Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.21.11 - was a crock shite

Started by RD, February 21, 2011, 09:08:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

Hogs_fan_for_life

Triple H got the biggest pop on that one. So we can pretty much say Trips is done after Mania. Taker ain't dropping the streak to Triple H.

Racinray

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: Hogs_fan_for_life on February 21, 2011, 09:11:32 pm
Taker ain't dropping the streak to Triple H.

I wouldn't be so sure.  It is Trips we're talking about.

RD

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on February 21, 2011, 09:32:40 pm
I wouldn't be so sure.  It is Trips we're talking about.
Daddy in Law has bigger plans for him.

RD

Richard_white

I was duped by rumors and internet chatter that Sting has signed a contract.  In reality, Sting and WWE never really talked about a return.  Vince ran with it to get free publicity for WM. If what I think will be on the card for WM, I'll save my money again this year.  No way will I watch Trips vs Taker and Fruity Pebbles vs Miz. 

Big Papa Satan

Quote from: RD on February 21, 2011, 09:45:24 pm
Daddy in Law has bigger plans for him.

Imagine the backlash if Trips goes over on Taker.

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

hogfan064

Cena ripping on Rock to begin Raw, going back to his old self, was actually very good. 

I don't like Cena, but if he returned to that persona as a heel then it would be more entertaining.

At least for 5 minutes Raw wasn't PG

jbell96

I hate Cena with a passion, but seeing the guy I actually liked from 8 years ago, was a nice change. It's just too bad we can't see him wrestle the Rock at Mania. I would actually consider buying Wrestlemania if those two were going to go at it.

Doug

For those of you that follow me on Twitter, you'll see that I bagged on the WWE for screwing over Taker's return with Haich coming out.  That was absolutely pathetic.

NO ONE wants to see a Taker/Haich match.  Hell, no one wants to see a Cena/Miz match.  For those two matches alone, I will not be ordering WM (first time in 15+ years... the wife even let me order WM on our wedding anniversary night).

You want a good card?  Start off with a Rock vs Cena match.  Edge vs del Rio should be good, as well.  The Core (I refuse to call them "The Corre") vs Nexus should be on the card for the Tag titles).  Orton vs Punk vs Barrett.

That'd be an okay start.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

hogfan064

Like I said last week, the Rock isn't going to wrestle.  He's not even going to be on Raw fulltime, something that was proven last night when he wasn't on.

The Rock is a Hollywood Actor.  Some of what Cena said last night was true.  Dwayne Johnson doesn't care about the fans, he cares about the money.  Can't blame him, but for those hoping the guy was going to come back and compete, you just weren't being realistic.

The guy can make millions by making crappy movies.  Why would he want to take a pounding and be completely washed up by age 40?

hogfan064

Quote from: jbell96 on February 22, 2011, 09:41:16 am
I hate Cena with a passion, but seeing the guy I actually liked from 8 years ago, was a nice change. It's just too bad we can't see him wrestle the Rock at Mania. I would actually consider buying Wrestlemania if those two were going to go at it.

I can't stand Cena, but as a heel he would be fantastic now.  When he stops with the PG joking around and is serious he is actually pretty good on the mic.  The problem is every promo he cuts seems to be some sort of preteen joke.

hogfan064

Quote from: Douglas on February 22, 2011, 09:49:20 am
For those of you that follow me on Twitter, you'll see that I bagged on the WWE for screwing over Taker's return with Haich coming out.  That was absolutely pathetic.

I don't see anything wrong with it.  It's not like an Undertaker return is that big of a deal.  The guy has been doing the same routine for 10 years. 

He gets "killed" sometime around August, comes back in Feb, puts his streak on the line at Mania, wins Mania, starts a championship feud, and then is "killed" again.

Had Triple H ruined the Rock's long awaited return last week, then I could see your point.   Undertaker's return happens every time in the late winter, it's just not a big deal anymore.

jbell96

Quote from: Douglas on February 22, 2011, 09:49:20 am

NO ONE wants to see a Taker/Haich match.  Hell, no one wants to see a Cena/Miz match.  For those two matches alone, I will not be ordering WM (first time in 15+ years... the wife even let me order WM on our wedding anniversary night).

You want a good card?  Start off with a Rock vs Cena match.  Edge vs del Rio should be good, as well.  The Core (I refuse to call them "The Corre") vs Nexus should be on the card for the Tag titles).  Orton vs Punk vs Barrett.

That'd be an okay start.

Douglas, rumor I've been hearing is that HHH is putting his career on the line against the streak. I just hate that they have thrown Sheamus & Barrett under the bus. Sheamus put Hunter on the shelf for 10 months & HHH doesn't care? Barrett put Taker out in the buried alive match with Kane and Taker doesn't care? HHH v Undertaker will be a great match, they had an epic match at Mania 10 years ago, but they could have really elevated two young guys and missed the boat on it.

Richard_white

Cena wasn't entertaining last night.  I felt like I was watching teenage MTV battle bowl.  I sat there shaking my head knowing two things, WM will be boring (just like Cena last night) and WWE is at an all time low with buildup and bad storylines.

One Bad Boy

bring back mick "dude love, mankind, cactus jack" foley, al snow and have the rock rip them a new one all week long by just speaking to them. that is more entertaining than the wrestling lately on wwe. get rid of mikey cole and bring jr back! get rid of annoyimous raw gm and make rock gm!

SwinerBock

Quote from: jbell96 on February 22, 2011, 10:54:08 am
Douglas, rumor I've been hearing is that HHH is putting his career on the line against the streak. I just hate that they have thrown Sheamus & Barrett under the bus. Sheamus put Hunter on the shelf for 10 months & HHH doesn't care? Barrett put Taker out in the buried alive match with Kane and Taker doesn't care? HHH v Undertaker will be a great match, they had an epic match at Mania 10 years ago, but they could have really elevated two young guys and missed the boat on it.

Ditto.  I thought for sure after Sheamus won KOTR that HHH's return was imminent, hell bent on revenge.  With some matches already set for WM, there just doesn't seem to be any story buildup worthy of WM.

Doug

February 22, 2011, 03:12:10 pm #19 Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 03:32:02 pm by Douglas
I'm taking this out and putting this up as a blog entry on my site.

Posted on Blog, linked on FB and Twitter:  http://dlhazard.com
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Richard_white

What was funny, during a couple commercial timeouts, fans started chanting we want Sting.

hvsupastar

Quote from: SwinerBock on February 22, 2011, 02:09:28 pm
Ditto.  I thought for sure after Sheamus won KOTR that HHH's return was imminent, hell bent on revenge.  With some matches already set for WM, there just doesn't seem to be any story buildup worthy of WM.

King of kings vs king of the ring. Nice.

I was sort of hoping Kevin Nash would make his way on TV b4 Mania.  I heard Shawn Michaels will be the special referee for Taker vs HHH. Also I think WWE is killing Randy Orton right now, as over as he is and he doesn't get in a main event for either brand?
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

jbell96

Quote from: hvsupastar on February 24, 2011, 03:27:21 pm
King of kings vs king of the ring. Nice.

I was sort of hoping Kevin Nash would make his way on TV b4 Mania.  I heard Shawn Michaels will be the special referee for Taker vs HHH. Also I think WWE is killing Randy Orton right now, as over as he is and he doesn't get in a main event for either brand?

Not everyone can have a title match, but if given enough time, Orton/Punk could steal the show.