Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Logic

Started by Hogballisback, December 05, 2017, 07:04:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogballisback

Alright folks. Time for a dose of realism.

1. The people who are coming in and posting positive things about Morris aren't a conspiracy. People at the U of A do not care about Hogville threads. Please, use some logic.

2. Do not protest the press conference. Please, use some logic.

3. Morris was 13-24. Please stop quoting this record as the only fact to support not liking this hire. He has improved a garbage program every year and he comes from the Dabo/Gus/Briles coaching tree. Please, use some logic.

4. Do not cancel your season tickets before giving CCM a fair shot. You kept tickets for five years for CBB but are ready to quit because you don't like a hire who has a better pedigree and coaching philosophy that checks every box we want the most? (Can recruit - see Clemson, can recruit Texas - see SMU, can develop players - see Courtland Sutton, can rebuild a failing program - see SMU, and has an innovative offense. Your money also is important for the program you want to see successful to succeed. Please, use some logic.

5. You're fine to not like the hire, but dumb to literally yell and scream on talk radio or post anonymously on message boards trashing it when current and future players might just see it. Please, use some logic.

6. Coaches and industry analysts and former players that like the hire know more about Chad Morris and more about college football than 99% of you. Don't make snap judgements without any real research or talking to someone who would be able to evaluate his style/approach/development/etc. Please, use some logic.

7. The media is not a mouthpiece for CCM. Or the U of A. They only reported what they were being told or what they were hearing about their reputation. I am not an authority on much - just being honest with myself and you - but I DO know for a fact that this is not a con to make the average fan support the hire. Please, use some logic.

The only logic I didn't use here is caring a little too much about how this message board feels. But ladies and gentlemen, this board is a mess and is embarrassing. You don't have to love the hire - but please no more overly emphatic threads and posts trashing CCM without any logic behind randomly chose facts or feelings. And goodness, end the conspriacy theories.

Please, use some logic.

WPS, welcome Coach Morris.

JudgeHogg

JudgeHogg

Capt. Hamm

Quote from: Hogballisback on December 05, 2017, 07:04:30 pm

1. The people who are coming in and posting positive things about Morris aren't a conspiracy. People at the U of A do not care about Hogville threads. Please, use some logic.

3. Morris was 13-24. Please stop quoting this record as the only fact to support not liking this hire. He has improved a garbage program every year and he comes from the Dabo/Gus/Briles coaching tree. Please, use some logic.

4. Do not cancel your season tickets before giving CCM a fair shot. You kept tickets for five years for CBB but are ready to quit because you don't like a hire who has a better pedigree and coaching philosophy that checks every box we want the most? (Can recruit - see Clemson, can recruit Texas - see SMU, can develop players - see Courtland Sutton, can rebuild a failing program - see SMU, and has an innovative offense. Your money also is important for the program you want to see successful to succeed. Please, use some logic.

5. You're fine to not like the hire, but dumb to literally yell and scream on talk radio or post anonymously on message boards trashing it when current and future players might just see it. Please, use some logic.

6. Coaches and industry analysts and former players that like the hire know more about Chad Morris and more about college football than 99% of you. Don't make snap judgements without any real research or talking to someone who would be able to evaluate his style/approach/development/etc. Please, use some logic.

7. The media is not a mouthpiece for CCM. Or the U of A. They only reported what they were being told or what they were hearing about their reputation. I am not an authority on much - just being honest with myself and you - but I DO know for a fact that this is not a con to make the average fan support the hire. Please, use some logic.

The only logic I didn't use here is caring a little too much about how this message board feels. But ladies and gentlemen, this board is a mess and is embarrassing. You don't have to love the hire - but please no more overly emphatic threads and posts trashing CCM without any logic behind randomly chose facts or feelings. And goodness, end the conspriacy theories.

Please, use some logic.

ditto

Dr. Starcs

If only we had people making these hires use logic. Gmafb

hawg1221

A thread titled "Logic" on Hogville... that's crazy!

brenthog

You mean the same "Logic" and 99% of football pundits that said Bret Bielema was a home run hire.

