Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt talks football in Pascagoula

Started by jbcarol, May 11, 2011, 01:44:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

... took a moment to appeal through the media to the city's most notable high school athlete.

"We've got to have Senquez Golson," Nutt said. "He's so physical, so fast. I love his intensity, his leadership skills. We've got to have him."

Quote"We were leading 31-10 at halftime," Nutt said. "And everybody left at halftime, including our players it seemed like. It just wasn't right; it didn't feel good. Bottom line: You've got to buckle up both chin straps for 60 minutes in the league we're in.

"You're not supposed to have the signing class we had at 4-8. I think it says a lot, when nobody thinks you're going to sign a soul, and you basically dominate the state with the best players. It sent a real message. Our guys did an outstanding job of recruiting.

"We've got three guys who are really talented and we'll put the best one out there. Randall Mackey, you can see why he was a junior college All-American (in 2009). Zack Stoudt is another one -- big, tall, 6-foot-5 and can really throw the ball, very accurate. And then Barry Brunetti gets stamped eligible (by the NCAA). That was one thing that was really positive, as opposed to the way it went last year with Jeremiah."

The Rebels' 2011 schedule, which begins Sept. 3 at home against BYU and also includes road games at Fresno State, Auburn and Mississippi State: "It's very tough, but it's great for the fans. I don't mind playing one big non-conference game. We've got Texas coming on next year, so our fans are in for a treat. What's difficult is when you play BYU and then have to go play Fresno State. That was a big win for us (at home) last year, but now you go out there three time zones away and you better be ready."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Sivad

I LOVE Nutt's press interviews, I really do.
What used to make me cringe, now is just absolutely top notch in it's bizarro rating and it's sheer hilarity.

SteveInArk

- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Doug

What I love is just how much that rat bahstid has aged since he's been at Ole Piss.

Ole Piss and Ole Hootie truly deserve each other. :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

jbcarol

Quote from: cityhog on May 11, 2011, 01:54:03 pm
Isn't it illegal to talk about a recruit by name?

Normally this would have been a violation.

Golson had already sent an LOI to Ole Miss and is weighing his pro baseball option.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

havok

Probably what happened:      "Nutt spoke in great detail to an Enthusiastic Crown, of everything he knows about football..."

Organizers of the event were visably concerned, scrambling to find another speaker to fill in the remaining 55 minutes of the 1 hour allocated to Nutt.

hogaworking

In two or three more years he may Begin to resemble the Col. Reb to much to be able to keep him around.

cityhog

My question is, does Hootie get more popular the further south he goes in MS?

PIGZSNOUT

Quote from: cityhog on May 11, 2011, 04:03:14 pm
My question is, does Hootie get more popular the further south he goes in MS?

Hell no, I live in Biloxi, and there is a fair share of hatred for him. At first they were thanking the Hogs for sending him packing, and now theyre begging for the Hogs to take him back. It truly is comical, and very enjoyable.

OTTER

Did the squirrel go berserk, in the first self righteous church, in the sleepy little town of Pascagoula?

(I gotta give Ray Stevens all the credit for that) ;)
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

Mr. Hughes

May 11, 2011, 05:30:26 pm #11 Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 05:32:10 pm by Mr. Hughes
"However, the Rebels' hopes derailed quickly in a season-opening, 49-48, double-overtime loss to Division I-AA Jacksonville State and Ole Miss finished 4-8.

"We were leading 31-10 at halftime," Nutt said. "And everybody left at halftime, including our players it seemed like. It just wasn't right; it didn't feel good. Bottom line: You've got to buckle up both chin straps for 60 minutes in the league we're in.
"

I didn't realize that Jacksonville State was in the SEC. Oh wait. Surely he doesn't mean that Division I-AA is a 2 chinstrap league.

Buff

Ole Miss dominated the state in recrootin?

