Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Logic

Started by Hogballisback, December 05, 2017, 07:04:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snouty

Quote from: brenthog on December 05, 2017, 07:17:15 pm
You mean the same "Logic" and 99% of football pundits that said Bret Bielema was a home run hire.

The frustration you see is built up over those years of inept coaching searches and hires that delivered Bret, Houston Nutt, John L Smith, john Pelfrey, and Stan Heath.

Deja vu all over again.

Phil D

Quote from: Hogballisback on December 05, 2017, 07:04:30 pm
Alright folks. Time for a dose of realism.

1. The people who are coming in and posting positive things about Morris aren't a conspiracy. People at the U of A do not care about Hogville threads. Please, use some logic.

2. Do not protest the press conference. Please, use some logic.

3. Morris was 13-24. Please stop quoting this record as the only fact to support not liking this hire. He has improved a garbage program every year and he comes from the Dabo/Gus/Briles coaching tree. Please, use some logic.

4. Do not cancel your season tickets before giving CCM a fair shot. You kept tickets for five years for CBB but are ready to quit because you don't like a hire who has a better pedigree and coaching philosophy that checks every box we want the most? (Can recruit - see Clemson, can recruit Texas - see SMU, can develop players - see Courtland Sutton, can rebuild a failing program - see SMU, and has an innovative offense. Your money also is important for the program you want to see successful to succeed. Please, use some logic.

5. You're fine to not like the hire, but dumb to literally yell and scream on talk radio or post anonymously on message boards trashing it when current and future players might just see it. Please, use some logic.

6. Coaches and industry analysts and former players that like the hire know more about Chad Morris and more about college football than 99% of you. Don't make snap judgements without any real research or talking to someone who would be able to evaluate his style/approach/development/etc. Please, use some logic.

7. The media is not a mouthpiece for CCM. Or the U of A. They only reported what they were being told or what they were hearing about their reputation. I am not an authority on much - just being honest with myself and you - but I DO know for a fact that this is not a con to make the average fan support the hire. Please, use some logic.

The only logic I didn't use here is caring a little too much about how this message board feels. But ladies and gentlemen, this board is a mess and is embarrassing. You don't have to love the hire - but please no more overly emphatic threads and posts trashing CCM without any logic behind randomly chose facts or feelings. And goodness, end the conspriacy theories.

Please, use some logic.

WPS, welcome Coach Morris.

8. Hogville is anything BUT logical.
GO HOGS!!!!!!

Pig Worshipper

Quote from: brenthog on December 05, 2017, 07:17:15 pm
You mean the same "Logic" and 99% of football pundits that said Bret Bielema was a home run hire.

The frustration you see is built up over those years of inept coaching searches and hires that delivered Bret, Houston Nutt, John L Smith, john Pelfrey, and Stan Heath.
Amen, brother! Logic has nothing to do with this hire.
Since the disappointing announcement of Mr. Mediocrity as coach of our beloved Razorbacks, I've watched hours of his press conferences, studied his coaching philosophy and read the glowing, gushing cult-like fanboy crushes here on Hogville.

I've also paid close attention to the absolute silence on Hogville from some of the better, more-informed posters. That speaks volumes to me and should to all of you "Lovers of Logic" out there. You know why they are not posting? Maybe they have better manners than I do and don't want to be a "wet blanket". I feel no similar compunction.

They are not posting because they hate this hire every bit as much as I do. I am sick and tired of the mediocrity in our football program. Chad Morris is very reminiscent of Houston Nutt, but he doesn't even have the charisma of Nutt (let that sink in for a moment!). He has all the dull as dishwater charm of a John Pelphrey. If you think this guy is going to go into 4 and 5-star recruits' living rooms and bring them back to Fayetteville, you will be severely disappointed.

I will give Coach Morris his due - he will be better than Bielema was and will win 8-9 games next year, but we will never get to the championship or the Sugar Bowl with him. Arkansas deserves much better than Chad Morris but we Hogs will continue to wallow in Mediocrity for years to come.

DocHogliday

Quote from: wachhog link=topic=651480.msg11239865#msg11239865 date=15

Funny, all these posters with less than 100 posts praising the hire. UofA. boosters' employees,  maybe? Or a PR firm?

I'm your Huckleberry. I, sir, get paid by bitcoin, but my hypocrisy only goes so far.
I beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. "Play for Blood," remember?