The frustration you see is built up over those years of inept coaching searches and hires that delivered Bret, Houston Nutt, John L Smith, john Pelfrey, and Stan Heath.

Hogballisback

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on December 05, 2017, 07:13:21 pm
If only we had people making these hires use logic. Gmafb

They did. You're not using any.

Hogballisback

Quote from: brenthog on December 05, 2017, 07:17:15 pm
You mean the same "Logic" and 99% of football pundits that said Bret Bielema was a home run hire.

The frustration you see is built up over those years of inept coaching searches and hires that delivered Bret, Houston Nutt, John L Smith, john Pelfrey, and Stan Heath.

Frustration over those guys doesn't warrant frustration here. Also, in no way, shape, or form is this hire like CBB. Please, use some logic.

brenthog

Quote from: Hogballisback on December 05, 2017, 07:24:24 pm
Frustration over those guys doesn't warrant frustration here. Also, in no way, shape, or form is this hire like CBB. Please, use some logic.

A pattern in ineptitude warrants frustration. Your post makes you ignorant.

jabberjawls

Please, use some logic.

This is funny coming from someone with 65 posts.

Flrazrback

How can we make judgements on a new coach with our program before we see his product hit the field? Simple Answer... We Can NOT ...

LawyerHog50

Please, use some logic.

Logic: A great coach would have gotten at least 60% wins from that SMU squad

13-24.
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

Hogballisback

Quote from: jabberjawls on December 05, 2017, 09:37:39 pm

I am not new. And I am way smarter than most of you. Enjoy your evening.

LawyerHog50

Quote from: Flrazrback on December 05, 2017, 09:40:07 pm
How can we make judgements on a new coach with our program before we see his product hit the field? Simple Answer... We Can NOT ...

We can make logical predictions and remove all excitement and anticipation based on them.

13-24 at SMU means we are gonna suck hard the next few years.
"The definition of swagger, in my opinion, is you have to have that arrogance, that confidence that you are the best out there at all times." Keyshawn Johnson

NuttinItUp

Hogballisback

Quote from: brenthog on December 05, 2017, 09:34:57 pm
A pattern in ineptitude warrants frustration. Your post makes you ignorant.

This hire is not ineptitude. Your post is, however.

hookshog

Nice post. He wasn't my first choice, but he's now the coach of a team I have followed for 40+ yrs. so I will support him like I did every other coach we have had.  And just because some of us don't post a lot  doesn't mean that we aren't on here a lot.

isavedjazz

Welcome to Arkansas Chad Morris. Let's right this ship
Okay, I'll admit I was a bit curt. But requesting "I Ran" from a serious musician, it's just, it's too far.

Philip Seaton

Please, use some logic.

Use some logic and don't bemoan others for not being happy about this hire. It would be unlogical to think that everyone doesn't think the same way as you.

You call this message board embarrassing, then why are you here?

"The media only reports what they hear", of course and what someone wants them to know. This is not that hard. Why do think Jimmy Sexton makes so much money for his clients. He floats information. Just like this Venables to Arkansas crap as defensive coordinator. Only a fool buys, but guess what, all he had to do was float to the right person and his client gets a raise a Clemson. Logic huh?

Morris won by 4 points or less three games this season to two teams that were 3-9 and another that was 2-10. His defense gave up 60 points to Memphis. Only a logical person would look deeper and see there are major questions with this hire. Doesn't make anyone a hater, not a fan or illogical, it just means some people see things differently than you do.

If you want nothing but sunshine, just avoid those threads that you don't like or call DTS tomorrow, they'll give you plenty of it.

Dr. Starcs

So happy that saint Gus highly recommended him. Can't wait to see the postgame hugs after losing again to him.

Puke.

wachhog

wachhog

Funny, all these posters with less than 100 posts praising the hire. UofA. boosters' employees,  maybe? Or a PR firm?

jkstock04

Please, use some logic.

Registered November 24th 2017. Interesting timing.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hogballisback

Quote from: wachhog on December 05, 2017, 09:50:51 pm
Do paid shillls use logic?

