Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2017 outlook

Started by soooieman, August 18, 2016, 12:01:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

soooieman

Just curious what some of you like UCA see next season looking like?? Now that the dust has settled on the draft I'd be interested to hear your take

flippinhogmana

Last year I was one of the ones who cautiously thought we would do very well.  However, our pitching just didnt mesh.  It will nearly always depend on pitching and defense, but we have a lot more coming back than we had last year despite our draft losses.  However, I am going to be less optimistic and let them prove me wrong this year.  We always seem to do better when we have low expectations.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

soooieman

dotnet

ricepig

Blake Wiggins is back on the team after a year at Southern Nevada??

hawgcraZ

Wiggins news is way out of left field.  He showed promise which was why I was super bummed to see him leave.  I think he may be the clubhouse leader for starting 3B.

soooieman

Quote from: dotnet on August 22, 2016, 12:05:08 pm
The always skip the sticky threads too...

www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=612332.0
No, I didn't. I wanted a more recent opinion. Also, so what if I did? I swear the Hogville police are like the East Germans in the 80's.

ucahogfan

Quote from: hawgcraZ on August 22, 2016, 04:57:47 pm
Wiggins news is way out of left field.  He showed promise which was why I was super bummed to see him leave.  I think he may be the clubhouse leader for starting 3B.
Yeah, if he can handle 3B defensively, I think he is the clubhouse leader. It is a big question mark now. I'm excited to see him back.

Kevin

Am I reading this right that Blake Wiggins is back
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

ucahogfan

Quote from: soooieman on August 22, 2016, 06:47:11 pm
No, I didn't. I wanted a more recent opinion. Also, so what if I did? I swear the Hogville police are like the East Germans in the 80's.
No change right now to my post draft line up.  Will update after fall ball.

dotnet

Quote from: soooieman on August 22, 2016, 06:47:11 pm

What if you did?  Hopefully you would be thankful that I made you aware of the thread - similar to how I was happy when I finally saw the referenced thread that I had missed:   

Quote from: dotnet on May 30, 2016, 02:19:09 pm
I always miss sticky threads, I had no idea this was here

Theoretically, you wouldn't whine and compare someone trying to help you out with an authoritarian police state that was a soviet shadow government.  But maybe there is crying in baseball...

Knot2brite

I read the above sticky and the only thing I can see that I would change is Shaddy going to second...I thought I heard this summer that DVH was talking about him moving to second because that would probably be where he would play in pro ball
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required