to COMPLETELY clean house and start from scratch. 

Message to the BOT- Fire Long, Fire JLs, Fire PP, Fire PH........immediately.  The program has been destroyed. I am a completely disgusted dark sider.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: hobhog on September 17, 2012, 10:18:35 am
Not going dark. It is a cancer to the program. Let's see who the next hire is........

Long, JLS, PP, and PH are the cancer....and the program is on life support....barely....The ONLY hope is to cut away the ENTIRE cancer and rebuild from scratch......immediately.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

snortyann

Thanks, Douglas.
I just finished reading the thread by the Longhugger that thinks v2's are a crazy fringe minority.

Hog-Corleone

I cant believe that there are 40 votes supporting JLS adn JL... WOW.
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

SpanHog

Quote from: The Great Hogsby on September 17, 2012, 10:21:21 am
I am now a complete darksider.

I will, however, ask Longs forgiveness if I have underestimated him. If he has a REAL football coach waiting for the season to end, he will earn my respect.

I am not holding my breath.

pretty much the same way with me.  Although I question Long's decision to hire anyone with such a shaky coaching track record {Mich St.} and the financial mess JLS got himself in, he is down to his last chance with me:  we need a proven competent head coach and, sad to say, it's time to clean house
proud graduate of the U of A 2013