Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Baseball Season Tickets

Started by soooieman, August 12, 2016, 11:20:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

soooieman

Can any of you help me out? I would like to get 2 season tickets between the dugouts. What can I expect as far as ticket price and donation? I know season ticket holders get a little break in cost. What are my odds at getting 2 in that area?

jry04

Quote from: mrp on August 13, 2016, 11:49:54 pm
Roughly $600 for the pair. After last season I'd say you have a legitimate shot at getting them.
Last season will have very little, if any, impact on season ticket holders. Pretty silly statement.

Quote from: soooieman on August 12, 2016, 11:20:09 pm
Can any of you help me out? I would like to get 2 season tickets between the dugouts. What can I expect as far as ticket price and donation? I know season ticket holders get a little break in cost. What are my odds at getting 2 in that area?
$75 donation per seat, and about $200-$225/seat for the ticket, so like the previous poster said around $600.

soooieman

spe450

Quote from: mrp on August 23, 2016, 12:28:24 am

Not silly. There are openings every year and if you watched last year that may provide a few more.

There aren't generally fans that will bail after a bad season in the seats that the OP requested.  Those fans have typically held those seats for a decade or more.

spe450

Quote from: mrp on September 03, 2016, 03:45:41 pm
Those seats come open more often than you think. You're just believing everything gentleman Jeff tells you.

Just since this past season I know of several corporations that have cut back on their entertainment expenses and hog baseball and football tickets have been one of the cuts.

I really don't care what long says but I have been a season ticket holder for a decade now and I know how long those people in those seats have had them and that it is rare for a new ticket holder to get into them.  There is a line of people with high priority points that are waiting for those seats.  There is no way anyone would be able to only pay anywhere near the minimum for those and get them in the first shot.

Also, a large portion of those seats are reserved for players tickets and VIP.

TexasDad

Where are the player's seats typically? If your kid is lucky enough to get a roster spot?

ricepig

Quote from: TexasDad on September 08, 2016, 04:58:56 pm
Where are the player's seats typically? If your kid is lucky enough to get a roster spot?

On warm sunny days, where all the cute girls they've given their tickets too.......

Amityvillehogger

What's a suite go for now days ?
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on September 12, 2016, 09:13:04 pm
What's a suite go for now days ?
If you gotta ask...

But on a serious note I have no idea. I know in the past they have had a pretty good waiting list for them.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

outlawhogeywells

bfosh

Agree on ability to get between dugouts is slim if you aren't a high classification donor(BM or around)
Have been a season ticket holder on baseball for 6 or 7 years at Wild hog level and have asked to get behind a screen every year...most years giving $5-600 to baseball. 
While I could move in a little, I have stayed in 1st row further down the line.  Rather be in 1st row than buried in the crowd past the dugouts.

These are long time ticket holders that will never give up their seats(I wouldn't either) because the donation/ticket prices are so cheap if you've had them so long or they are at a high donation level that pick them up when someone does give up their seats.

I thought I remembered a year or more ago, the foundation stating an increase in donation levels required and I don't think that happened or if it did, it wasn't much.

Just the way it is with baseball season tickets.
Its a great value and a great product/fun for the family.

PigWig

Quote from: spe450 on August 23, 2016, 07:46:19 am
There aren't generally fans that will bail after a bad season in the seats that the OP requested.  Those fans have typically held those seats for a decade or more.
My grandfather picked out his seats when Baum was still under construction.  They've pretty much been gifted to us over the last few years as he is no longer in the greatest of health, but I can definitely vouch for this statement.