Paid shill? Yep. That's me. 28 year old father in Rogers. U of A rang my door bell, said "hey, go pimp the new coach, here's $200"

Hogballisback

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 05, 2017, 09:54:47 pm
Registered November 24th 2017. Interesting timing.

New account after long hiatus. Came back for coaching search.

Hogballisback

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 05, 2017, 09:42:05 pm
We can make logical predictions and remove all excitement and anticipation based on them.

13-24 at SMU means we are gonna suck hard the next few years.

Let's revisit your post in a few years.

Hogballisback

Quote from: LawyerHog50 on December 05, 2017, 09:40:44 pm
Logic: A great coach would have gotten at least 60% wins from that SMU squad

13-24.

Hmmm...no. Nick Saban wouldn't have even done much better with the way that roster was left behind. No tight ends, no good RB's. It was a pass happy offense that got progressively worse recruiting classes under June Jones. Get your facts straight.

jkstock04

Quote from: Hogballisback on December 05, 2017, 09:55:29 pm
New account after long hiatus. Came back for coaching search.
Seems legit. Your OP diatribe is the same BS I've heard a million times over throughout the Bielema debacle beginning to end. Good luck with your task.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Hogtrillian

You're asking too much of these humble fans.

Hogballisback

Quote from: Philip Seaton on December 05, 2017, 09:49:38 pm
Use some logic and don't bemoan others for not being happy about this hire. It would be unlogical to think that everyone doesn't think the same way as you.

You call this message board embarrassing, then why are you here?

"The media only reports what they hear", of course and what someone wants them to know. This is not that hard. Why do think Jimmy Sexton makes so much money for his clients. He floats information. Just like this Venables to Arkansas crap as defensive coordinator. Only a fool buys, but guess what, all he had to do was float to the right person and his client gets a raise a Clemson. Logic huh?

Morris won by 4 points or less three games this season to two teams that were 3-9 and another that was 2-10. His defense gave up 60 points to Memphis. Only a logical person would look deeper and see there are major questions with this hire. Doesn't make anyone a hater, not a fan or illogical, it just means some people see things differently than you do.

If you want nothing but sunshine, just avoid those threads that you don't like or call DTS tomorrow, they'll give you plenty of it.

I didn't bemoan others for being unhappy - I bemoaned idiot posts about protesting and media mouthpieces and conspiracies about new posters being paid schills and only using a 13/24 record and stating "puke". Difference here. Morris wasn't my first choice, either. But these panic posts and meltdowns are obnoxious.

Hogballisback

Quote from: jkstock04 on December 05, 2017, 09:59:03 pm
Seems legit. Your OP diatribe is the same BS I've heard a million times over throughout the Bielema debacle beginning to end. Good luck with your task.

Except well written and thought out, and not garbage. And I did not support Beliema ever.

Philip Seaton

Quote from: Hogballisback on December 05, 2017, 09:59:34 pm
I didn't bemoan others for being unhappy - I bemoaned idiot posts about protesting and media mouthpieces and conspiracies about new posters being paid schills and only using a 13/24 record and stating "puke". Difference here. Morris wasn't my first choice, either. But these panic posts and meltdowns are obnoxious.

Then don't read them. This hire is probably the most important in school history, and none of the talking heads are mentioning why. Jeff Long left a stadium expansion to pay for. When the bonds come due, who gets the bill if the program is rebuilding and not selling out? The students. So before sunshine pumping another 3- to 5-year rebuild, remember that.

jkstock04

Quote from: Hogtrillian on December 05, 2017, 09:59:08 pm
You're asking too much of these humble fans.
Hey look! Another one!

Weird!

/s
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Boarme

Quote from: Hogballisback on December 05, 2017, 07:24:24 pm
Since you are using logic you can certainly understand that CBB was considered a very good hire when he came on board.  Led Wisconsin to three Rose bowls etc.  You can no way argue that CCM is considered even close to that and I am not a CBB fan.  Hiring a coach with a record that will get him fired at Arkansas is never a good thing. 

