Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ian Steere

Started by batmanfan, September 22, 2017, 12:37:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

batmanfan

Back on the market. Decommitted from Creighton.
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

navyhog24

Easily take him over Reggie Chaney if given the opportunity, but I would bet our staff has moved on

ADavisTheGOAT

Hopefully the staff keeps recruiting him.
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

FineAsSwine

Steere  had offers to UConn, Kansas, Louisville, etc. Wonder if Arkansas is still an option.

azhog10

Says he's completely open but also said his reason for de-committing was that he wanted to be closer to home......So will be interesting to see how this plays out.

navyhog24

Quote from: azhog10 on September 22, 2017, 01:11:39 pm
Says he's completely open but also said his reason for de-committing was that he wanted to be closer to home......So will be interesting to see how this plays out.

That's what Perry said as well...I'll believe it when I see it

Hawg Red

Quote from: navyhog24 on September 22, 2017, 12:40:20 pm
Easily take him over Reggie Chaney if given the opportunity, but I would bet our staff has moved on

I was all about Steere initially, but I think I like Chaney more now. If we don't get Chaney, I'd love to have Steere, but hopefully the staff can lock it up with Reggie.

Hawg Red

Quote from: navyhog24 on September 22, 2017, 01:17:32 pm
That's what Perry said as well...I'll believe it when I see it

I guess we'd have to concede that he did achieve, too. I was thinking FSU, UGA, or Auburn, but Starkville is about half the distance for them that Fayetteville is. Also, could be that his mom found a job in/around Starkville. Bill Ingram said that she tried and could not get any looks in the Fayetteville area. I don't have any doubt that there is way more at play behind the decision to go to MSU, but on the surface, he can reasonably claim that he's going somewhere much closer to home. I think that was just the reason given for the public, though.

hdturner

Recruit both Steere and Chaney. In recruiting nothing is promise until they sign the dotted line. We will take whoever comitt first.

FineAsSwine

I like the idea of a Chaney, Phillips combo. Two is better than one, in this case.

HogFoo

Quote from: FineAsSwine on September 22, 2017, 01:58:49 pm
I like the idea of a Chaney, Phillips combo. Two is better than one, in this case.
no matter the combo, I want Jordan.  Can't go wrong with a 6'7 guard!  And I like Chaney as well because he can play the 4/5 and has an outside shot.  With that said, I'd also like to have a big in the middle. I know Chaney is about 6'8 230,  but I believe Steere was 6'10  And the dude looked like a beast inside on some of the videos I saw of him.  I don't know if he has any kind of an outside shot.  But, we could use a big enforcer inside like Adebayo for UK last season. Playing dunkball on everyone's head.  It'll work out. And if we can get a couple of these guys were on, sky is the limit how good we will be!  Very excited for bball season over the next few years!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

The_Iceman

September 23, 2017, 06:38:43 am #11 Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 05:04:34 pm by The_Iceman
Steere is the guy we really need in terms of size and position.

Razorod

NC State with the early Crystal Ball. They are much closer to his home I suppose.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

mhuff

Quote from: Razorod on September 24, 2017, 02:20:56 pm
NC State with the early Crystal Ball. They are much closer to his home I suppose.

Will not think we have a chance until he schedules a visit . Should find out something this week once he contracts coaches

ShadowHawg

This guy is good but I like the other guys we are on better. Love Phillips. Combination of size and skill creates mismatch opportunities at several different spots on the court whereas Steere really isn't a mismatch anywhere but can draw us even physically with some teams in the block.

Razorod

NC State is actually the school I thought of when he de-committed. Keatts, I think anyway, is going to prove to be a good hire for the Wolfpack. Good coach and good timing for NC State.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Razorod on September 24, 2017, 03:37:22 pm
NC State is actually the school I thought of when he de-committed. Keatts, I think anyway, is going to prove to be a good hire for the Wolfpack. Good coach and good timing for NC State.

Really like Keatts as well. They need to be more patient than they have been, though.

Razorod

Quote from: Hawg Red on September 24, 2017, 03:50:18 pm
Really like Keatts as well. They need to be more patient than they have been, though.
They will need patience and I think they'll give it to him.