Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I'm boycotting watching razorback games

Started by The OTR, October 20, 2017, 12:28:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The OTR

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 20, 2017, 01:46:02 pm
I couldn't agree with you more.......He is a thorn which must be removed....

Funny how much grief I've already gotten for my stance. 

I may come back next week and say I told you so. 

I've seen enough jelly sandwich feuled second half meltdowns to last me a lifetime.  Only good thing to come from this coaching regime is the lobster population, once dwindling, had made a marvelous comeback.

The OTR

PorkSoda

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 20, 2017, 02:10:48 pm
Well, there have been a lot of 11:00am starts this year...
that's no excuse.  in hawaii an 11am game starts at 6am

by 11 am its time for another B double E double R U N
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 20, 2017, 02:16:52 pm
Who in the hell cares if I watch a football game?  I mean really. 

A "real" fan would care......
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Porked Tongue

You apparently.

hobhog

First off- you will be watching.

Second- stadium will be full. No one there will care who is sitting on couch eating Cheetos typing on a keyboard.

Vantage 8 dude

Well some of us actually DON'T; however, what we absolutely can't do without are the weather forecasts, weekly fashion statements and seafood recommendations. World won't continue turning without those imperative tidbits.

Sed76

I've boycotted in the fact I haven't stepped foot in a stadium since sitting through the 4th straight meltdown at Jerry World. Sold my tickets and have let some others have the Razorback experience. I'll still watch on TV and cuss them from my recliner. I haven't season tickets nearly as long as some of you guys (1995) but if a change isn't made at the end of the year I won't be renewing. Sure, it won't make a lick of difference to the powers that be but it's hard to justify spending all that money every year to watch such a miserable product. Since Petrino left I went from being mad all week after a loss to not batting an eye it has become so frequent. Thank goodness for every game being on TV and having a 55 inch flatscreen so I can change to another game when Bret shats the bed yet again.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on October 20, 2017, 02:10:48 pm
Well, there have been a lot of 11:00am starts this year...
That's no excuse ;) That's a simple solution: start drinking the night before and just continue on until Saturday night.

hobhog

Quote from: Sed76 on October 20, 2017, 02:37:53 pm
I've boycotted in the fact I haven't stepped foot in a stadium since sitting through the 4th straight meltdown at Jerry World. Sold my tickets and have let some others have the Razorback experience. I'll still watch on TV and cuss them from my recliner. I haven't season tickets nearly as long as some of you guys (1995) but if a change isn't made at the end of the year I won't be renewing. Sure, it won't make a lick of difference to the powers that be but it's hard to justify spending all that money every year to watch such a miserable product. Since Petrino left I went from being mad all week after a loss to not batting an eye it has become so frequent. Thank goodness for every game being on TV and having a 55 inch flatscreen so I can change to another game when Bret shats the bed yet again.

another bragging about going from fairweather to just bad.......not sure why people feel the need to tell other people they're NOT supporting the Hogs on a Hog fan forum.

The OTR

Well you boys watch it for me and rant and rave and cuss everybody and each other in the game thread and then start 100 threads complaining about the coaches and AD and each other and do what true fans do I guess. I'll be sitting at the blackjack table or eating sweet potato pie or strumming my banjo and enjoying life instead of being mad and miserable.

island hog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 20, 2017, 12:31:50 pm
I had to do this before cause of my high blood pressure , Clusterflapping under Bret so bad the wife though she was going to take me to the ER. 

Record it and check ESPN after the game if they win watch it and if not delete it.
You and i think alike... watching the Astros and Hogs are taking years off of my life

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: tusked link=topic=644621.msg11048017#msg110480quote author=Pillowhead Jackson link=topic=644621.msg11048070#msg11048070 date=1508523654]
I'm a fair weather fan.  No doubt.

Four and a half years is my limit.  Nothing personal against the players. This one is about the coach.

That will serve you well tomorrow. Supposed to rain.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

hobhog

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 20, 2017, 02:42:37 pm
Well you boys watch it for me and rant and rave and cuss everybody and each other in the game thread and then start 100 threads complaining about the coaches and AD and each other and do what true fans do I guess. I'll be sitting at the blackjack table or eating sweet potato pie or strumming my banjo and enjoying life instead of being mad and miserable.

hmmmm......seem pretty mad and miserable judging by your 1000's of posts.

Cinco de Hogo

sowmonella

Quote from: greasy_corner on October 20, 2017, 12:36:39 pm
I'll be at the game tomorrow with my kids. 