Dropkick

December 05, 2017, 10:09:06 pm #34 Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 11:53:01 am by Dropkick
Regarding #4 I will spend my money as I see fit.

Boarme

Quote from: Hogballisback on December 05, 2017, 10:01:17 pm
Except well written and thought out, and not garbage. And I did not support Beliema ever.
It was not well written that part is delusional.  You are just another troll.

Hogballisback

Quote from: Boarme on December 05, 2017, 10:10:46 pm
It was not well written that part is delusional.  You are just another troll.

Keep on thinking what you want. Not a troll. Me calling out people for wanting to protest a press conference or believing in conspiracies is trolling. Get real.

hog of steele

All of this is right except for 4. Folks should spend their money where they get the best return. If the hogs aren't a good investment for your hard earned cash spend it elsewhere.

The rest are right on.

Boarme

Quote from: Hogballisback on December 05, 2017, 10:13:03 pm
Keep on thinking what you want. Not a troll. Me calling out people for wanting to protest a press conference or believing in conspiracies is trolling. Get real.
I will take your suggestion and place you firmly in the ignore column.  Thanks

jartiam808

Quote from: jabberjawls on December 05, 2017, 09:37:39 pm
Man, you guys and the "number of posts", like some magic number and now we can listen to you.

GREAT POST OP,  I'm feeling ya

Hogballisback

Quote from: hog of steele on December 05, 2017, 10:14:07 pm
All of this is right except for 4. Folks should spend their money where they get the best return. If the hogs aren't a good investment for your hard earned cash spend it elsewhere.

The rest are right on.

But why cancel your spending over this hire? Other than just a W-L record at a crappy program - one that improved every year? And it's true that if people pull out then the chance of success lessens.

Hogballisback

Quote from: jartiam808 on December 05, 2017, 10:16:50 pm
Man, you guys and the "number of posts", like some magic number and now we can listen to you.

GREAT POST OP,  I'm feeling ya

Some people can't handle the truth. And some people are just crazy.

Piggfoot

I beg to differ with the op. It is not logic to proclaim Morris as a limb on the Malzahn coaching tree when they have never worked together. Morris is a Malzahn admirer, has called him on the phone and talked to him a few times. To imply he is from the Malzahn tree implies he has coached  under Malzahn. He has not. Stating falsehoods weakens your argument.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

Hogballisback

Quote from: Piggfoot on December 05, 2017, 10:30:18 pm
I beg to differ with the op. It is not logic to proclaim Morris as a limb on the Malzahn coaching tree when they have never worked together. Morris is a Malzahn admirer, has called him on the phone and talked to him a few times. To imply he is from the Malzahn tree implies he has tutored under Malzahn.

There's an article that states he went and learned from him while in HS to revamp his entire offense.

Hogballisback

Just want to call out to everyone that acted like fools about this hiring that you look mighty silly now.

SugarHillGaHog

Quote from: Hogballisback on December 05, 2017, 09:41:45 pm
I am not new. And I am way smarter than most of you. Enjoy your evening.

I found your thoughts interesting until the smarter thing.  Thin skinned much?  Just arrogant?  You won't be happy here much if so.  That was a minor.

rhog1

Quote from: Hogballisback on December 08, 2017, 11:23:31 pm
Just want to call out to everyone that acted like fools about this hiring that you look mighty silly now.
I like the hire too, but you should wait until he actually wins something to be calling people out.

HamGrowsOnTrees

BearsBisonsBoars

Quote from: wachhog on December 05, 2017, 09:53:38 pm
Funny, all these posters with less than 100 posts praising the hire. UofA. boosters' employees,  maybe? Or a PR firm?

Seen way more new accounts trashing the hire. Probably alts of the same usual butthurt sad sacks who are never happy about anything.

pigmania

Please, use some logic.

I don't have to use his losing record at SMU as an argument against Morris. His recruiting record for 2017 was ranked 80th in the country and 8th in the AAC. A great recruiter should be doing better than 8th in a non Power 5 conference.