Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It's time to come to the realization we are Kentucky

Started by depressed_fan, October 22, 2017, 02:09:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

depressed_fan

Just a school with a non-relevant football program in a football strong conference.

We do have track
we do have baseball
we do have basketball
we probably have other winning programs I'm unaware of.

Those all add up in my mind and heart to be about as great as Kentucky basketball by itself.  I just don't see us ever being any more relevant than Kentucky in SEC football.

Kentucky is having a pretty good year but did lose bad to Mississippi State today. They have a good coach. I think when we get a good coach it's still 50/50 we lose to Kentucky.

TheShow

bob slydell

I could live with being Kentucky if we were on their level in basketball.  I wouldn't be happy with mediocrity in football, but at least I could better accept it.
*this is not a criticism of moderatin.

oldbooniehog

Been that way for 25 years. What took you so long?

jkstock04

Quote from: depressed_fan on October 22, 2017, 02:09:34 am
Just a school with a non-relevant football program in a football strong conference.

We do have track
we do have baseball
we do have basketball
we probably have other winning programs I'm unaware of.

Those all add up in my mind and heart to be about as great as Kentucky basketball by itself.  I just don't see us ever being any more relevant than Kentucky in SEC football.

Kentucky is having a pretty good year but did lose bad to Mississippi State today. They have a good coach. I think when we get a good coach it's still 50/50 we lose to Kentucky.

You also said this about the game:

"I think Auburn comes in a little bit flat. I think the fans will be loud. I think we play this game with a chip on our shoulder after the last years game.  We played good enough last week and I think CK will have a big game.

I'm not calling a score but I'm predicting a big upset win."

What happend do all that? We can be somewhat of a relevant football program if we can get Bielema out of there. The guy is a train wreck.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

LR_Matt

I have no idea about the other sports but their 5-2 year sounds fantastic right now. I also wish we'd take advantage of the SEC #2 spot being pretty wide open in basketball but Anderson is even more stuck in than Beliema and he wins just enough not to get canned. 

1highhog

moses_007

Quote from: 1highhog on October 22, 2017, 05:08:44 am
We're not Kentucky, we're not that good.
Yeah, KY is what, 5-2 now?  I'll take that over 2-5 any day.

Rzback

Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%