You'll still be on here looking for attention.

What else is new?

Dilly, Dilly. I'll be there too. Go Hogs.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

longtimeHogfan

I don't/won't boycott any Razorback game.  I've been known to go to the other room with a Kindle after the first quarter however.....
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

East Clintwood

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on October 20, 2017, 12:46:41 pm
It will take a lot more than disdain for the coaching staff and/or leadership for me to boycott watching games.  If they start making things political (like the NFL) or start making heroes out of people that are dirt bags off the field (also like the NFL), then I'll turn away.  Until then, I'll watch. 

For many it's not a boycott at all ---  it's a health issue.

Watching this dumpster fire is bad for your health.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Rayzback

Dibs on his Fritos!  Oh and calling shotgun for CK.
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: hobhog on October 20, 2017, 02:42:11 pm
another bragging about going from fairweather to just bad.......not sure why people feel the need to tell other people they're NOT supporting the Hogs on a Hog fan forum.
Wait a minute. You mean you haven't figured out Pillow Brain's schtick yet ??? ::) I mean the guy's posts constantly scream of "LOOK AT ME"!!! He comes on with nonsensical weather forecasts, football fashion blogs, comments about seafood meals and last, but most certainly not least,.....openly and shamelessly campaigns (would actually be called begging) to be named a mod (God forbid!). So why should anything he types surprise you?

Porked Tongue

Quote from: East Clintwood on October 20, 2017, 02:53:45 pm
For many it's not a boycott at all ---  it's a health issue.

Watching this dumpster fire is bad for your health.

But coming on here and pissing.moaning is some kind of healthful catharsis?

Grag T

Quote from: DeltaBoy on October 20, 2017, 12:35:16 pm
I did years ago and it makes me worse ... I was a MEAN DRUNK!

Sounds like our team needs whiskey!!

Couldn't much hurt at this point.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

leroyhawg

Quote from: greasy_corner on October 20, 2017, 12:36:39 pm
I'll be at the game tomorrow with my kids. 

You'll still be on here looking for attention.

What else is new?
Do the kids get Whiskey?
God Loves a Working man, dont trust Whitey and darn from Shinola. Navin

Navin Johnson

Cambridge Hog

Grag T

Quote from: hobhog on October 20, 2017, 02:24:55 pm
First off- you will be watching.

Second- stadium will be full. No one there will care who is sitting on couch eating Cheetos typing on a keyboard.

Weirdest thing, every time I do that my schlong turns orange.

I'll follow the game until the point it becomes, well... another one of those games. 
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live;  it is asking others to live as one wishes to live.  Unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them.  Selfishness always aims at creating around it an absolute uniformity of type."  - Oscar Wilde

DoctorSusscrofa

I'm going to dinner and a concert.  It's going to be awesome.
Fan of Razorback Football, Baseball, Track, Gymnastics, Softball - M Barton

VirginiaHog

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 20, 2017, 12:28:27 pm
Until we win a conference game or until CBB is gone.

Not going to watch Gus come up here with that dumb ### visor and beat us up and embarrass us again.

That's it.
Good for you. I will be at the game support the razorback. Go Hogs

The OTR

Well this worked as expected.  All you soreheads that can't agree on anything this season finally unified and agreed to drive a stake through the heart of pillowhead jackson due to his lack of loyalty to the team. 

Most of you guys are like hungry overpopulated stunted sun fish in a stock pond.  First thing that falls in the water and you guys all jump all over everything. 

At least vantage sort of gets it...in an obnoxious kind of way. 

Okay...you boys have successfully shamed me into watching.  I'll put up my banjo and sweet potato pie when the game starts. 

Some of you boys need to quit taking yourselves and this season and me so seriously.  Was just about to have to bust a beer bottle across a table and fight my way out of mmqb using the jagged edge of the bottle as a weapon before I got lynched.

Porked Tongue

You're welcome.

None of your stuff has taken off lately.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 20, 2017, 02:59:44 pm
But coming on here and pissing.moaning is some kind of healthful catharsis?

Yes.

Misery loves company.

It feels good to know I'm not alone.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Porked Tongue

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 20, 2017, 03:14:46 pm
Okay...you boys have successfully shamed me into watching.  I'll put up my banjo and sweet potato pie when the game starts. 

Good...you'll just have to suffer along with the rest of us real fans....

