Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

19 Years Ago Today (07/17/1988)

Started by hydrophonic, July 17, 2007, 08:22:17 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hydrophonic

>:(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruiser_Brody#Death
Quote from: wikiOn July 17, 1988, Brody had finished a match with Abdullah the Butcher and Dan Spivey in Bayamón (a city near San Juan, Puerto Rico), when Jose Huertas, AKA Invader I (a fellow wrestler and booker)[1] came up to him in the locker room and asked him to go into the shower to discuss business. It is contested by several wrestlers in the locker room that Huertas was holding a knife wrapped inside a towel when he was waiting for Brody to arrive to the locker room. At the time, Huertas was one of the men who made decisions at the WWC meetings and was also a good friend of Carlos Colón (WWC Promoter and main superstar), and it is rumored that Brody had upset him on numerous occasions by refusing to do jobs. It is also believed that Brody was planning to take control of WWC (as Brody apparently began to invest in the promotion), which may have additionally upset Huertas.

Huertas got into the shower area first and, when Brody bent his head to enter the shower area, Huertas allegedly grabbed his hair and stabbed Brody several times in the stomach and the chest.[2] He was poisoned from his own bile.[3] Brody was taken by ambulance to Centro Medico, the main hospital facility in San Juan, but he died hours later while undergoing a second surgery. Huertas, who always maintained his innocence, was tried for murder, but was acquitted by a jury of his peers, citing self-defense.[4] Afterwards, a number of wrestlers refused to work in Puerto Rico in protest of the jury verdict, which temporarily crippled the Puerto Rican wrestling scene.
"The future sucks." "Change it."

hydrophonic

>:(
[youtube=425,350]TMu_vaPBjqI[/youtube]

Bomis Hawg

July 17, 2007, 09:06:35 am #2 Last Edit: July 17, 2007, 09:08:43 am by Bomis Hawg
Sad day.  He had a niche in the buisness.  Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing another guy with a gimmick similar to his than the constant trying to work Gene Snitsky into something worth while.

He and Abdullah the Butcher.  Two crazy dudes.

I did see that his widow signed a legends contract with the WWE (including an action figure).
That's pretty cool, since the WWF and Brody were eye-to-eye back when he was there.

hydrophonic

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on July 17, 2007, 09:06:35 amHe and Abdullah the Butcher.  Two crazy dudes.

[youtube=425,350]mXDunIC87xc[/youtube]

Bomis Hawg

hydrophonic

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on July 17, 2007, 11:46:05 am
Were't they in the old Mid-South?

I don't remember them there, but they could have been.  I can't remember ever seeing Abby on TV.  Maybe I did once or twice, but I don't remember it.  I still remember some of those magazine pictures though!

SwinerBock

Quote from: hydrophonic on July 17, 2007, 12:26:55 pm
Quote from: Bomis Hawg on July 17, 2007, 11:46:05 am
Were't they in the old Mid-South?

I don't remember them there, but they could have been.  I can't remember ever seeing Abby on TV.  Maybe I did once or twice, but I don't remember it.  I still remember some of those magazine pictures though!
Don't recall them in Mid-South.  Definitely NWA / WCCW (Texas), though.