Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

6 Years Ago Today (3/23/01)

Started by hydrophonic, March 23, 2007, 09:02:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hydrophonic

Eight days before WrestleMania 17 in Houston, the WWF officially announced the purchase of WCW.  Several WCW talents - including Stacy Kiebler  ;) - are shown in an Astrodome luxury box.

QuoteIn March 2001, WWF Entertainment, Inc. acquired World Championship Wrestling, Inc. from AOL Time Warner for a number reported to be around $7 million. With this purchase, WWF was now the largest wrestling promotion in the world, and practically the only one in North America. It would remain so until the launch of Total Nonstop Action Wrestling in 2002.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Wrestling_Entertainment#Acquisition_of_WCW_and_ECW
"The future sucks." "Change it."

hogheat1

rasorback4life

Mediocrity Rules!!!

hogheat1

i remember being kinda excited about the whole merger. i couldnt stand to watch wcw anymore so a change i thought would be good. and at first it was, but its been downhill since. boo 3 brand gimmick, give me a live show on thursday again!

spehog

Quote from: hydrophonic on March 23, 2007, 09:02:08 am
Eight days before WrestleMania 17 in Houston, the WWF officially announced the purchase of WCW.  Several WCW talents - including Stacy Kiebler  ;) - are shown in an Astrodome luxury box.

QuoteIn March 2001, WWF Entertainment, Inc. acquired World Championship Wrestling, Inc. from AOL Time Warner for a number reported to be around $7 million. With this purchase, WWF was now the largest wrestling promotion in the world, and practically the only one in North America. It would remain so until the launch of Total Nonstop Action Wrestling in 2002.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Wrestling_Entertainment#Acquisition_of_WCW_and_ECW

Goodness I still remember those legs...first boyhood crush.

Woo Pig.
Woo Pig.

hydrophonic

Quote from: spehog on March 23, 2007, 01:52:38 pmGoodness I still remember those legs...first boyhood crush.

Thanks for not only making me feel old, but like a dirty old man to boot.
"The future sucks." "Change it."