KCRazorbackfan

Logic on Hogville?  Dilly, dilly.   
Life took me to Central Florida, but I'll always be a Razorback.

pigmania

Quote from: Snouty on December 09, 2017, 12:50:00 am
Deja vu all over again.
Every hire is a home run hire if you listen to the propaganda being fed to Razorback fans.

_Hamlet_

Please, lets be logical.

Jones3744

I totally agree with the post.

elkhog

1. The people who are coming in and posting positive things about Morris aren't a conspiracy. People at the U of A do not care about Hogville threads. Please, use some logic.

3. Morris was 13-24. Please stop quoting this record as the only fact to support not liking this hire. He has improved a garbage program every year and he comes from the Dabo/Gus/Briles coaching tree. Please, use some logic.

4. Do not cancel your season tickets before giving CCM a fair shot. You kept tickets for five years for CBB but are ready to quit because you don't like a hire who has a better pedigree and coaching philosophy that checks every box we want the most? (Can recruit - see Clemson, can recruit Texas - see SMU, can develop players - see Courtland Sutton, can rebuild a failing program - see SMU, and has an innovative offense. Your money also is important for the program you want to see successful to succeed. Please, use some logic.

5. You're fine to not like the hire, but dumb to literally yell and scream on talk radio or post anonymously on message boards trashing it when current and future players might just see it. Please, use some logic.

6. Coaches and industry analysts and former players that like the hire know more about Chad Morris and more about college football than 99% of you. Don't make snap judgements without any real research or talking to someone who would be able to evaluate his style/approach/development/etc. Please, use some logic.

7. The media is not a mouthpiece for CCM. Or the U of A. They only reported what they were being told or what they were hearing about their reputation. I am not an authority on much - just being honest with myself and you - but I DO know for a fact that this is not a con to make the average fan support the hire. Please, use some logic.

The only logic I didn't use here is caring a little too much about how this message board feels. But ladies and gentlemen, this board is a mess and is embarrassing. You don't have to love the hire - but please no more overly emphatic threads and posts trashing CCM without any logic behind randomly chose facts or feelings. And goodness, end the conspriacy theories.

Please, use some logic.

Pump him up propaganda. 
GO HOGS!!!

racinghog

Please, use some logic.

I will try to point out to you some things that are a concern to some of us here by going through your list of logic.

1. It is strange that the number of "newbies" has increased dramatically. And almost to a poster being sunshine pumpers. This is interesting to say the least.
2. I agree. The press conference has already occurred as I respond.
3. Well 13-24 is his record. Scott Frost took virtually the same program at UCF, with a record of 1-11 the previous year, and in 3 years time was 13-0 and playing in a Jan 1 bowl game. Can you see a difference.
4. I agree lets go to the games, do not cancel your season tickets. But about recruiting I am underwhelmed with his recruiting thus his record for the last 3 years. I am basing this on his ranking within the AAC only. When you sit smack dab in the middle of some of the most fertile recruiting ground in America one would think it should be better than 8th in that conference.
5. Again I agree. I only post this to point out to you that maybe a pumping of the brakes may be in order. But this is just a suggestion.
6. Maybe these so called experts would like to see ARK right where we are. If it is research you want please understand this CCM has been in a college coaching for 7 years (I think maybe 8 ) and only at the P5 level for 3. The coaches that he is bringing with him have a combined total of 12 years college coaching experience. 9 of those years were at SMU thus their only coaching experiece for 2 of those assistants. Now these guys are going to line up in 9 months against the SEC West and out think them?
7. I agree but they are fed things and someone at the UofA are their sources.

Hope this helps to give some more clarity into why those of us who really do look deeply may be concerned here. 

Hogtimes

Quote from: Hogballisback on December 05, 2017, 09:41:45 pm
I am not new. And I am way smarter than most of you. Enjoy your evening.

Modest too...

WarEagleSharkFalconHawg

"We must accept finite disappointment but never lose infinite hope." MLK Jr. Here's to hope!

kid squealer

Quote from: jabberjawls on December 05, 2017, 09:37:39 pm
This is funny coming from someone with 65 posts.
There are a lot of people who are "on" HV without posting much, if any.  It doesn't mean that they don't have insight.  Most of all don't be a jackwagon! 
SMITE ME JACKWAGONS!!!  I NEED TO BE THE -1 KING!!!

