Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If USF and UCF are both undefeated when they play each other...

Started by NuttinItUp, October 25, 2017, 09:27:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NuttinItUp

If USF and UCF are both undefeated and ranked top 10 when they play each other for the final game of the year, can we just use that as an elimination game and hire the winning coach?

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 25, 2017, 09:27:16 pm
If USF and UCF are both undefeated and ranked top 10 when they play each other for the final game of the year, can we just use that as an elimination game and hire the winning coach?

What makes you think either one wants to go to Fayetteville?

NuttinItUp

LZH

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 25, 2017, 09:30:03 pm
What makes you think they don't?

Have you ever been to Tampa and Orlando, and then compared it to Fayetteville? I would argue those two jobs, even though they are not high profile, are better jobs.

hoggusamoungus

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: LZH on October 25, 2017, 09:31:49 pm
Have you ever been to Tampa and Orlando, and then compared it to Fayetteville? I would argue those two jobs, even though they are not high profile, are better jobs.

And Florida doesn't have a state income tax.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on October 25, 2017, 09:35:44 pm
And Florida doesn't have a state income tax.

But they have hurricanes....and lots of weird people.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: NuttinItUp on October 25, 2017, 09:36:30 pm
But they have hurricanes....and lots of weird people.

And fertile recruiting grounds.  Oh, and titties.

LZH

Hogsmo Kramer

Maybe I'm biased but I'd pick Fayetteville over those two spots any day.

But I also really enjoy the outdoors and don't care to be in proximity to a large city.

Moved to Bentonville from Memphis and nowhere I'd rather be. We actually turned down an opportunity in Pensacola to move up here as well as other locations.

Different strokes though.
Hogville = The Nexus of the Universe!!!!!

Hawghiggs

Why would Charlie Strong take this job. He's getting paid around 5 million per year now. The man is 57 years old. He's probably just trying to make it for another 3-5 seasons before he retires.

woodrow hog call

I like it, make it an exciting game for hog fans, maybe have a #555-7,
Under the picture of the cordinators so we could vote for them like on the voice.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

Hou-Hog

I always find this humorous.  This team that does not have an sec schedule is undefeated.  What would their record be if they played our schedule?  Easy answer it would be crap as well. 

Picking a coach that is better than other bad coaches is not a path for success

Hawghiggs

Quote from: Hou-Hog on October 25, 2017, 10:33:27 pm
I always find this humorous.  This team that does not have an sec schedule is undefeated.  What would their record be if they played our schedule?  Easy answer it would be crap as well. 

But that's the thing. It doesn't matter that they don't play in the SEC or play a SEC schedule. That only matters to SEC first people. It doesn't matter to Oklahoma or Oklahoma state.

Jimbob111

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on October 25, 2017, 09:37:49 pm
Titties. Lots and lots of nice titties down there.

If you don't think Fayetteville has nice titties, too, you're doing it wrong...

Oh, wait, well, I do agree in Orlando you see them daily for like 9 months out of the year but still...
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Hou-Hog on October 25, 2017, 10:33:27 pm

If we are only allowed to pick coaches from the SEC, our list of candidates shrinks considerably.

You have to realize that most good coaches prove themselves in smaller conferences before moving up.

NuttinItUp

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 25, 2017, 10:20:25 pm
Why would Charlie Strong take this job. He's getting paid around 5 million per year now.

That is part of the appeal. The shorthorns would be paying half his salary for him to win here.

jkstock04

The spin for Charlie Strong to be our coach was extremely predictable. Senior laden team that was set up for a winning season and all of the sudden he's a hot commodity.

Bielema could've coached that team to a winning record this year.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on October 25, 2017, 09:29:01 pm
What makes you think either one wants to go to Fayetteville?
because it's a top 5 place to live with a vastly superior university?

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

BearsBisonsBoars

Lot less stress too. I've talked to more than a few fans of both programs. They're just happy to be here. It's a far cry from Hogville, tbh. (That's not a criticism of those who expect more. I expect more, too)

Depends on what these guys want, I guess. If they want to roll the dice and compete against the best, then maybe they'd be interested. If they just want to make a very good living doing what they love, I can't see any reason why they'd want to come here.

woodrow hog call

Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on October 26, 2017, 09:16:51 am
Lot less stress too. I've talked to more than a few fans of both programs. They're just happy to be here. It's a far cry from Hogville, tbh. (That's not a criticism of those who expect more. I expect more, too)

Depends on what these guys want, I guess. If they want to roll the dice and compete against the best, then maybe they'd be interested. If they just want to make a very good living doing what they love, I can't see any reason why they'd want to come here.

You bring up a good point that gets swept under the rug at times, the competitive nature of these guys. People gripe about the ego of some coaches, but if a man doesn't believe deep down in his soul, that he can recruit, teach,prepare, motivate, and game plan, as good as anybody in college football, then has no business being in SEC.

CBB found out the hard way that he is not at that level, nothing against the guy, he just came up too short in too many of those categories.
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 26, 2017, 09:11:13 am

The football team isn't vastly superior, thus the question.

RME

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 26, 2017, 09:11:13 am

What makes U of A a "vastly superior university?"

HogPharmer

Quote from: RyanMallettsEgo on October 26, 2017, 12:57:04 pm
What makes U of A a "vastly superior university?"

Our 11th place in the SEC in graduation rates among football players...

Or whatever it is we're 11th place in academically...
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

EastexHawg

Quote from: HogPharmer on October 26, 2017, 01:02:53 pm
Our 11th place in the SEC in graduation rates among football players...

Or whatever it is we're 11th place in academically...

Hey, mister, don't mention those numbers without pointing out they are an improvement.  Them's the rules.

HogPharmer

Quote from: EastexHawg on October 26, 2017, 01:35:06 pm
Hey, mister, don't mention those numbers without pointing out they are an improvement.  Them's the rules.

mia culpa... let's just say we're 11th place and not specify that it's 11th in the SEC. Some may think it's in regards to NCAA FBS teams...
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

Adam Stokes

I live in Orlando, and I can guarantee you 90% of the people in this town don't even know UCF is ranked. The schools lets out classes on gameday and give out free tickets with 60k students enrolled, has hundreds of thousands of alumni, have 2 million+ living in its metro, are undefeated, and they still can't fill up their 44k stadium. And USF is probably lesser than UCF these days.

holeinthewall

Quote from: Adam Stokes on October 28, 2017, 06:22:20 am
I live in Orlando, and I can guarantee you 90% of the people in this town don't even know UCF is ranked. The schools lets out classes on gameday and give out free tickets with 60k students enrolled, has hundreds of thousands of alumni, have 2 million+ living in its metro, are undefeated, and they still can't fill up their 44k stadium. And USF is probably lesser than UCF these days.

That's not what he said. He said are better jobs. And when you consider the recruiting base and getting kids and athletes on campus it is a much better situation to be in Florida than the middle of no where.  Sure they barely beat out the big 3 in recruiting but they get kids that the bigger schools want to make switch positions or just get overlooked because they are after someone they consider a better fit.