Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5 title changes at last night's PPV

Started by jbell96, June 08, 2009, 12:51:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbell96

A lot happened at last night's PPV. Jericho/Mysterio & Hardy/Edge were easily the two best matches on the card.

Jericho defeated Rey Mysterio to win the IC title in a no holds barred match. If it wasn't for Hardy/Edge, this would've been match of the night.

Tommy Dreamer defeated Jack "Don't call me Dr. Death" Swagger & Christian for the ECW belt in an extreme rules match.

Batista defeated Randy Orton in a cage match for the WWE title.

Jeff Hardy defeated Edge for the World title in a ladder match.  This match easily stole the show.

CM Punk defeated Jeff Hardy for the World title when he cashed in the MITB briefcase directly after the ladder match.

ruarealhogfan

hydrophonic

Quote from: jbell96 on June 08, 2009, 12:51:55 pm
CM Punk defeated Jeff Hardy for the World title when he cashed in the MITB briefcase directly after the ladder match.

So do we think the face-on-face crime is the impetus to turn Punk?  Didn't they do the "I'm straight edge so I'm better than you" program in OVW?
"The future sucks." "Change it."

LVW

FYI Batista was "injured" on RAW tonite because he's going to have surgery to repair a torn tendon in his bicep tomorrow.  He could be back fairly soon since this isn't major surgery which I'm guessing is why there was no conclusive title change tonite.  This was the 2nd time that MiTB was cashed in at the Extreme Rules(formerly One Night Stand) PPV.
Van_the_man_Unusual

width=250 height=156]http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/8279/chapman.jpg

LVW

Quote from: hydrophonic on June 08, 2009, 10:05:33 pm
So do we think the face-on-face crime is the impetus to turn Punk? 
I read an interview with him a couple of weeks ago and he said he would like a heel run eventually but didn't feel if it did happen it wouldn't be anytime soon.

Btw Umaga got released today.
Van_the_man_Unusual

TomasPistola

Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Big Papa Satan

Kennedy, now Umaga?

What is Vince thinking?

TomasPistola

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 09, 2009, 01:36:54 am
Kennedy, now Umaga?

What is Vince thinking?

Another Triple H vs HBK series of matches! That's what the fans want!
You were right.
You did a great job.
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Big Papa Satan

More Trips vs Orton vs Cena vs Batista.

Yay!!!!11

I hear that the Cena-Big Show match was beyond teh suck.

TomasPistola

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 09, 2009, 02:42:18 am
More Trips vs Orton vs Cena vs Batista.

Yay!!!!11

I hear that the Cena-Big Show match was beyond teh suck.

Cena can't wrestle and Big Show couldn't get a reaction if he shot a clown in the face. It was terrible. And the idea at the end was for Cena to put Show's foot in the ropes so he could just do the head part of the STF. Unfortunatly for him - shows foot slipped out and it looked like a crippler crossface. I mean, Cena went for an STF like 20 times in the match. Is that the only submission he knows? Put the "REAL" submission matches that Brett Hart, Shawn Michaels, Kurt Angle, and others could have put on. WWE is full of hacks now.
You were right.
You did a great job.

hydrophonic

LVW

Batista out for 4 months, might be held out til the Royal Rumble.
Van_the_man_Unusual

Seconds

Quote from: hydrophonic on June 09, 2009, 08:03:31 am
Bama & Ole Miss fan reacts to Punk cashing in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OthWXdqnP6E

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.. "
Quote from: Albert Einswine on March 20, 2009, 03:37:25 pm
I believe that Obama could set an orphanage on fire and spray down the children with gasoline as they ran to escape it and you and Veritas would praise him for the beauty and quality of the fire.

jbell96

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 09, 2009, 01:36:54 am
Kennedy, now Umaga?

What is Vince thinking?

Randy Orton complained about Kennedy being reckless in the ring, he nearly broke Orton's collarbone that was broken last year, and Umaga has an attitude problem. Those are the reasons I've heard for the respective releases.

jbell96

Quote from: hydrophonic on June 08, 2009, 10:05:33 pm
So do we think the face-on-face crime is the impetus to turn Punk?  Didn't they do the "I'm straight edge so I'm better than you" program in OVW?

Given Jeff Hardy's past transgressions I think it would be a good idea. Punk can be a top heel if they give him a chance. Future house shows have Punk teaming with heels so maybe this will happen. From what I read about the Smackdown tapings, he's not turning this week.

TomasPistola

I wish Cena would get injured again.
You were right.
You did a great job.

LVW

Quote from: jbell96 on June 10, 2009, 09:21:04 pm
Randy Orton complained about Kennedy being reckless in the ring, he nearly broke Orton's collarbone that was broken last year, and Umaga has an attitude problem. Those are the reasons I've heard for the respective releases.
Umaga reportedly got released for violating the wellness policy and refusing to enter rehab.  You might remember when HHH "put him out of action" with a shot to the back of the head-  a result of his first violation
Van_the_man_Unusual

jbell96

I just read about the wellness issue. I did notice that he looked a bit slimmer when returned. He was a good upper mid card heel, but I didn't see him being much more than that. He'll be a good hand in TNA if he gets us crap together.

LVW

while on the subject of released wrestlers, the pnce released Masterpiece Chris Masters is coming back to wwe within the next month.
Van_the_man_Unusual

hydrophonic

Quote from: Seconds on June 09, 2009, 10:19:14 pm
"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc.. "

It's back, watch it before it gets pulled again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncnyyo3JKmc

Big Papa Satan

Ah yes, Chris Masters, the walking billboard for steroid use.