The OTR

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 20, 2017, 03:15:51 pm
You're welcome.

None of yours has either. 

The OTR

You're welcome.

Only 57 people reading this right now.  You're right.  It hasn't taken off. 

SemperFi

Actually, now that I know that this football team sucks I've started enjoying the season again. Not because my heart is all Razorback and these losses are eating at my very soul, but that the stress of winning or losing is now gone. I know that the Hogs winning an SEC game this season is slim to none and I might be driving my wife nuts watching so much football on Saturday, but it is fun again. Let loose and enjoy what's left of the 2017 football season.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

roothawg

Grag T

Pillowhead you shouldn't put away the banjo, keep it to strum upon for when we get first downs or something.  I personally like to celebrate those moments with a harmonica.  Not quite as musical as those fantastic bells that mississippi state uses, but it's a start.

007 License To Squeal

You're welcome.

I'm sure one of his other proxie identities will have some wild theory to post soon.

wildturkey8

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on October 20, 2017, 12:46:41 pm
It will take a lot more than disdain for the coaching staff and/or leadership for me to boycott watching games.  If they start making things political (like the NFL) or start making heroes out of people that are dirt bags off the field (also like the NFL), then I'll turn away.  Until then, I'll watch. 

Convinces me to go purchase some Wild Turkey Rare Breed 116 proof.  This game is definitely calls for a higher proof.

Kevin

I am not a fair weather fan. I will be watching, pacing, and yelling from my living room in nc
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

The OTR

Quote from: Porked Tongue on October 20, 2017, 03:27:47 pm
That's by design.

So is mine.  I didn't want to waste an afternoon arguing around with people but argue is what I've done. 

Some of you mods really take yourselves too seriously. 

Ban away if you wish. 

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 20, 2017, 03:30:33 pm
I didn't want to waste an afternoon arguing around with people but argue is what I've done. 

You know there is a psychological condition which describes people who argue with themselves.....

Hogs-n-Roses

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on October 20, 2017, 12:43:16 pm
Iam injuying sum guud rum rightt now....
I can get you in a bed in a facility right now. Few minits after noon start is too early.

Rayzback

The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care. Right?
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

jst01

It's still too entertaining to turn away.  Some of the best times this season are when the Hogs do something beyond awful (i.e. clank the field goal, throw multiple pick 6's in five minutes, etc), I just laugh and go check the HV game thread to see the hilarious "[CENSORED] kidding me!!!" posts that fill up several pages. 

The best is when someone posts their outstanding theory or 'dis' in the game thread, but it doesn't get the replys or reaction they were hoping for..so that poster then starts their own amazing thread with the same underlying message to make sure it gets seen.  Great entertaining stuff, this HV.

sickboy

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 20, 2017, 03:14:46 pm
Well this worked as expected.  All you soreheads that can't agree on anything this season finally unified and agreed to drive a stake through the heart of pillowhead jackson due to his lack of loyalty to the team. 

Most of you guys are like hungry overpopulated stunted sun fish in a stock pond.  First thing that falls in the water and you guys all jump all over everything. 

At least vantage sort of gets it...in an obnoxious kind of way. 

Some of you boys need to quit taking yourselves and this season and me so seriously.  Was just about to have to bust a beer bottle across a table and fight my way out of mmqb using the jagged edge of the bottle as a weapon before I got lynched.
Damn right I get it, and not in any obnoxious sort of way. 8) :P BTW who on this green earth would ever take you seriously ??? ::)

The OTR

Quote from: Rayzback on October 20, 2017, 03:37:06 pm
The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care. Right?

I think it must.  But according to a few here I am being selfish because I said I wanted to do something I enjoyed rather than watching our lame duck coach waddle onto the field wearing enough clothes to survive a trip up mt Everest in an effort I guess to hide his gigantic gut (it's not working - we still know he's fat) and get out coached out smarted and out everythinged by a guy most of us can't stand and the waste the rest of the night reading all the crap everyone writes about how we need to fire someone.

I was going to watch.  Now I've talked myself out of it again. 

WilsonHog

I don't think anyone is tore up about whether you watch a game or not; just the opposite.

Put it this way. I've been a season-ticket holder and a donor to the Foundation for 32 years. Now suppose I'm even angrier and more frustrated than you are, and I decide to not only stop donating and buying, but also to get an appointment with the AD to tell him so.

Do you know what I think said AD's response would be?

"Okay."

In short, I think fans in general overestimate the reality of their importance.