Hogballisback

Quote from: SugarHillGaHog on December 08, 2017, 11:32:24 pm
I found your thoughts interesting until the smarter thing.  Thin skinned much?  Just arrogant?  You won't be happy here much if so.  That was a minor.

I did get called ignorant - not allowed to return fire?

Hogballisback

Quote from: rhog1 on December 09, 2017, 12:29:20 am
I like the hire too, but you should wait until he actually wins something to be calling people out.

It's more about people who trashed him, trashed the OP, and then now love him.

Bash

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 05, 2017, 09:40:44 pm
Logic: A great coach would have gotten at least 60% wins from that SMU squad

13-24.

At a school that has a 32% winning percentage since the death penalty? At a school whose best year since the death penalty was 8-5, which has only happened twice?
The past was erased, the erasure was forgotten, the lie became truth.

hogfooey

I can't resist. Good post Spock  ;D
If the Hogs are wrong!  I don't want to be right!

Bash

Quote from: Philip Seaton on December 05, 2017, 10:04:36 pm
So before sunshine pumping another 3- to 5-year rebuild, remember that.

I, like everyone else here, have no idea how Morris will do.  But how is making a case that he might just succeed here sunshine pumping?

East Clintwood

Please, don't be a jackass.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: Bash on December 09, 2017, 12:09:04 pm
I, like everyone else here, have no idea how Morris will do.  But how is making a case that he might just succeed here sunshine pumping?

To people that live in the basement, a little bit of sunshine can be blinding.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

3Scoreand10

Quote from: pigmania on December 09, 2017, 12:49:17 am
I don't have to use his losing record at SMU as an argument against Morris. His recruiting record for 2017 was ranked 80th in the country and 8th in the AAC. A great recruiter should be doing better than 8th in a non Power 5 conference.

The question is----
How many of those recruits from those who were rated higher could qualify for SMU.
One should look at ALL the facts before making such bold statements.

Based on the thinking that everyone is entitled to their opinion makes nearly every thread and post acceptable.  I will say, like him or not, our leaders hired him.  I like his energy, his attitude and his appearance as those are some things I can see for myself.  I also will discount his record at SMU due to circumstances he didn't control.  Comparing him to Bret Bielema, I like the 3 items mentioned better than Bret.  I like his chosen scheme better than Bret's.  So without ever touching the field, this Guy is up 4-0 over the wasted money Dude we just fired. 

My expectations are 6 wins regular season in 2018.  Bret might have gotten 4 if kept in my opinion.  If Chad does actually hire a good DC, we might actually be better than that.  If we are just wasting money on this hire, look on the bright side, we are wasting it slower than before.  I know we just had to pay buyouts but think, Bret was never going to be better on average than what he was showing.  The SEC will not ever get bad enough for Bret to actually win something in it.  So change was necessary in my opinion.  We upgraded to energetic, clean shaven, different scheme that might have a chance in the SEC, and a person who I believe can at least stay awake and know which team is his when on the field playing the game. 

I will get downright Giddy if it turns out this Guy can field Special Teams, gets a decent DC, gets the team conditioned before mid-season, knows a little about what to do at halftime and maybe, just maybe plays the best players instead of the players he likes best.

From where I stand, we are trending in the correct direction here.

RebelliousHog

Quote from: jabberjawls on December 05, 2017, 09:37:39 pm
This is funny coming from someone with 65 posts.

And you have 705.  Who made you an expert?

Don't be a Richard Cranium.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Science Fiction Greg

Number of posts has nothing to do with anything.  Maybe, MAYBE, if all of the people in favor had fewer than 5 posts.  But they don't.  This is paranoid conspiracy theory nonsense to think the University of Arkansas hired people to shill for their coach choice on freaking Hogville.  Serious nut case territory.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.

majestic

Quote from: kid squealer on December 09, 2017, 09:35:27 am
There are a lot of people who are "on" HV without posting much, if any.  It doesn't mean that they don't have insight.  Most of all don't be a jackwagon! 
Says the guy who has been here for a bit more than a month. I'd love to traceroute these new members.
Voluntary epidemiologist - Voted for W in 08

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: majestic on December 09, 2017, 02:24:16 pm
Says the guy who has been here for a bit more than a month. I'd love to traceroute these new members.

wow

Three and Snout

Quote from: Hogballisback on December 05, 2017, 10:18:05 pm
And it's true that if people pull out then the chance of success lessens.

