Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fall World Series Scheduled

Started by TexasDad, October 05, 2016, 08:02:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TexasDad

Knot2brite

This is the least I have ever read about the fall ball season on here. No fall practice reports or any discussion. Did last years collapse kill a lot of the fervor that folks had for baseball? Being 4 and a half hours away from Baum, l need to get my hog baseball fix.
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

hawgcraZ

Scott7703

hawgcraZ

Quote from: Scott7703 on October 17, 2016, 04:01:34 pm
Was wondering the same thing.

Injury potentially?  Noticed Catron also left off this roster

Scott7703

Quote from: hawgcraZ on October 17, 2016, 04:14:05 pm

Yea that's odd. Maybe they are nicked up.

bulldog04

Eric Cole put on Twitter than both starting pitchers were throwing 99 and 100

Amityvillehogger

Quote from: bulldog04 on October 17, 2016, 05:35:56 pm

Johnson has a good program for pitchers. We'll see alot of guys throw gas while he's here. Lots of weighted balls and lower body work goes into it. Less running that Jorn emphasized. Allows for some of these skinny as a rail guys to add weight and have sustainable stamina for longer outings.

Good stuff. 
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

ucahogfan

Quote from: bulldog04 on October 17, 2016, 05:35:56 pm
Both are young guys who hit 93-94 last year. 99-100 this year is not out of the realm of the possibility. Hopefully we see them sitting 95-96 as starters this year.

PorkRyan

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on October 17, 2016, 06:09:17 pm
Johnson has a good program for pitchers. We'll see alot of guys throw gas while he's here. Lots of weighted balls and lower body work goes into it. Less running that Jorn emphasized. Allows for some of these skinny as a rail guys to add weight and have sustainable stamina for longer outings.

Good stuff.

Plus, science has shown all of that distance running does nothing for you and actually decreases velocity.  Lactic acid build up was a myth and pitchers need explosive muscles.  If you are going to run you need to do sprint work. Wes is on top of all of the newer science based programs. 

ricepig

Quote from: hawgcraZ on October 17, 2016, 01:05:07 pm
Is Wiggins already gone again?
He had wrist surgery, out for 3-4 months is being reported. With 16 spots needing to be cut, he's situation is definitely in doubt.

PorkRyan

DVH says that Evan Lee is further along than Eibner was as a hitter and pitcher.  High praise

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ricepig

Quote from: hawgcraZ on October 17, 2016, 04:14:05 pm

Catron is no longer on the roster.

Knot2brite

Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

flippinhogmana

Quote from: Knot2brite on October 20, 2016, 05:07:25 pm
Transferring or something else?

I thought some said that he was injured, and not on the fall roster because they could  have only so many players for the roster of the fall series.  Are you suspecting there is more to it than that?
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

ricepig

Quote from: flippinhogmana on October 20, 2016, 05:25:38 pm
I thought some said that he was injured, and not on the fall roster because they could  have only so many players for the roster of the fall series.  Are you suspecting there is more to it than that?

Wiggins is injured, Catron is no longer on the team.