Only reason Nuttcake mentioned Fresno was to point out OM beat them last year and make an excuse for the ass-kicking they will receive going to Fresno
this year. Nutt is soooooo sloooooooow.  He didn't mention that Fresno had to backtrack 3 time zones to play at OM last year.  Fresno and Coach Hill are one of my favorite teams just because they don't back away from anyone.  Hill is a coach who can truly get more from less.  Nutt couildn't win the SEC with the NFL all pro team if they had to follow Nutt's instructions. 

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: Douglas on May 11, 2011, 02:03:09 pm

What I love is just how much that rat bahstid has aged since he's been at Ole Piss.

Yes, the Dork is not exactly aging like a fine wine over in Oxfart.

ThrillaHog

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on May 12, 2011, 12:04:36 am
Yes, the Dork is not exactly aging like a fine wine over in Oxfart.
Nutt looks terrible

SteveInArk

Quote from: ThrillaHog on May 12, 2011, 06:18:32 pm
Nutt looks terrible

Yeah, he is losing that "fit and trim" look.  Must have been skipping some of those pickup BB games in favor of the newest Sonic Blast.

This will definitely cut into his available pool of potential texting partners. ;D
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Albert Einswine

"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

havok

Quote from: cityhog on May 11, 2011, 01:54:03 pm
Isn't it illegal to talk about a recruit by name?

I Would think so... but it is Also Illegal to pay a Player (Or his parents/agent/coach) to get a kid too.. but that evidently is not enforced..LOL

DeltaBoy

LOL I like others are really enjoying Nutt at Ole Myth and those Pressers!
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Sivad

rmcchris

Nutto better check his time zones, I think Fresno is TWO time zones away, not three per his quote.  You can't make this stuff up!

Pokechop

Quote from: rmcchris on May 13, 2011, 12:51:29 pm
Nutto better check his time zones, I think Fresno is TWO time zones away, not three per his quote.  You can't make this stuff up!

No it's not by Nutt's 'rithmetic. 

"Let's see The Univ of Ole Miss is on Central time.  That's one.  Then the Univ of whatever that state is it's on Mountain time so that's two.  Then the Univ of Fresno State is on uh.....Pacific time.  That's three!  Dang I should've majored in math in college at The Univ of Oklahoma State."

So in his wacky world yeah he thinks it's 3 time zones away. 

He's pathetic.

SteveInArk

Those time zones come at you so fast....!    ;D

Justifiable Hogicide

Quote from: SteveInArk on May 13, 2011, 07:27:15 pm
Those time zones come at you so fast....! 
There are a lot of other schools out there that wish they were in our time zone.

old hog

One question, was the press conference held in the bathroom?  ???

reds10

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on May 14, 2011, 12:07:29 am
There are a lot of other schools out there that wish they were in our time zone.

I Sea what you did there......

jackflash

As far as coach Nutt getting more poplar. Like the fact he not coaching the Razorbacks. Does this count?

Sivad

Quote from: old hog on May 14, 2011, 04:57:23 am

One question, was the press conference held in the bathroom?  ???

Why yes....it was!

jbcarol

Houston Nutt and David Lee are scheduled to speak to Rebel/Black Bear fans the evening of May 24 at Table 100 in Flowood.

SteveInArk

Quote from: jbcarol on May 16, 2011, 02:16:28 pm
Houston Nutt and David Lee are scheduled to speak to Rebel/Black Bear fans the evening of May 24 at Table 100 in Flowood.

"5 Stars for the bacon cheeseburger!  I am not sure about the rest of the food, but if the BCB is any indication of the quality of the food overall, you won't be disappointed in Table 100."

After a quick check of the internets.  What about the dessert?  ;D

Jimmy

Houston Nutt:  the gift that keeps on giving.

keithh1999

In Pascagoula, Hot Springs, El Paso... it's the same ol cliches. It is enjoyable to read this crap now... not so much when he was here. Thank God that the nutty bunch are in misisippppipppi now.

Hey Ole Miss fans... are you still questioning us?? Bwahahahaha
Pig Farmers are cool.