If the goal is a baby, you are correct. 

Hogballisback

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on December 09, 2017, 02:18:35 pm
Number of posts has nothing to do with anything.  Maybe, MAYBE, if all of the people in favor had fewer than 5 posts.  But they don't.  This is paranoid conspiracy theory nonsense to think the University of Arkansas hired people to shill for their coach choice on freaking Hogville.  Serious nut case territory.

This post is exactly why I wrote the OP.

#1: U of A doesn't care about Hogville posters. You're giving yourself way too much credit.
#2: this is silly on its own merit. Do people sometimes spin because they were paid off? Yes. But good gosh, he just got hired. Winning will build positive public sentiment. No one cares about HV melting down right now over this hire.

Hogballisback

Quote from: Three and Snout on December 09, 2017, 02:43:47 pm
If the goal is a baby, you are correct.

+1 I laughed out loud!

East Clintwood

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on December 09, 2017, 02:18:35 pm

Well, obviously, you're one of "them".  Maybe you're even in charge of hiring the shills, so now you're here defending them.  Somebody needs to keep an eye on you.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Bash

I want to be a paid shill.  Can someone PM me the application form?

LawyerHog50

Quote from: Bash on December 09, 2017, 11:59:30 am
At a school that has a 32% winning percentage since the death penalty? At a school whose best year since the death penalty was 8-5, which has only happened twice?

We are looking for a good coach, not an average coach.

Chad "13-22" Morris matched the average winning percentage.

What PR firm do you work for?
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

Three and Snout

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 09, 2017, 06:24:58 pm
Chad "13-22" Morris matched the average winning percentage.

Well, technically it's 0.37142857142, but not much better than 32%.

LuckyGiraffe

At best this hire is a B-. If you are selling it as more than that, you are the fool. Once he names BV as his DC, it will become an A+ hire.

Paul

I believe it would be illogical to ignore the PR storm promoting Morris that the media rained down on us for days before his announcement as head coach.  We're not as naive as you think.  I do believe the media is the mouthpiece of the faction of the U of A that controlled the hiring of the AD & head coach

Bash

I'd love to traceroute these new members.

Do you even know what that means?

Try this: 208.73.137.114

jkstock04

Quote from: Paul on December 10, 2017, 08:56:42 pm
I believe it would be illogical to ignore the PR storm promoting Morris that the media rained down on us for days before his announcement as head coach.  We're not as naive as you think.  I do believe the media is the mouthpiece of the faction of the U of A that controlled the hiring of the AD & head coach
Agreed...when the media really started pushing it immediately after Malzahn signed his extension I knew it was a done deal.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

NuttinItUp

Logic the rapper? 

He is awesome!!

(Note: I fully expect that people on Hogville will not have heard of the hottest rapper in this day-and-age (#1 in ticket sales 2017 of ALL performers) but I thought it was a funny joke for the OP's titles.)

hogblitz

I was not for the hiring of Morris.  However, I do see some potential HOPE of it being a good hire. Time will tell.  A good DC hire would be HUGE. 

Mjs84

Quote from: Hogtrillian on December 05, 2017, 09:59:08 pm
You're asking too much of these humble fans.

Had I been drinking something I would have spit it out laughing.  Hell, this is only my 69th or 70th post and I may be paid to soften up the CCM hire on this message board, but I do have a sense of humor!

War Boar

Quote from: hookshog on December 05, 2017, 09:47:04 pm
Nice post. He wasn't my first choice, but he's now the coach of a team I have followed for 40+ yrs. so I will support him like I did every other coach we have had.  And just because some of us don't post a lot  doesn't mean that we aren't on here a lot.

I can attest to that.

Dumb ole famrboy

Quote from: 3Scoreand10 on December 09, 2017, 01:03:55 pm
The question is----
How many of those recruits from those who were rated higher could qualify for SMU.
One should look at ALL the facts before making such bold statements.
Have you looked at his recruiting at SMU?

Per Rivals
Year     Signed      5-Star  4-Star    3-Star
2017       18            0        0           8
2016       24            0        0           3
2015       23            0        0           4

Augustus

LMAO